Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/27/2005 12:38:27 PM EDT
a buddy of mine called.. he had to leave work early last week.
he says he had to take his mom to the hospital to see his cousin who just tried commit suicide.. and that aint the bad part!.. first some background..
his cousin was adopted along with 3 or 4 others.
she has some MAJOR issues..
she is like 17 or 18, she dropped out of HS,
she was caught last year i think for , get this.. "she was having her "sister" keep a look out for her as she gave BJ's for cash in the back of the family van in HER driveway to the local HS kids.."
this is a suburban kid and nieborhood, not ghetto.

so, back to her offing her self..

she takes a fist full of sleeping pills while kneeling on her bed..

she is found 3 days later..

she would have been "ok" except 1 thing..

her legs were folded up under her for 3 DAYS!..

her legs died from lack of blood, she wakes up in the hospital with NO LEGS!

oh.. and while she was in there, and they ran tests, they found out she has a shit load of STD'd that have been un treated for years now!..

WTF!..

bet she whished she was dead now...

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:39:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:40:30 PM EDT
It could get worse, the child could be yours
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:44:05 PM EDT
Stupid hurts.

A lot.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:46:44 PM EDT
Um......Nevermind.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:49:27 PM EDT
That is horrible......
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:53:45 PM EDT
If she thought she wanted to die BEFORE losing both legs and knowing about all the STD's...she'll definately want to die now.

Horrible to hear about a kid so young, finding so little worth living for.

I wonder if she's mentally ill, or whether her upbringing had something to do with it?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:57:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:57:37 PM EDT

Yeah, I think it is a riot. Fuck her.
I cannot possibly begin to tell you how sick of these loser scumbags I have become over the years and shit like this only restores my faith in a God.

Flame me all you want, I couldn't give a shit less about people like that. Been saying for years they'd do thie entire planet a favor if they would just find a gutter to die in.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:12:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:
not calling bs,

but assuming she passed out it would be difficult for her to have been in a position to block both femoral arteries completely to allow tissue necrosis to that extent in 72hrs. i'm sure it's possible but DAMN what a freak occurance.

think of it like falling asleep on your arm or remember falling asleap in schools and waking up with a leg that fell asleep..

cut that same flo for 3 days and you will have a problem..
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:20:11 PM EDT
just goes to prove that it could always be worse, there are worse things that can happen to you in life that dying.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:23:57 PM EDT
[MarkM] These things happen! [/MarkM]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:24:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Ring:

not calling bs,

but assuming she passed out it would be difficult for her to have been in a position to block both femoral arteries completely to allow tissue necrosis to that extent in 72hrs. i'm sure it's possible but DAMN what a freak occurance.

think of it like falling asleep on your arm or remember falling asleap in schools and waking up with a leg that fell asleep..

cut that same flo for 3 days and you will have a problem..

Yeah, I'd think he probably means folded at the knees, you fall back with your feet under ur ass and knees bent that far, It wouldn't take nearly 3 days for necrosis to set in.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:24:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By drjarhead:

I cannot possibly begin to tell you how sick of these loser scumbags I have become over the years and shit like this only restores my faith in a God.

Flame me all you want, I couldn't give a shit less about people like that. Been saying for years they'd do thie entire planet a favor if they would just find a gutter to die in.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:26:56 PM EDT
well bout two weeks ago there is a story bout a man gets a call about his son been killed in an accident on the highway, on the way to the accident scene he passes a brand new wreck and his second son has just died in that one too (two sons killed in auto accidents separate within a couple of hours).
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:29:58 PM EDT
My guess is she was seriously abused or molested by previous
foster parents.
That usually causes the addictive, sexually active, self destructive behavior in some
young girls.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:31:52 PM EDT
Sooo...How much is she charging for BJ's?

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:31:55 PM EDT

not calling bs,

It only takes 8hrs to kill an arm, IIRC.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:34:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:35:19 PM EDT

LOL

Just curious - what kind of a doctor are you, and which god is it that you have restored faith in?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:35:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By No-Worries:

Yeah, that was mean wasn't it?

