Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:28:41 PM EDT
[#1]
i wounder if anyone got her shoes for xmas?

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:57:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would caution you to be careful in assigning blame.  Yeah, by the time someone gets to be late teens and into the 20's, if there hasn't been a role model then it's pretty much too late.  But the fault lies squarely with the parents of any particular person, IMO.  Remember, someone in that loser's life really let them down and you are looking at the result.  They never made that choice, it was made for them.  It doesn't excuse it, it just explains it.

There is no doubt that she lacked the proper role models at several critical junctions in her life.  Unfortunately, those chapters cannot be re-written and it is tragic that she cannot be psychologically 'fixed'.  

It truly is a mystery how adversity can affect people very differently, some being 'toughened' by the experience while others are completely destroyed by it.

I strongly suspect that she underwent some serious sexual/psychological abuse for her to behave the way she does, and likely also has several serious underlying psychiatric disorders including  personality disorders and manic-depression.  Promiscuity is classic during 'manic' phases.

All that said, 'Society' is now having to deal with the aftermath of her broken upbringing.  It is extremely difficult, if not impossible to understand where dr_jarhead is coming from unless you deal with these types of people.

The fact that these patients can elicit such a hateful response from dr_jarhead is a testament to the loathesome nature of these people.

I remember driving to work one morning and seeing the State Polic crime lab unit parked in front of a house.  I found out later that day that it was where one of my patients lived, and that her boyfriend had been arrested for allegedly beating her to death.  I do not condone murder, but I understood how my patient, a low-life manipulative drug-addict, could elicit such a response from someone.    

dr_jarhead,

Don't kid yourself.  This girl will live and psychologically torture people for another 30 years.  Shit, they should send her down to Guantanamo Bay.  She'll have those prisoners confess to the Kennedy assassination in a few days.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:26:36 PM EDT
[#3]
It takes between 4-6 hours for muscle to die.  She did not have loss of blood flow from  femoral artery occlusion, but rather just sitting on the legs blocks the blood flow at the capillary level, and in short order you got dead muscle.  

Someone tell me how, and I've got a picture of the same thing but worse from our local ER.

BT.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:09:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I would caution you to be careful in assigning blame.  Yeah, by the time someone gets to be late teens and into the 20's, if there hasn't been a role model then it's pretty much too late.  But the fault lies squarely with the parents of any particular person, IMO.  Remember, someone in that loser's life really let them down and you are looking at the result.  They never made that choice, it was made for them.  It doesn't excuse it, it just explains it.

There is no doubt that she lacked the proper role models at several critical junctions in her life.  Unfortunately, those chapters cannot be re-written and it is tragic that she cannot be psychologically 'fixed'.  

It truly is a mystery how adversity can affect people very differently, some being 'toughened' by the experience while others are completely destroyed by it.

I strongly suspect that she underwent some serious sexual/psychological abuse for her to behave the way she does, and likely also has several serious underlying psychiatric disorders including  personality disorders and manic-depression.  Promiscuity is classic during 'manic' phases.

All that said, 'Society' is now having to deal with the aftermath of her broken upbringing.  It is extremely difficult, if not impossible to understand where dr_jarhead is coming from unless you deal with these types of people.

The fact that these patients can elicit such a hateful response from dr_jarhead is a testament to the loathesome nature of these people.

I remember driving to work one morning and seeing the State Polic crime lab unit parked in front of a house.  I found out later that day that it was where one of my patients lived, and that her boyfriend had been arrested for allegedly beating her to death.  I do not condone murder, but I understood how my patient, a low-life manipulative drug-addict, could elicit such a response from someone.  

Thank you for the words.  

dr_jarhead,

Don't kid yourself.  This girl will live and psychologically torture people for another 30 years.  Shit, they should send her down to Guantanamo Bay.  She'll have those prisoners confess to the Kennedy assassination in a few days.  

I have no doubt.
Maybe that is something the .gov could explore.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:16:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn.  That's the most fucked up thing I've heard in awhile.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Only one I've seen that I felt sorry for was a Dr actually.  Blender,  Pills, 40 of this 50 of that.  Something like 200 pills they guessed.  Including valium.  Throw in some milk and choclate ice cream, mix, drink, and what did he get?  A valium induced slowing of the metabolism that let everything else metabolize so slowly that he lived.   Unfortunate for him he's got the brains of a cucumber now and since he didn't have parents and he did it because his wife left him, he's just screwed.  Had he left the valium out, he woulda been dead.  You'd think a psychiatrist would know better.

