Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2005 9:11:01 AM EDT
Ive seen alot of firearms made by Norinco that are alot cheaper than the originals.....is it a dumb move to buy a Norinco copy.....do they make good clones?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:12:51 AM EDT
[#1]
No.. actually there electric shavers are top notch!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:13:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Most of there guns are pretty damn good for the money.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#3]
the 1911's are ok, the aks kick ass!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:14:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Their 1911 was an awesome buy for the money...even at its ban prices, it is still a good deal...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:15:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Right now im looking at their Shotguns....mainly the SAS-12.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:15:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
...the aks kick ass!

The best way I could put it is... take 100 of them, take them all apart, mix up all the parts, and put them all together, and you'll get a few that woun't work... They have a little quality control and consistency issues...

Each rifle may work as an individual, but they really aren't quite right...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:16:56 AM EDT
[#7]
My Rinco 1911 clone ($200) has been aabsolutely flawless.  It has chewed up and spit out anything I have feed it with reliabilty and accuracy.    If you find one for sale in the states it has LONG been paid for and the Chinese gubermint isnt getting a penny that you pay for it.    

My Rinco is my carry gun and I leave the SA & Colts at home.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:17:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...the aks kick ass!

The best way I could put it is... take 100 of them, take them all apart, mix up all the parts, and put them all together, and you'll get a few that woun't work... They have a little quality control and consistency issues...

Dude do the same with some remingtons and you will get the same thing!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:18:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...the aks kick ass!

but they are AK's so its all good!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:18:53 AM EDT
[#10]
I do like the Mak90s!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:19:09 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought a Norinco 4th generation Winchester 1897 replica shotgun. The blueing was perfect, the wood was walnut and I have had zero problems with it.

I would buy another.

I have four of the Norinco 1911's. Price range from $250 to $450. I have had zero problems with all of them.

I bought all of them used from a local dealer, so all of this "supporting China" stuff does not apply.

I like them and would consider buying more.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:26:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
...the aks kick ass!

Dude do the same with some remingtons and you will get the same thing!

I know what you're trying to say... but Remington is in the same boat, as well!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:27:18 AM EDT
[#13]
So if I buy one of their shotguns I should be okay....they wont explode or anything after a few rounds?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:43:19 AM EDT
[#14]
My Dad's Rinco I inherited:

And after I got it back from EGW:

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:51:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
So if I buy one of their shotguns I should be okay....they wont explode or anything after a few rounds?

No, actually they should hold up real well.

However, if you break a part, you may be screwed, unless it is an exact replica of an original.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:55:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

No.. actually there electric shavers are top notch!

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:59:01 AM EDT
[#17]
I hear their M1A clones aren't bad either.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:17:29 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

But there damn expensive:
http://www.marstar.ca/gf-norinco/M-14S.shtm

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:33:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Stupid?  As NORINCO are one of several exporters to Iran (they export more than simple firearms ), I would have nothing to do with them.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:09:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Stupid?  As NORINCO are one of several exporters to Iran (they export more than simple firearms ), I would have nothing to do with them.

I believe they are the ones we bought for the Iraqi army, too.

They are the best price/quaity AK pattern rifles you can get a million of on short notice.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:12:44 PM EDT
[#21]
My M1A and 1911 were great guns. I still use the M1A for Elk hunting.

I sold the 1911, wish I still had it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:20:34 PM EDT
[#22]
i snagged one of their trench guns last year. thing works like a charm.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:25:55 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Norinco AKs are pretty bottom feeder, it is the Polytechs that are the shit.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=35437

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=35440

There is just something wrong with a Commie 1911.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:27:47 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

POLY TECH, not Norinco.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:29:23 PM EDT
[#26]
I have a Norinco 1911 that is by far the most accurate of that kind of 45 I've ever shot...and I got it dirt cheap. Isn't going to win a beauty contest but to me it's got that classic used 45 look and I love it.

Also bought the Norinco NDM-86 which is a damn fine rifle and the quality is outstanding. The finish isn't so hot, but it performs where it counts, is finely machined and all fits together very well.

Personally I wouldn't hesitate to buy Norinco if I saw something I liked, naturally depending on price.

Z
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:01:40 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

POLY TECH, not Norinco.

It is my understanding that Norinco OWNS Poly Tech.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:24:24 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

POLY TECH, not Norinco.

I don't know. But there is a distinct difference between the quality of the two.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:32:20 PM EDT
[#29]

IIRC, I think it's the other way around. PolyTech (or Polysomething Technologies) is like a chinese military conglomerate, and Norinco is one of the companies it manages.

FWIW, the chinese M14's are pretty good, but IMO nowhere close to American standards. There have been stories in the past about soft receivers, etc., and they mostly turned out to not be true, but there were other problems with some of them; mostly softe or out-of-spec components or headspace issues (and most of those could be fixed by installing a USGI bolt). There was a SOF sponsored shootout between the Springfield and PolyTech, and the Springfield won hands down. I'll have to hunt around to see if I can find the link.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:37:10 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

IIRC, I think it's the other way around. PolyTech (or Polysomething Technologies) is like a chinese military conglomerate, and Norinco is one of the companies it manages.