Allow me to explain.

I seriously don't give a fuck. Only bad thing is that she is now going cost us a couple of hundred grand in healthcare and then bleed all of us dry for the rest of her pathetic life. If she'd actually managed to kill herself it would have been better for EVERYONE. They are so ignorant and inept however that they rarely do except by accident. These people have zero worth. Even the bacteria in my septic tank do something useful and provide a benefit of some kind. She is not even at the level of slime mold in this regard. My advice is a free course in "how to off yourself 101". I'd even be willing to help pay for it provided there is a lab involved.
Now, if I upset your little PC existence I can tell you that I don't give a fuck about that either.

Did I leave anything out?

Don't think so.
If I come up with more I'll be back.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:35:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:37:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Rodent:

LOL

Just curious - what kind of a doctor are you, and which god is it that you have restored faith in?

Drjarhead isnt really a doctor. He just plays one on the Intarweb.
He did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night however.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:38:32 PM EDT
Wow.

Suddenly, losing my job doesn't seem so bad.

She's going to off herself eventually, you realize.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:39:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2005 2:53:50 PM EDT by drjarhead]

Originally Posted By Specop_007:

Originally Posted By Rodent:

LOL

Drjarhead isnt really a doctor. He just plays one on the Intarweb.
He did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night however.

I tired to sneak in but they kicked me out.

As for what kind of a doc I am, it is none of your fucking business.

Edited to delete the offensive part. Yeah, just one sentence.

I like all you guys also!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:40:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Zaphod:
Wow.

Only by accident or stupidity but we can hope.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:41:33 PM EDT

A bit harsh there bud

But I know where you are coming from, becouse of other posts that
you've made in reguards to people you've dealt with in your profession.

So no loss of respect here.

But I would like to say it breaks my heart to see this in a child.

I've worked with at risk youth and foster kids and some have really been
dealt a shitty hand which I know you are well aware of.

GM
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:41:44 PM EDT

But I'll tell ya this much, I am one who is sick of losers like you 3.

DAMN BRO!
Wake up on the wrong side of the scapel this morning?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:43:27 PM EDT
Nah. I bet they called him a soldier instead of a Marine.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:49:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2005 1:51:35 PM EDT by drjarhead]

DAMN BRO!

No. You just have no idea what kind of miserable experiences I have had with people like this. Spent plenty of nights sitting up taking care of them and I can think of only 1 or 2 times that it was worth it IMO. Easy to talk when you aren't the ones dealing with them and all too often their screwed up families, all trying to make your life a living Hell by trying to drag you down into it.
I never lost a suicide attempt or an overdose though I've seen a few go down. Almost none intentionally. They just keep acting out and pushing the envelope thinking it won't happen until they screw up bigtime. Mostly just after attention and trying to manipulate those around them. Works on the other psychos, that's about it.

They get NO sympathy from me. I save that for people with real disease and who have had something bad happen to them thru no fault of their own. Doing otherwise is what creates the problem not solves it.

Venting, yeah. These assholes really piss me off.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:51:03 PM EDT

DAMN BRO!

No. You just have no idea what kind of miserable experiences I have had with people like this. Spent plenty of nights sitting up taking care of them and I can think of only 1 or 2 times that it was worth it IMO. Easy to talk when you aren't the ones dealing with them and all too often their screwed up families, all trying to make your life a living Hell by trying to drag you down into it.
I never lost a suicide or an overdose though I've seen a few go down. Almost none intentionally. They just keep acting out and pushing the envelope thinking it won't happen until they screw up bigtime. Mostly just after attention and trying to manipulate those around them. Works on the other psychos, that's about it.

They get NO sympathy from me. I save that for people with real disease and who have had something bad happen to them thru no fault of their own. Doing otherwise is what creates the problem not solves it.

Maybe I misunderstood your post.
Clarify "you 3"
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:53:16 PM EDT

DAMN BRO!