Head-shrinkers know shit about medicine, except for the anti-depressants and neuroleptics they prescribe.  Their level of ignorance on some of the most basic principles of medicine is legendary.  There is a reason they went into psychiatry.  

psychiatrists are still MDs
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Only one I've seen that I felt sorry for was a Dr actually.  Blender,  Pills, 40 of this 50 of that.  Something like 200 pills they guessed.  Including valium.  Throw in some milk and choclate ice cream, mix, drink, and what did he get?  A valium induced slowing of the metabolism that let everything else metabolize so slowly that he lived.   Unfortunate for him he's got the brains of a cucumber now and since he didn't have parents and he did it because his wife left him, he's just screwed.  Had he left the valium out, he woulda been dead.  You'd think a psychiatrist would know better.

Head-shrinkers know shit about medicine, except for the anti-depressants and neuroleptics they prescribe.  Their level of ignorance on some of the most basic principles of medicine is legendary.  There is a reason they went into psychiatry.  

Yes, C-4 as an official arfcom physician knows that, however what he says is true(ish)

I will say I know a couple of head shrinks who are really sharp but all of them are definitely wonky.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:00:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, C-4 as an official arfcom physician knows that, however what he says is true(ish)

I will say I know a couple of head shrinks who are really sharp but all of them are definitely wonky.

I haven't seen a shrink do an exam on a pt since medschool and even then only once or twice. I would have to come in in the middle of the night to do the admit H&Ps on their whackjob pts who just felt like they could use a few days of people waiting on them hand and foot. Personally, I think they are a waste of air.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:19:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Yeah, I think it is a riot. Fuck her.
...............and shit like this only restores my faith in a God.

Flame me all you want, I couldn't give a shit less about people like that. Been saying for years they'd do thie entire planet a favor if they would just find a gutter to die in.

Mighty Christian of you. Doesn't that sound EXACTLY like something Jesus would want his followers to say?

You think that whatever "book" you're stories of faith come from, espouses the attitude above?

I seriously doubt it.....but I'm sure you'll rationalize to make it "fit" you.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:30:54 AM EDT
[#10]

by ring:
this is a suburban kid and nieborhood, not ghetto.

one does not have to be ghetto to give blowjobs

maybe the adoptive parents were abusive somehow

you know

life is not what it's cracked up to be!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:21:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Flame me all you want, I couldn't give a shit less about people like that. Been saying for years they'd do thie entire planet a favor if they would just find a gutter to die in.

Mighty Christian of you. Doesn't that sound EXACTLY like something Jesus would want his followers to say?

You think that whatever "book" you're stories of faith come from, espouses the attitude above?

Rationalize this:

1] I ain't Jesus

2] He didn't have to stay awake nights with some of this human refuse with obnoxious families listening to their DEMANDS and watching them make a bad situation worse.

They are always looking for hospital volunteers. You can always go into nursing or medicine yourself and then maybe you can SAVE these "people". Good luck.

3] Again, I ain't Jesus.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:40:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

And where might you find a guy willing to knock up a double amputee with more diseases than that monkey in "Outbreak"?

Hey Dusty, time for another "perfect woman" thread...

SBG
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:43:50 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My guess is she was seriously abused or molested by previous
foster parents.
That usually causes the addictive, sexually active, self destructive behavior in some
young girls.

Yup. Most likely scenario.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Wow, I did some dumbass shit at 17-18 but nothing that fucked up the rest of my life.

Damn.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:49:28 AM EDT
[#15]
3 days before they look for the kid, wtf??? Definitely sounds like a fucked up family situation. In the adoptive home and previously. Stories lie this make my soul hurt, that our society lets those most in need of protection , mentoring, guidance and just plain t.l.c. , fall by the wayside As for those wellwishers who want to see her dead etc. just  remember  But for the Grace of god go I. Where all a chemical imbalance or fucked up situation away from doing some really f-ed up shit.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:52:34 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
not calling bs,

but assuming she passed out it would be difficult for her to have been in a position to block both femoral arteries completely to allow tissue necrosis to that extent in 72hrs. i'm sure it's possible but DAMN what a freak occurance.

