Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2005 12:14:52 PM EDT
I hope the writers of CSI Miami get their crap together. In more than one episode I've noticed the "registered gun" reference. Some dead person appears, some bad guy is investigated and they want to know where the "registered gun" is, or some other reference to the weapon.

Sheesh... CSI Miami takes place in Florida, not the PROK, handguns are not registered.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:15:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Why are you watching that shit?

Why does anyone watch that shit?

Why ias that stupid shit even on?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:17:46 PM EDT
[#2]
The only time I've watched CSI miami was when I wanted to laugh at how bad it was. Oh, and when tony hawk was a guest star, because I wanted to see him act.

That redheaded guy is the worst actor on TV. He even gives old bill shatner a run for his money.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I love the way he will tell a badguy, or some innocent "suspect" that they better not get on his bad side!!!  WTF??!!!  Yoda throws-down better than Detective Horatio Caine!!!

I've never seen Detective Horatio Caine involved in any fights. Shit, I ain't seen him do more than drive around in a Hummer H2, threaten somebody, and solve the case pretty much single handed!!

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:35:03 PM EDT
[#4]
That show is crap. Its even worse when real life police officers and detectives call crime labs under the assumption even a fraction of that show is real life.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:37:54 PM EDT
[#5]
If I'm ever victim of a crime, I hope I'm in Miami. They'll put 40 cops on a case and have shackles on the perp in 24 hours.

They have really f'ed-up weather in Miami, apparently. The men all wear dark jackets day and night, and the women all wear sleeveless tops and short skirts. Not that I'm complaining!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:45:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:57:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Careful talking about the Shat like that....

Yeah man really!!!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:11:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Careful talking about the Shat like that....

Danny Krane
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#9]
It just freakin kills me when there are like 40 freakin cops and CSI's on scene already and then you hear the obligatory siren of some new dude just pulling up to the scene still going code 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WTF?????????  If people did that in real life they would get a serious ass-chewing from all the folks already working on-scene.  It seriously jacks with your hearing having people pull that shit
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:46:34 PM EDT
[#10]
God I hate that show.  CSI New York is pretty bad too, but its like 5000% better than CSI Miami.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#11]
When are they going to stop with these shows? Does anyone recall a newstory about juries being less likely to convict because of these cop shows? They think there is always that perfect magical piece of evidence, because they always find it on CSI.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:53:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
When are they going to stop with these shows? Does anyone recall a newstory about juries being less likely to convict because of these cop shows? They think there is always that perfect magical piece of evidence, because they always find it on CSI.

both those show suck, add in law and order, its kinda like theres cops writting the episodes to promote bad info to the easily impressed public so that if/when one of them gets involved in a situation they blab out a vouluntary statement before asking for an attorney.

MLW>"<

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:53:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I love how they pry bullets out of the wall with a screwdriver or a knife blade.  I'm sure the ballistics techs just love that shit.   Round here, that'll get you fired.

FB
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
When are they going to stop with these shows? Does anyone recall a newstory about juries being less likely to convict because of these cop shows? They think there is always that perfect magical piece of evidence, because they always find it on CSI.[/quote]

everytime but once.....uh  sorry, don't remember if it was CSI Vegas, Mia or NY:(    and yes I watch every episode they ARE three of the top ten prime time shows running. [flame suit on]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:58:53 PM EDT
[#15]
You see the RPG episode?
Terrible - everyone who fired an RPG wound up with a black eye and that is how they found them.
Know what was even more precious?
The people shooting the RPGs were all anti-illegal immigration folks.
Oi.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:02:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I love how they pry bullets out of the wall with a screwdriver or a knife blade.  I'm sure the ballistics techs just love that shit.   Round here, that'll get you fired.

FB

I love how the bullets are almost always undamaged

I also love how every time somebody is drawn down on and they flinch you will [always] here a hammer cock or bolt slide
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:06:13 PM EDT
[#17]
It's just a TV show guys it's not real life...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:07:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Plenty of people think its real.

Its on CSI, CSI is on TV.  It HAS to be true.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:07:19 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FB

I love how the bullets are almost always undamaged

I like how the pistol bullets are almost always lead, and that the jacketed ones are always blown to bits.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Plenty of people think its real.

Its on CSI, CSI is on TV.  It HAS to be true.

shit.  there's more sheeple that watch TV than I thought...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:13:49 PM EDT
[#21]
My handguns are registered.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:19:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Uh, in case it hasn't been quoted lately;

"CSI does for the forensic sciences,
What "The Flintstones" did for anthropology."
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:39:17 PM EDT
[#23]
It's TV...... n'ff  said....
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:47:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
You see the RPG episode?
Terrible - everyone who fired an RPG wound up with a black eye and that is how they found them.
Oi.

That's the only episode I watched and I was screaming at the tv about their stupidity.

1) RPG's don't recoil that way; in fact, they barely recoil at all! Simple physics, people!

2) The guy launching an RPG from his car was precious. Nice going dumbass, you just flash-fried yourself, the interior of your car, and blew out the windows to boot. Oh wait, no you didn't- they don't pay attention to simple physics on CSI Miami.

3) Oh wow, nice political statement you fricking commie pro-illegal immigration bastards.

Makes me wanna smuggle in an RPG myself just to launch it at the producers.

I watch the original CSI when I'm in the mood, but the others I ignore. Miami just pisses me off, seriously.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:53:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Just a side bar:

The jack ass cop who arrested me in Austin Texas when i was going home from the Hun Farm asked me if my guns were registered.