I never lost a suicide attempt or an overdose though I've seen a few go down. Almost none intentionally. They just keep acting out and pushing the envelope thinking it won't happen until they screw up bigtime. Mostly just after attention and trying to manipulate those around them. Works on the other psychos, that's about it.

I've hauled plenty of ppl like this and while I can more than understand your point of view, from having been there, I even thought it was a tad, JUST A TAD, harsh.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:53:41 PM EDT

DAMN BRO!

perhaps you should add a few amps of succinylcholine to your little black bag....
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:54:32 PM EDT

Wow.

im preaty shure her next stop is the loony ward...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:57:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2005 2:05:24 PM EDT by drjarhead]

Originally Posted By Dusty_C:

DAMN BRO!

I've hauled plenty of ppl like this and while I can more than understand your point of view, from having been there, I even thought it was a tad, JUST A TAD, harsh.

Well, if even Dusty thinks it was harsh then....

Big difference between hauling them in and dumping them off vs dealing with their shit day after day, night after night.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:00:04 PM EDT

Wow.

For a time.

I'll bet she doesn't actually try to kill herself though. This will give her the ability to manipulate others through guilt and she will make other "attempts" with this in mind. Eventually, she may pull it off but just out of stupidity.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:02:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2005 2:05:30 PM EDT by The_Beer_Slayer]

DAMN BRO!

comments removed per coc
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:04:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:05:13 PM EDT

Wow.

Well, she is not going to jump off a bridge.

Sorry, could not help it.

This is a sad story. Foster/adopted kids are generally screwed up pretty bad.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:07:04 PM EDT

Wow.

For a time.

I'll bet she doesn't actually try to kill herself though. This will give her the ability to manipulate others through guilt and she will make other "attempts" with this in mind. Eventually, she may pull it off but just out of stupidity.

Only one I've seen that I felt sorry for was a Dr actually. Blender, Pills, 40 of this 50 of that. Something like 200 pills they guessed. Including valium. Throw in some milk and choclate ice cream, mix, drink, and what did he get? A valium induced slowing of the metabolism that let everything else metabolize so slowly that he lived. Unfortunate for him he's got the brains of a cucumber now and since he didn't have parents and he did it because his wife left him, he's just screwed. Had he left the valium out, he woulda been dead. You'd think a psychiatrist would know better.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:11:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2005 2:13:45 PM EDT by ARDunstan]
Since she was adopted, it may be possible she was seriously abused
when she was younger. An adopted child usually is helpless, especially with today's
fucked up CPS.
Did she bring that on herself, jarhead?
I know you've had your fill of nutcases, but there are SOME nutcases
who did not get that way voluntarily.
Some people didn't asked to get killed, raped, mutilated, ripped off at gunpoint.
They didn't want or like it.
You going to say say fuck them as well?
I understand your point, jarhead, but I think her situation is the result of
someone else's selfishness.
No normal 17 year old girl gives blowjobs for money.
They usually do it for fun.
Something HAD to have happened to her.
If this sounds too touchy feely, for you, think about this,
if you and your extended family somehow all died leaving your children ALL alone,
do you think the state will really look after them as well as you did?
I would not bet on it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:12:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Ndenway:
just goes to prove that it could always be worse, there are worse things that can happen to you in life that dying.

MLW>"<

+1
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:07:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ARDunstan:
when she was younger. An adopted child usually is helpless, especially with today's
fucked up CPS.
Some people didn't asked to get killed, raped, mutilated, ripped off at gunpoint.
if you and your extended family somehow all died leaving your children ALL alone,
I would not bet on it.

A lot of assumptions.
I would not be surprised if some are true.

However, she is a broken person and unfortunatley there is no hope for her. She will only perpetuate and unload her pathology on others, almost certainly her children of which it is safe to predict she will have at least 4. I'm sorry, but she is just not worth it. However she got there, and we don't know that, she has nothing to contribute other than more pain for herself and others.

Some people can see only what is in front of their face, others deeper. Similar to a chess novice who can barely see one move and a grandmaster who can see almost the entire game after just a few moves.