It's called Crush Syndrome and occurs not from a lack of arterial supply, but primarily from a lack of venous return to the heart.  The stale, acidotic and waste laden blood is kept from moving out of the tissue.  A complex cascade of events follows that eventually results in cells bursting and releasing their contents into the tissue.  Do a google for crush syndrome and you'll see some pretty graphic images or tissue necrosis.  The other part of it is that if you lie in a single place for an extended period and then someone moves you--all that waste and acidotic blood moves back into circulation and death is imminent due to cardiac dysrhythmia.  I've seen it a few times and it's pretty awful.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:56:25 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
3 days before they look for the kid, wtf??? Definitely sounds like a fucked up family situation. In the adoptive home and previously. Stories lie this make my soul hurt, that our society lets those most in need of protection , mentoring, guidance and just plain t.l.c. , fall by the wayside As for those wellwishers who want to see her dead etc. just  remember  But for the Grace of god go I.

Where all a chemical imbalance or fucked up situation away from doing some really f-ed up shit.

No doubt there are plenty of emotionally disturbed right here on this site.
No doubt some of you have acted out in such a fashion or have family members who have.

Doesn't change the facts. These people spread their pathology like a plague and make some of the most messed up children you will ever see. Better if they die.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:04:36 AM EDT
[#18]
drjarhead,
You have my sympathy. We're talking about a kid here , not an adult who made these decisions . I hope you don't view the majority of the mentally ill in this light. Perhaps it's time to hang up the stethoscope and medicine bag and go on a search for your compassion.  And as for But for the Grace of God go I, it's pretty apparent we have a different view on this.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:18:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
drjarhead,
You have my sympathy.

I don't want your sympathy.

We're talking about a kid here , not an adult who made these decisions .

Couldn't give a shit less.

I hope you don't view the majority of the mentally ill in this light.

The majority?
Absolutely.

Perhaps it's time to hang up the stethoscope and medicine bag

I have. Gave it up 4 months ago.  Every year I did this I spent more time in little windowless rooms with obnoxious welfare losers, drug seekers and people trying to screw over their employers or others. Couldn't stand the sight of them anymore. I went into medicine to help the sick and injured and spent more and more time with degenerate scum every year. People like you have no idea.

and go on a search for your compassion.

I spend my compassion on those worthy of it, not every piece of human garbage with a whiny, hard luck story, demanding handouts, time off work and drugs.

And as for But for the Grace of God go I, it's pretty apparent we have a different view on this.

You bet. Not in a million years would I have ever done something like this. YMMV.

Fuck 'em. Better if they all died.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:26:25 AM EDT
[#20]
drjarhead,
I'll take  back my sympathy, just keep letting that hate burn you up if it makes you feel better.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:28:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Well, drjarhead, I have read all of your responces on this thread.  Believe it or not, I understand your attitude more than some folks.

As a young police officer, I saw the same things you report.  It tends to make you "cynical", to say the least.

Even Jesus corrected some folks that told him, "People are the way they are because of their environment."  Jesus said, "No, a person is the way they are because of what they are within themselves.  From inside, come all these problems."

But then we are faced with a problem.  What do we do with all these screwed-up people?  Do we do as Hitler suggested and just round them up and gas them?  I know that's not the answer.

To be honest with you, I don't know what the answer truly is.

As you know, you cannot help someone that does not want to be helped.  But the liberals tend to believe that it is the government's job to "Do Something".

What can we or the government DO?

I sometimes believe that if we do absolutely nothing, that might be the best solution.  Let actions have consequences.  Let pain teach.

It's a hard world.  It ought to be harder if you do stupid things.

Sorry I don't have a more uplifting answer.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:36:54 AM EDT
[#22]
drjarhead,
Be careful with that "people like you have no idea", when you don't know who your talking to.  I do indeed have an idea, I have been a Correction Officer, prefessional EMT, Nurse, and volunteer firefighter. 10 + years total in health care and I've ran into my share of skells, scumbags, and degenerates. I just try my hardest to not let them change me.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:41:40 AM EDT
[#23]
My God...that is horrible.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:44:10 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
...Life is a gift...

Judging from your public persona, you aren't making much of your "gift".

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:46:44 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
drjarhead,
Be careful with that people like you have no idea when you don't know who your talking to.  I do indeed have an idea, I have been a Correction Officer, prefessional EMT, Nurse, and volunteer firefighter. 10 + years total in health care and I've ran into my share of skells, scumbags, and degenerates. I just try my hardest to not let them change me.