Ben, the(TruthIsSadderThanFicton)Emu
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:00:00 PM EDT
[#26]
I tried watching that show from the start but they lost me on the very first episode.......a plane crash in the swamps(Jet Blue style) and the CSI team starts hauling ass out there in their brand new H2.......then they get there and they do all the investigating, NTSB NEVER shows up...........
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:02:30 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You see the RPG episode?
Oi.

That's the only episode I watched and I was screaming at the tv about their stupidity.

1) RPG's don't recoil that way; in fact, they barely recoil at all! Simple physics, people!

2) The guy launching an RPG from his car was precious. Nice going dumbass, you just flash-fried yourself, the interior of your car, and blew out the windows to boot. Oh wait, no you didn't- they don't pay attention to simple physics on CSI Miami.

3) Oh wow, nice political statement you fricking commie pro-illegal immigration bastards.

Makes me wanna smuggle in an RPG myself just to launch it at the producers.

I watch the original CSI when I'm in the mood, but the others I ignore. Miami just pisses me off, seriously.

Tell me about it man.
Fuckin' retarted.
Then they ripped on the one detective for complaining that the store keeper didn't speak english.
The CSI guy says "Oh yea? Well why don't you try learning spanish" or something to that effect.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:08:00 PM EDT
[#28]
I like how all the labs they work in are really dark and have glass walls and chrome railings everywhere.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:34:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I like how all the labs they work in are really dark and have glass walls and chrome railings everywhere.

Don't forget the nice budget they have to buy all the nice gear.  They even do all of their testing in house.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:53:45 AM EDT
[#30]
That ME annoys the hell out of me most of the time.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:58:09 AM EDT
[#31]
The only reason I ever watched CSI Miami was to see Sofia Milos.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:16:32 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Just a side bar:

The jack ass cop who arrested me in Austin Texas when i was going home from the Hun Farm asked me if my guns were registered.

Ben, the(TruthIsSadderThanFicton)Emu

Okay, I'll bite. What's the story?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:27:23 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Uh, in case it hasn't been quoted lately;

"CSI does for the forensic sciences,
What "The Flintstones" did for anthropology."

That's a great one!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:21:00 PM EDT
[#34]
The original CSI is tolerable because at least Grissom acts like a scientist that he is suppose to, instead of cops like the other twos.  Somebody should remind the ginger kid he's not in NYPD Blue anymore.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:21:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:29:05 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

BACKBLAST AREA CLEAR!

IMHO, it would be nice if the folks putting a weapon system on TV actually bothered to pay attention to what they were doing....

The dumb thing is that there are plenty of other 'ways' they could have worked the !#%!# rocketlauncher angle into said TV show (have someone get fried for standing behind the damn thing, or whatever...

But RECOIL?  Scope Eye???

Somehow I think that show was orignally written for a .50BMG, not a RPG...
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:30:05 PM EDT
[#37]
As for gun registration, most people ASSUME that guns are supposed to be 'registered'

My dad was suprised when I told him there was no firearm registration in Wisconsin...
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:43:48 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't forget the nice budget they have to buy all the nice gear.  They even do all of their testing in house.

peeked in our "lab"...small office converted into the "CSI" lab....couple of outdated leftover tools and a old fishtank to smoke the fingerprints...there is not one PC in the lab.  

That shows glass and chrome cost more than all the "equipment" we have

dont forget that ANY video camera can be zoomed and "cleaned up" to a factor of 10,000 times.  so that grainy video from the store can be zoomed in, across the street, reflected off a window, and their computer extrapolates the perp which is reversed in the reflection but the computer rebuilds his face and looks for a match in some non-existant master databaes and will give them his current address.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:57:35 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

peeked in our "lab"...small office converted into the "CSI" lab....couple of outdated leftover tools and a old fishtank to smoke the fingerprints...there is not one PC in the lab.  

That shows glass and chrome cost more than all the "equipment" we have

dont forget that ANY video camera can be zoomed and "cleaned up" to a factor of 10,000 times.  so that grainy video from the store can be zoomed in, across the street, reflected off a window, and their computer extrapolates the perp which is reversed in the reflection but the computer rebuilds his face and looks for a match in some non-existant master databaes and will give them his current address.

Yeah, that's always the biggest thing that kills me about these detective shows. They always have some digital photograph that isn't quite clear enough, so the lead detective says,"Enhance that."

Then the monkey boy on the PC looks at him like,"Gee! I never thought of doing that before,"And some how magically creates a perfect picture of the face out of data that doesn't even exist.

Not to mention all the beeps and noises that the computers always make when they are enhancing images. Good thing those CSI's have that nice speaker system hooked up to their PC's! Otherwise they wouldn't get to hear all those fancy beeps that let them know that the computer is doing something!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:57:54 PM EDT
[#40]
I like how it seems that half of the few epi.'s I've seen have that annoying Horatio guy getting in a gun fight and killing someone.  I don't know about you but I thought most COPS go through their carrer without killing someone, and he is a frickin crime scene investigator, not uber tactical swat team leader!!

The original CSI is OK, but I don't watch that much anymore. I saw the one with the rolling gun battle earlier this season. I had to laugh when the black guy says after the guy with the stupid mustache test fires an AK "I got overfiring AKs a long time ago"  I also noticed that the detective(Brass is his name, i think) loads up his 9mm Sig P228 with FMJ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top