Life is a gift and I have lost any patience I once had for those who would so casually throw it away.

Additionally, you all need to realize that allowing these people to manipulate you, make you feel guilty, etc only gives these people positive reinforcement for their abberant behavior, almost guaranteeing they will do so again. Some people are just weakminded, have low character, are stupid, etc, etc. It isn't all a disease, syndrome or diagnosis.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:15:19 PM EDT

Wow.

For a time.

Only one I've seen that I felt sorry for was a Dr actually. Blender, Pills, 40 of this 50 of that. Something like 200 pills they guessed. Including valium. Throw in some milk and choclate ice cream, mix, drink, and what did he get? A valium induced slowing of the metabolism that let everything else metabolize so slowly that he lived. Unfortunate for him he's got the brains of a cucumber now and since he didn't have parents and he did it because his wife left him, he's just screwed. Had he left the valium out, he woulda been dead. You'd think a psychiatrist would know better.

I don't feel bad for him. That is the worst reason there is for a suicide attempt and he was weakminded. Sad, true, but that is about it. Same as this story.

BTW, shrinks are the nuttiest ones of the bunch.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:33:20 PM EDT

However, she is a broken person and unfortunatley there is no hope for her. She will only perpetuate and unload her pathology on others, almost certainly her children of which it is safe to predict she will have at least 4. I'm sorry, but she is just not worth it. However she got there, and we don't know that, she has nothing to contribute other than more pain for herself and others.

And where might you find a guy willing to knock up a double amputee with more diseases than that monkey in "Outbreak"?

Another thing: WTF do women always use pills to attempt suicide? That has to be one of the least effective ways of doing it. Leave it to a woman to screw up something as easy as offing herself.

I have a better on for her: Eat a shit-load of Tylenol. As I hear it, the person eats the Tylenol, has a really bad reaction, starts to feel better, then dies several days later of liver failure. That way, they get all the stuff tht goes with an attempted suicide, the family says how much they really love them, then they die anyway.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:35:02 PM EDT
Murphey's law. It can always get worse. Next time shes gonna be holding herself up on her arms and pass out on them....
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:43:17 PM EDT

fucked up CPS.
I would not bet on it.

A lot of assumptions.

Some people can see only what is in front of their face, others deeper. Similar to a chess novice who can barely see one move and a grandmaster who can see almost the entire game after just a few moves.

Life is a gift and I have lost any patience I once had for those who would so casually throw it away.

Additionally, you all need to realize that allowing these people to manipulate you, make you feel guilty, etc only gives these people positive reinforcement for their abberant behavior, almost guaranteeing they will do so again. Some people are just weakminded, have low character, are stupid, etc, etc. It isn't all a disease, syndrome or diagnosis.

I am a product of a foster home, an alcoholic mother, and an absent father. Through whatever combination of the few good years I had with my mother, genes, a couple of good role models, and the grace of God, I am not totally fucked up....just eccentric.

Nobody is born "strong" and of good character. Strongheaded maybe. We grow "strong", and we learn character from those around us. A good role model goes a loooooong way. Most people that turn out fucked up just never had someone in their life that commanded respect, and who cared enough step into their life and point them in the right direction. In my case, it was two uncles and my ex father in law. One was a young partier. He taught me both what to do, and more often what NOT to do. Mainly he taught me that there are men who care and will take time to spend with you. The other was a Vietnam veteran who was an Airborne Ranger. He was really someone to look up to and taught me how to fish and camp. Finally, my ex father in law taught me what it means to tough it out and work hard.

I kind of took off from there.

The best thing anyone could do for someone coming from ANY background, is to steer them into looking up to the right kind of person, and find someone to look up to.

I would caution you to be careful in assigning blame. Yeah, by the time someone gets to be late teens and into the 20's, if there hasn't been a role model then it's pretty much too late. But the fault lies squarely with the parents of any particular person, IMO. Remember, someone in that loser's life really let them down and you are looking at the result. They never made that choice, it was made for them. It doesn't excuse it, it just explains it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:53:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PromptCritical:

And where might you find a guy willing to knock up a double amputee with more diseases than that monkey in "Outbreak"?