I can spot these people a mile away. Dead serious, and I don't care. Had to bite my tongue and play their PC bullshit games for years. I don't have to anymore.

Not changed but I have a lot less love for humankind than I once did. Yeah, my soul has been damaged but I can't turn the clock back. I want no one's sympathy, just don't want to be around these people anymore.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:48:27 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
not calling bs,

but assuming she passed out it would be difficult for her to have been in a position to block both femoral arteries completely to allow tissue necrosis to that extent in 72hrs. i'm sure it's possible but DAMN what a freak occurance.

think of it like falling asleep on your arm or remember falling asleap in schools and waking up with a leg that fell asleep..

cut that same flo for 3 days and you will have a problem..

On the note of falling asleep in school.. funny story.  3 weeks into my senior year at HS (5 years ago) I fell asleep in study hall.  When I woke up I had fallen out of my desk and was looking at the ceiling.  The odd part was I couldn't feel my legs or move them.  After about 3 minutes of sitting on the floor I was able to start moving my legs but when I got up my foot hurt really bad.  Yeah.. I broke my foot.... falling out of a chair in study hall.. while asleep.   *FLEX*

And that was the only bone I ever broke lol
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:49:58 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...Life is a gift...

You are as incorrect about that as you are with your usual bullshit posts. But it is not about truth is it? Just about trying to find some obtuse manner in which to slam me.

As for me I have been happier in the past 4 months than I have in almost 2 decades.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:50:22 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
well bout two weeks ago there is a story bout a man gets a call about his son been killed in an accident on the highway, on the way to the accident scene he passes a brand new wreck and his second son has just died in that one too (two sons killed in auto accidents separate within a couple of hours).

Yep... saw that on the news.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
...Life is a gift...

You are as incorrect about that as you are with your usual bullshit posts. But it is not about truth is it? Just about trying to find some obtuse manner in which to slam me.

As for me I have been happier in the past 4 months than I have in almost 2 decades.

In that case, you're an "internet tough guy", because you couldn't speak to people face-to-face the way you do on this site without being unhappy. Unhappy with a broken nose.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:54:30 AM EDT
[#30]
It's seriously not funny.

But it's terrible.  
Edit-Dr. Jarhead, how can you hope that someone could kill or die? I wouldn't wish anything like that even on my worst enemies.  Not trying to start shit but I think that's an awful thing to say.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:56:13 AM EDT
[#31]
on the plus side she can still finish the job with her two good arms.  Now if she tried to kill herself and became quadraplegic, that would be real fucked up.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:10:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Sorry Ring.  This has got urban legend written all over it.  

I gotta call big time on this one... too many holes  

I checked Snopes but have not found it....yet.

1.  story from a buddy about his cousin  (they all start this way)

2.  girl not found for three days (gimmie a break)

3.  "shitload" of STDs not treated for years (she must have been uber nasty)

4.  takes a "fistfull" of sleeping pills and survives ( doubtful)

5.  she's adopted into a home with 3 or 4 other adopted siblings ( I think Child Services would've screened the parents well enough to know that they were capable enough... see number 2 above)
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:12:40 AM EDT
[#33]
What a waste.............
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:13:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Im gonna go out on a limb here and make a comparison to "The Suicider" and "DrJarhead"

You guys are pointing at DrJarhead directly for his choice in life, Then you are pointing at the surrounding circumstances that the Suicider made HER choice.

Anyone think that the surrounding circumstances of DrJarhead's career made him hardened to this specific situation? Suicide sucks and it is the ULTIMATE ACT of selfishness that ruins and destroys many lives, NOT just the person perpetuating the act.

It adversly affects:

1. The person who finds the Suicider
2. The cops that have to secure and report the crime scene
3. The family
4. the friends

NOW if the person does not succeed in the suicide attempt,

5. The doctors that have to fix the suicider

For 6 years I blamed myself for not seeing the signs of my best friends suicide. 6 FUCKING years! and it fucked me up real bad. So, YES DrJarhead may come across harsh but I could not imagine being in his shoes where you have to deal with this crap day in and day out.

I really do feel bad for this kid as I do with all people who commit or try to commit suicide. Because they dont see OPTIONS.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rationalize this:

1] I ain't Jesus

No shit?

