Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2005 8:02:47 PM EDT
After reading the hot wing thread, it reminded me of an experience a few years back.  I was in Seattle, and some co-workers took me to a BBQ joint.  I don't remember the name of it, but the guy's nickname was "The Man".  This was absolutely the hottest sauce that I have had (to date) in a restaurant.

Can any of our WA state brothers tell me what the name of this place is?  I was led to believe that this place was famous for their BBQ and the sauce.

What's the hottest sauce that you've had at a restaurant?  (No name-brand bottled sauces, please)

ETA: we had to ask for this sauce, it apparently isn't served to the general public.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:09:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I went to this steakhouse that had a home-made habanero sauce before. I covered my ribs and fries in that shit and it was so fucking good
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:10:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I like Taco Bells' fire sauce.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:11:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Never had any hot ones at a place.  Local place has kickass BBQ sauce though
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:20:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Dude, real hot sauce can't be contained in a plastic packet!  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:21:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, real hot sauce can't be contained in a plastic packet!  

I want what Chuck Norris is having on his tacos.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:48:57 PM EDT
[#6]
i had dave's insanity sauce and some stuff called spontaneous combustion at a firehouse subs restaurant. Both pretty rough

Willis
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:23:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't quite know what you mean by "no name brand bottled sauces" but the hottest I've ever had was when I just HAD to try the Endorphin Rush...yeah they sell it in bottles also but it was in a pump-dispenser at the hot bar so what the hell I wanted to try it out.

Honestly that shit really ruined my meal for me.

I used it about halfway through the burrito and that was pretty much it for a pleasant dining experience.

The full-blown sweating/nose-running/burning mouth experience. Nothing you can do at that point but just wait it out. I really don't recommend trying it, it really doesn't add anything to the meal.

In fact I think one of the ingredients was Chuck Norris' sweat but I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:26:03 PM EDT
[#8]
There's a pizza place out in the woods around here that has an atomic sauce for their wings.

It's the hottest sauce I've ever experienced, bar none.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:28:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i had dave's insanity sauce and some stuff called spontaneous combustion at a firehouse subs restaurant. Both pretty rough

Willis

Dave's Insanity, and there's another Dave's that's even hotter.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Not the hottest but damn good IMHO, double dipped Blazin wings at Buffalo Wildwings.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:54:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Willis

Dave's Insanity, and there's another Dave's that's even hotter.

Daves ultimate insanity. a friend of mine that was born and raised in mexico challenged me to a hot sauce eating contest. we got a bottle of daves ultimate insanity and went at it, bite by bite. i had eaten it before and knew how to consume it he most efficient way without burning your mouth up( just have to swallow it as fast as possible-keeping it in your mouth the least amount of time possible). well, he saw that i wasnt backing down, and this guy had an ego. he took about 2 tablespoons at one time, and i then realized that he wouldnt ever give in. i told him he won, and then went straight to the bathroom and puked, like i did the first time i ate it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:08:11 PM EDT
[#12]
The problem with too many hot sauces is, they simply don't taste any good.

When you ask about flavor, they tell you that it's hot, HOT, HOT

When you again ask about how it TASTES, they go on some more about how hot it is.
Some popular hot sauces ARE hot, but taste like shit.

For me, the best combination of hot and tasty is good old Tabasco sauce.
There are hotter sauces, but few that taste better, which is why Tabasco is THE most popular restaurant hot sauce.

I often use it on meats instead of pepper during preparation, just for the flavor.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:10:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:11:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The problem with too many hot sauces is, they simply don't taste any good.

When you ask about flavor, they tell you that it's hot, HOT, HOT

When you again ask about how it TASTES, they go on some more about how hot it is.
Some popular hot sauces ARE hot, but taste like shit.

For me, the best combination of hot and tasty is good old Tabasco sauce.
There are hotter sauces, but few that taste better, which is why Tabasco is THE most popular restaurant hot sauce.

I often use it on meats instead of pepper during preparation, just for the flavor.

+1 for tobasco, and one vote for Texas Pete too.  When I want HOT, I grab a habanero and split it with my teeth and chew some seeds, chase with milk before I die.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:25:40 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Dixies Barbque. Owned by the Porter family. 116th and Northup Way Bellevue, Wa.

Pulled pork sammich and lemon cake 8$. I love that place.

eta: The Man is the name of the sauce not the guy.

That's it.  Thanks, it was driving me crazy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top