Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2005 1:44:29 PM EDT
I'm organizing a fundraiser for my vol. fire co.   MANY houses in our coverage area do not have house numbers posted on either thier house or mailbox.  Most that do are not visible.  We did this about 15 years ago but the members that organized it are long gone and I need some sources.  What we're looking to do is offer 3M reflective #'s on a white or green backplate to put on mailbox posts and houses.  We'd like to offer them in vertical and horizontal configurations.  The easiest way to do this would be to get number kits and the plates and number them ourselves.  Has anyone done this before and who would be the best person/organization to contact about getting supplies and a possible discount?  Thanks for any help and the Loretto Community Vol. Fire Co. thanks you!  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Loretto Community Vol. Fire Co.

Please IM or Email me directly.  Thanks again!

CMS
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:28:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i was involved with many of these over the years.

the best thing we came up with was a black backgound and 3m reflective paint on the curb in front of the house.

they would last about 2 years if put in a low wear area so it gives you a yearly fund raiser. they also tended to be usable longer as numbers peel off due to weather, plaques were stolen or removed for various reasons. the paint had to be physically removed and required some effort to remove it.

we used a 3m commercial spray paint with a box template for the background and regular stencil 3" numbers. One year we even offered a choice of background colors to match the houses. <green,orange,red,blue etc>

it always went over fairly well

Sounds like it would work well but no curbs around here.  We're pretty rural and most of our area is state 2 lane roads and township roads.  We're not looking to make alot of money as much as just making it easier for fire and EMS to find residences.  Some members that don't know the area as well as some of us do have had to resort to knocking on peoples door to ask what their house # is.  It's pretty bad.  Thanks for the help though Beerslayer!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:38:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top