2] He didn't have to stay awake nights with some of this human refuse with obnoxious families listening to their DEMANDS and watching them make a bad situation worse.

Nah...his life was a total cake-walk...where as yours is MUCH more difficult.

They are always looking for hospital volunteers. You can always go into nursing or medicine yourself and then maybe you can SAVE these "people". Good luck.

Thanks for the tip, but I'll arrive at my own conclusions as to how I'll spend my time, but thanks any way.

3] Again, I ain't Jesus.

*Please see response to 1st statement above.

Listen, I understand that "these" people you refer to have a LOT of nonredeemable qualities. My point was that if you subscribe to a religion attached to Jesus, your statements are in DIRECT contrast to those teachings.

Maybe you subscribe to another religion....one that freely accepts wishes of death on others?

Who knows? I'm an atheist....so the whole "spooky-man-in-the-sky" stuff doesn't involve me in the least.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:49:13 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
It's seriously not funny.

But it's terrible.  
Edit-Dr. Jarhead, how can you hope that someone could kill or die? I wouldn't wish anything like that even on my worst enemies.  Not trying to start shit but I think that's an awful thing to say.

No doubt.
I don't wish death on anyone, I simply state it would be better if they had. For them sometimes, for all the rest of us most times.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:52:35 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Im gonna go out on a limb here and make a comparison to "The Suicider" and "DrJarhead"

You guys are pointing at DrJarhead directly for his choice in life, Then you are pointing at the surrounding circumstances that the Suicider made HER choice.

Anyone think that the surrounding circumstances of DrJarhead's career made him hardened to this specific situation? Suicide sucks and it is the ULTIMATE ACT of selfishness that ruins and destroys many lives, NOT just the person perpetuating the act.

It adversly affects:

1. The person who finds the Suicider
2. The cops that have to secure and report the crime scene
3. The family
4. the friends

NOW if the person does not succeed in the suicide attempt,

5. The doctors that have to fix the suicider

For 6 years I blamed myself for not seeing the signs of my best friends suicide. 6 FUCKING years! and it fucked me up real bad. So, YES DrJarhead may come across harsh but I could not imagine being in his shoes where you have to deal with this crap day in and day out.

I really do feel bad for this kid as I do with all people who commit or try to commit suicide. Because they dont see OPTIONS.

I thank you also for the words of support.
I differ with the part where they "don't see options" because it assumes that these people are actually trying to kill themselves when it is ALMOST NEVER the case. People who really want to kill themselves do so. The rest are just attempts at getting their way, manipualting the system and others.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:53:22 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
LOL

I cannot possibly begin to tell you how sick of these loser scumbags I have become over the years and shit like this only restores my faith in a God.

Just curious - what kind of a doctor are you, and which god is it that you have restored faith in?

Apparently he was in the school that taught the Hypocritical Oath, not the Hippocratic one. Not hard to figure out that people who attempt suicide have some sort of mental health problem, since a normal mind tries to preserve life, not destroy it.

THE HYPOCRITIC OATH
by
DONNA LYPCHUK

I solemnly swear that I am a hypocrite, will always be a hypocrite and will expect others to be responsible for my hypocrisy for the rest of my life. I promise to support, continue and embellish the lies of other hypocrites and promise never to betray them or make them responsible for their own actions.

I promise I will always feel sorry for the starving little children I see on TV, while at the same time spending $1,600 a month on Betsey Johnson dresses or a Hugo Boss suit, concerts at Wonderland, a set of funky glassware pictured in Toronto Life, a new brass bed, sunglasses and the occasional trip to McDonald's.

I will brag at cocktail parties about what a big socialist I am at heart, yet when the fundraiser phones asking me to donate money to their cause I will pronounce in my snottiest tone: "I'm sorry, but we do not accept unsolicited telephone calls in this household," and rudely hang up.

I promise I will become a wounded healer, and use my own experience in conjunction with crystals, oils, herbs and ear candles to heal others and better the world... at $70 a visit.

I will preach the virtues of abstinence against the overuse of alcohol and drugs, yet I will happily fork out eight bucks to see Trainspotting and hundreds of dollars to buy numerous CDs whose artists are devoted to popularizing and festishizing the drug culture. I will preach the virtues of abstinence while swilling Bach Herbal Remedies and OD'ing on valerian and melatonin every night to get to sleep.