There are plenty. Trust me on that one.

Another thing: WTF do women always use pills to attempt suicide? That has to be one of the least effective ways of doing it. Leave it to a woman to screw up something as easy as offing herself.

Yeah, it can. It doesn't take the guts that shooting oneself, stabbing oneself, slashing, etc does. Pills are easy.
Plus most that I have taken care of swallowed a bottle of pills in front of their friends on friday night as their scream for attention, or call someone and say, "I just ate a bottle of pills." So bottom line is that many of them figure someone will find them or have no intention of killing themselves in the first place.

I have seen 2 patients (not mine) die from an overdose of Calcium Blockers which are blood pressure meds. You can try overriding the effect with large doses of IV calcium as an antidote but both died anyway. Both had no intention of killing themselves and didn't think that it would or that they could be saved in the hospital. It took them both 2 days to die. Guess it gave them something to think about.

I have a better on for her: Eat a shit-load of Tylenol. As I hear it, the person eats the Tylenol, has a really bad reaction, starts to feel better, then dies several days later of liver failure. That way, they get all the stuff tht goes with an attempted suicide, the family says how much they really love them, then they die anyway.

That'll do it if Mucomyst isn't given in time. Takes days and is quite unpleasant. This is by far the most common overdose I have taken care of. Big cry for attention and most people have no idea the tylenol can actually kill them.

BTW, people abuse OTC meds all the time thinking it can't hurt them if it is OTC. I've seen people wind up on dialysis from ibuprofen also. Cardiac arrhythmias from ephedrine, evne caffeine, alcohol and smoking. You ought to see the look you get when you try to convince people this stuff can be dangerous. Usually welfare types with a sub-80 IQ who are convinced they know more than the doctor.

Interesting world out there.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:01:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheKill:

fucked up CPS.
I would not bet on it.

A lot of assumptions.

I am a product of a foster home, an alcoholic mother, and an absent father. Through whatever combination of the few good years I had with my mother, genes, a couple of good role models, and the grace of God, I am not totally fucked up....just eccentric.

Nobody is born "strong" and of good character. Strongheaded maybe. We grow "strong", and we learn character from those around us. A good role model goes a loooooong way. Most people that turn out fucked up just never had someone in their life that commanded respect, and who cared enough step into their life and point them in the right direction. In my case, it was two uncles and my ex father in law. One was a young partier. He taught me both what to do, and more often what NOT to do. Mainly he taught me that there are men who care and will take time to spend with you. The other was a Vietnam veteran who was an Airborne Ranger. He was really someone to look up to and taught me how to fish and camp. Finally, my ex father in law taught me what it means to tough it out and work hard.

I kind of took off from there.

The best thing anyone could do for someone coming from ANY background, is to steer them into looking up to the right kind of person, and find someone to look up to.

I would caution you to be careful in assigning blame. Yeah, by the time someone gets to be late teens and into the 20's, if there hasn't been a role model then it's pretty much too late. But the fault lies squarely with the parents of any particular person, IMO. Remember, someone in that loser's life really let them down and you are looking at the result. They never made that choice, it was made for them. It doesn't excuse it, it just explains it.

In the end THEY made the choice. We make all kinds of choices, do so everyday. Parents and mentors are important, I cannot agree enough, but there lessons and direction out there all around us, both good and bad. Which calls us more strongly is really up to us.

Plenty of lousy parents these days but not everyone from those homes ends up screwed up, on welfare, with drug and alcohol problems, etc. Risk factor, yes.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:08:41 PM EDT
you gotta be shitting us....
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:15:24 PM EDT

Head-shrinkers know shit about medicine, except for the anti-depressants and neuroleptics they prescribe. Their level of ignorance on some of the most basic principles of medicine is legendary. There is a reason they went into psychiatry.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top