FWIW, the chinese M14's are pretty good, but IMO nowhere close to American standards. There have been stories in the past about soft receivers, etc., and they mostly turned out to not be true, but there were other problems with some of them; mostly softe or out-of-spec components or headspace issues (and most of those could be fixed by installing a USGI bolt). There was a SOF sponsored shootout between the Springfield and PolyTech, and the Springfield won hands down. I'll have to hunt around to see if I can find the link.

That's all well and good that the Springfield won hands down.  But, the Springfield costs over thousand bucks, you can get a PT M1A for 400 bucks if you look hard.  Is the Springfield really 600 dollars better than the PT?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's all well and good that the Springfield won hands down.  But, the Springfield costs over thousand bucks, you can get a PT M1A for 400 bucks if you look hard.  Is the Springfield really 600 dollars better than the PT?

I guess it depends what you want. Springfield has ( if nothing else was there to hold it above the chinese M14)  a good warranty.  Nothing wrong with the PT's. But, yes Springfield is definitely better, IMO.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:33:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Their uzi copy was top notch.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:36:43 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

We sold weapons to Iran. Before and after their "Islamic revolution". What do you think the whole "Iran - Contra" scandal was about?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

+1!

[buh-weet]Ah own one, ah wub it- it's o-tay!![/buh-weet]

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:45:19 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Say what? I got a pre-922r AK Norinco underfolder that is very nicely done, very nice workmanship, and is like a Zippo lighter- never fails to work. (Wish I could say that about my AR....)

OTOH, I've seen some Rumanian AKs that are utter trash, with gouged out mag wells IO to accept hi-caps, crooked sights, slapped on paint, three different color stock/guard woods, etc.. People snap them up like they are going out of style, esp. the WASR-10, which 2 years ago was roundly laughed at. Now dealers can't keep them in stock.

Maadis aren't exactly beautiful either.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:07:52 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Say what? I got a pre-922r AK Norinco underfolder that is very nicely done, very nice workmanship, and is like a Zippo lighter- never fails to work. (Wish I could say that about my AR....)

OTOH, I've seen some Rumanian AKs that are utter trash, with gouged out mag wells IO to accept hi-caps, crooked sights, slapped on paint, three different color stock/guard woods, etc.. People snap them up like they are going out of style, esp. the WASR-10, which 2 years ago was roundly laughed at. Now dealers can't keep them in stock.

Maadis aren't exactly beautiful either.

The Norinco AKs are much better than many of the other AKs that were imported later but the Poly-Techs are nicer. I've never had any problems with the Norinco Guns I have, an RPK, Downfolding 223 and a '97 Trench Gun. I'd buy another if the price was right.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:10:50 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Ive seen alot of firearms made by Norinco that are alot cheaper than the originals.....is it a dumb move to buy a Norinco copy.....do they make good clones?

Which copy? The 1911 is a fantastic version of the original. The SKS shoots everything put in it accurately ( 2-3 in.@ 100 yds) as does the AK. I've heard nothing but good things about the copy of the Winchester mdl 97 shotgun . I think it was the 97. You could do worse than a Norinco.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:14:56 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=35437

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=35440

Damn, they did good work!  Nice looking...for a Commie gun.      If it shoots well, I'd take that Rinco!  Heck, it's a 1911.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:50:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Actually Rinko was about the only company that made the 1911 extractor out of SPRING steel as JMB originally designed it. The rest either use tool steel or MIM. Go figure. They were actually very decent low priced copies and the steel was excellent.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:17:47 PM EDT
[#40]
My stock Norinco 1911 outshot my custom P-16 hands down.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:27:20 PM EDT
[#41]
One of the best 1911A1's I've owned.

Just back from the plater this week.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:34:19 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess it depends what you want. Springfield has ( if nothing else was there to hold it above the chinese M14)  a good warranty.  Nothing wrong with the PT's. But, yes Springfield is definitely better, IMO.

I've heard some complaints about the Springfield M1As as well, so I dunno.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:06:26 AM EDT
[#43]
man, my norchinko m1911a1 was the only .45 pistol that didn't chew up the web of my hand right out of the box! great gun, wasn't it built to original mil specs?

had their ak, flawless operation and build, tough as a tank. and their m1897 is beautiful.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:12:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Their 1911's are excellent.
There was even an article in one of the magazines talking about how the 1911 made a solid platform to build a customized gun on.  I have a blued one, would love to have a couple more but they aren't easy to find anymore.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:22:32 AM EDT
[#45]
I'm picking up my 'Rinco Olympia copy (copy of walther olympia .22 target pistol) today hopefully... looks fine, we'll see how she holds up!

T
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:05:52 AM EDT
[#46]
man! marstar in canada has the norinco m-14 for $399 and the norinco m1911a1 for $325 but they can't sell them here right now cuz we're temporarily banning norinco arms cuz of their sales to iran!!!

road trip, anyone???
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:03:16 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
man! marstar in canada has the norinco m-14 for $399 and the norinco m1911a1 for $325 but they can't sell them here right now cuz we're temporarily banning norinco arms cuz of their sales to iran!!!

road trip, anyone???

...and the Canadian dollar costs less than 86 cents.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:09:48 AM EDT
[#48]
hey, just a hypothetical legal question since i don't know any canucks...would a strawman purchase in canada have any repercussions here?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:31:35 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

+1 I like my MAK90.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top