I will state to whoever will listen that I am proud to be a Canadian and support our burgeoning artistic culture, yet I will fork out another eight dollars to see Independence Day and faithfully repeat the negative reviews of Canadian artistic endeavors that I read in The Globe and Mail and The Toronto Star... I will spread the word.

I solemnly promise to be a Lover of Nature. I will tend to my garden as I tend to my soul, watering it relentlessly with precious natural resources all summer and spraying it with pesticides so that it is obvious to others in the neighborhood that my morally superior soul has been blessed from above with the biggest and most beautiful garden on the street.

I will complain about cigarette smoke, yet I will drive my car to work every day, wear chemical-laden expensive designer label perfume, work all day in an office with central air conditioning with screens that haven't been cleaned in years, attend a bonfire on the beach, cheer when the fireworks spread their smoke across the fire on Canada Day, vote for an expansion of the Toronto airport, burn sweetgrass smudges and incense to "purify" my environment, poison the air with the fumes from my dry-cleaned clothing and fart disgusting bubbles of methane all day long.

I will weep for the plight of the cute little panda bears and take my children to see them at the zoo and wear a little silver dolphin pin to show that I care for aquatic life, yet secretly I wish that starving, lost little kitten that's been screaming at my door every day would just go away and die before I have to spend my hard-earned money on a cab to take it to the Humane Society.

I will donate money to the less fortunate as long as they live in any other country but this one.

I will valiantly fight for the rights of all women everywhere, unless, of course, that woman is more attractive than me.

I will pontificate for hours about how O.J. Simpson is guilty, yet I will cordially greet the husband of the woman with the black eyes and bruises who lives down the street as if nothing happened.

I promise to feel sorry for the homeless and avoid them on the street to kindly spare them the humiliation of asking for a quarter.

I promise to be polite and courteous and open the door for others, especially when I want them to leave.

Finally, I promise to be fair, and to try to see all sides of every story, in case I am ever called upon to justify my own hypocrisy, which of course can always be explained away by the fact that everything in the universe is made up of Yin and Yang and the fact that opposites attract... and that appearances apparently are everything.

Hippocratic Oath -- Modern Version

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:

I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures which are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:53:36 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

2.  girl not found for three days (gimmie a break)Never found a body that's been in an apartment in august for 3 weeks with no a/c huh?

if you don't think this happens, your to naive to be a gun owner.

Happens all the time,  My rig has been puked in many time cause of it.

5.  she's adopted into a home with 3 or 4 other adopted siblings ( I think Child Services would've screened the parents well enough to know that they were capable enough... see number 2 above)

If you think that child services does anything but a happy dance about dumping another kid off you ARE to naive to be a gun owner.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:58:38 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
...Life is a gift...

In that case, you're an "internet tough guy", because you couldn't speak to people face-to-face the way you do on this site without being unhappy. Unhappy with a broken nose.  

Sounds like you're the one who fancies himself an internet tough guy. Bring it bitch.

I just call 'em like I see 'em and hopeless examples of human refuse may be able to manipulate the simple minded with a false sense of guilt. Not me. BTDT too many times.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
...Life is a gift...

Sounds like you're the one who fancies himself an internet tough guy. Bring it bitch.

I just call 'em like I see 'em and hopeless examples of human refuse may be able to manipulate the simple minded with a false sense of guilt. Not me. BTDT too many times.

Up until I read this, I could almost respect ya,  now I think your as full a shit as a septic tank and I'm calling B.S. on you being an M.D.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:03:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Yeah, so..... what was she charging for a BJ??
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:07:57 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
...Life is a gift...

Up until I read this, I could almost respect ya,  now I think your as full a shit as a septic tank and I'm calling B.S. on you being an M.D.

Okay, than I'm not. BFD.

As for the veracity of the story, I cannot speak to that except to say that I have seen enough of this kind of shit that I wouldn't doubt it happening.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:14:31 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

2.  girl not found for three days (gimmie a break)Never found a body that's been in an apartment in august for 3 weeks with no a/c huh?

if you don't think this happens, your to naive to be a gun owner.

Happens all the time,  My rig has been puked in many time cause of it.

If you think that child services does anything but a happy dance about dumping another kid off you ARE to naive to be a gun owner.

Sure.  Taken in parts it could be believeable.  As a whole package?... no way... calling me naive ain't gonna change my mind either.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:23:04 AM EDT
[#45]
threats and personal attacks. a few of you need to check your im box
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top