Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2005 1:03:01 PM EDT
I am not saying all college professors are lazy but wow never have I met a profession full of people who stress being prompt, being in class and turning in assignments on time, when it takes them weeks to get the grades in.

I have a class that I was finished with 2 months ago and the lazy SOB hasn't even posted a single grade...

Sorry They have 3 weeks to turn in grades and most wait til the last day, which sucks when you need to show your grades to get more money for college and fees are due 3 weeks ago!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:09:27 PM EDT
[#1]
That sucks.   But.... at least this thread isn't about a chick that broke your heart!  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:09:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey!!! As being an ex-instructor, I beg to differ! It gets rather difficult getting the grades in on time. When I have to make lesson plans for next term, smoke a bowl with staff and ogle the hotties in the commons area! There just is not enough time in the day to get everything done.. Now STFU and pay your tuition! With a LOT of hard work some day, maby some day, you too can teach!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:13:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That sucks.   But.... at least this thread isn't about a chick that broke your heart!  

FUCK YEAH!!!!!

this is what you pay for.....
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#4]
My son had his reprot card from college less than a week after the semester ended.  I was almost in shock.

Glad to see it though because I had already told him if he didn't do well the gravy train was over and I didn't want to shell out for another semester until I knew how he was doing.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:31:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes teaching would be the way to go... Summer off , every year.  Would leave much time to play with guns...  I'm taking grad classes  now and some teachers are just a joke. You go from teachers who the read the books power point presentation to  the teacher that has the students do the class each week and your graded on how well you teach...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:26:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yes teaching would be the way to go... Summer off , every year.  Would leave much time to play with guns...  I'm taking grad classes  now and some teachers are just a joke. You go from teachers who the read the books power point presentation to  the teacher that has the students do the class each week and your graded on how well you teach...

I had a teacher do that, assigned all the subjects out to groups, he just sat back and watched.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:27:24 PM EDT
[#7]
oh the thing that really pisses me off is that one teacher has given all our exams as scantron all she has to do is run the fucking tests through a machine and then post our grades, it would only take 1 hour to do!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:30:32 PM EDT
[#8]

The grad student who does all the grading probably died of starvation.  It takes a while to find another grad student to take over the work.

Jim
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:33:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't tell you the number of times my wife has had to drive into town to make a class and the professor doesn't even show up. No advanced warning. However if you miss one of his classes, he
wants a hospital bill to prove you had a medical problem.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:41:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hey!!! As being an ex-instructor, I beg to differ! It gets rather difficult getting the grades in on time. When I have to make lesson plans for next term, smoke a bowl with staff and ogle the hotties in the commons area! There just is not enough time in the day to get everything done.. Now STFU and pay your tuition! With a LOT of hard work some day, maby some day, you too can teach!

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:42:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Try being in law school.  Our grades are not even due until January 5 (the semester ended on December 16).  On top of that, we will not even get our grades released until around February.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:44:20 PM EDT
[#12]
My one bitch about college professors is with my psychology prof. He was a hippy type that sat with his legs crossed on his desk at the front of the classroom. He was the "don't call me Dr. call me Graham" type. Sorry bud, but you earned the title, and I called him Dr. [Whatever his name was] until the end of his class. Ironically, he marked me down on my term paper because it was "too informal in tone."
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:16:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I can't tell you the number of times my wife has had to drive into town to make a class and the professor doesn't even show up. No advanced warning. However if you miss one of his classes, he
wants a hospital bill to prove you had a medical problem.

I had that happen 3 times for one teacher this semester, now mind you this was a 1 day a week class!  At least the 3rd time he sent out a email, only problem was that i came straight from work and didn't check my email
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top