Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/25/2005 9:05:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/26/2005 9:29:44 PM EDT by Peak_Oil]
It was waaaaaay too long and internally incoherent. Total crap. I would have walked out 45 minutes in if my girl hadn't said she was enjoying herself. It had its moments, yes indeed. Few and far between, but very nice.

The wrestling scene with the t-rexes was pretty painful as was the scene with the bugs. Notice their attitude about guns.

The end with the gorilla and the ice was a cool couple of minutes but that's about it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:06:21 PM EDT
Worse than Torque?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:09:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Peak_Oil:
It was waaaaaay too long and internally incoherent. Total crap. I would have walked out 45 minutes in if my girl hadn't said she was enjoying herself. It had its moments, yes indeed. Few and far between, but very nice.

The wrestling scene with the t-rexes was pretty painful as was the scene with the bugs. Notice their attitude about guns.

The end with the gorilla and the ice was a cool couple of minutes but that's about it.

I think Roger Ebert's job is safe.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:10:26 PM EDT
In other news, people have no taste.

Worse than Torque?

Or Freddy Got Fingered?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:10:34 PM EDT
Was this movie more up your alley?

www.imdb.com/title/tt0319262/
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:19:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By raven:

Global warming is going to hit . . . two days BEFORE the day after tomorrow!

Oh . . . my . . . god! That's today!
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:31:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Greenhorn:

I broke the dam

"All Jews carry gold in a little bag around their necks! Hand it over!"
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:09:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/26/2005 8:09:36 AM EDT by Max_Mike]

Originally Posted By adair_usmc:

I broke the dam

Hand over the Jew Gold, Kyle Kong!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:23:22 AM EDT
People who go see a critically-acclaimed and popular movie and pronounce "this is the worst movie I've ever seen" obviously don't see enough movies. For instance, I hated Titanic, but it wasn't the worst movie I'd ever seen...not by a fucking longshot. I have seen Mixed Nuts; Manos, the Hands of Fate; Crime Zone; Hear No Evil; Aliens 3; Highlander 2; and Batman and Robin. I have seen attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion...
Oops, that's another story.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:29:33 AM EDT
Did you really think you were going to be thrilled by the movie before you even bought your ticket???
The title KING KONG makes think???

I stopped going to these all CG crap movies along time ago...
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:36:09 AM EDT

King Kong was maybe the worst movie I've ever seen.

Worse than Napoleon Dynamite?

I suppose they figured the freak that did the "Lord of the Rings", could do no wrong..........

Wrong!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:41:17 AM EDT
It sucked but far from the worst. We saw it Saturday night.

I liked the new twists that deviated fromt he old plot, good thinking. Dinosaurs?? Just as plausable as a giant ape I guess.

Its been years since I saw the original, but he seemed smaller in this one, to scale, than I remembered.

And she liked it.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:42:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Max_Mike:

Originally Posted By adair_usmc:

I broke the dam

Hand over the Jew Gold, Kyle Kong!

WE DIDN'T LISTEN!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:48:33 AM EDT

It was very long. The theater I went to was very hot. I was very bored. Anyone else notice how the kid threw away his Thompson in disgust after he used it to save a guys from bugs? POS.

I thought the natives were pretty cool. I thought with another couple of days that's what the urban zombies in NOLA would have turned into.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:54:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/26/2005 8:57:25 AM EDT by sam1963]
Maybe you should go see. www.brokebackmountain.com/splash.html
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:58:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By sam1963:
Maybe you should go see. www.brokebackmountain.com/splash.html

He might peak...
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:10:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CavVet:

I liked the new twists that deviated fromt he old plot, good thinking. Dinosaurs?? Just as plausable as a giant ape I guess.

Its been years since I saw the original, but he seemed smaller in this one, to scale, than I remembered.

And she liked it.

Actually, there WERE dinosaurs in the original (1933) movie (including a carnivorous apatosaurus, at that, which is like showing a cow eating somebody). Also, in the original (1933), he appears to be about 25 ft tall, even though he was advertised/described as being 50 ft tall.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:12:50 AM EDT
I wouldnt say the movie was bad, just WAY to long.

He could have easilyd one the story in half the time. As one critic said, the director seems to have fell in love with drama and CGI animals.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:27:00 AM EDT
apatosaurus? hmm.....would it be better if they had an ultrasaurus?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:29:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CavVet:

And she liked it.

Um...there WERE dinosaurs in the original. BOth the humans and King Kong battled with dinosaurs, though it wasn't quite as drawn out as the new movie made it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:38:55 AM EDT
The worst movie ever would be Tango and Cash

(I mean with at least marginal production values, and was meant to be a ligit movie.)
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:42:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/26/2005 11:43:07 AM EDT by sirensong]

...For instance, I hated Titanic, but it wasn't the worst movie I'd ever seen...not by a fucking longshot.

perhaps, but if there was a hollywood award for "worst dialogue in a major motion picture", titanic would most certainly get at least a nomination.

1 decent line in the entire movie...

dicaprio (treading water): " i don't know about you, but i intend to write a strongly worded letter to the white star lines about this."
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:46:31 AM EDT

Notice their attitude about guns.

Some of you guys are just too nutty. What attitude about guns?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:01:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RikWriter:
People who go see a critically-acclaimed and popular movie and pronounce "this is the worst movie I've ever seen" obviously don't see enough movies. For instance, I hated Titanic, but it wasn't the worst movie I'd ever seen...not by a fucking longshot. I have seen Mixed Nuts; Manos, the Hands of Fate; Crime Zone; Hear No Evil; Aliens 3; Highlander 2; and Batman and Robin. I have seen attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion...

Take back what you said about manos.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:12:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/26/2005 12:12:55 PM EDT by Max_Mike]

Originally Posted By guardian855:

Peak-Oil nutty... pray tell not.

Originally Posted By 1911ar-15:

Actually, there WERE dinosaurs in the original (1933) movie (including a carnivorous apatosaurus, at that, which is like showing a cow eating somebody). Also, in the original (1933), he appears to be about 25 ft tall, even though he was advertised/described as being 50 ft tall.

And the spider pit sequence was in the 1933 original, was cut and then lost, Jackson put it back in.

Jackson seems to suffer from much of the problem George Lucas does… special effects can only take bad dialogue so far.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:18:55 PM EDT
It has jack black in it, he is like george clooney, ruins any movie
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:37:43 PM EDT

I thought it was one of the better movies to come out lately.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:38:43 PM EDT

+1
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:39:53 PM EDT

After the kid shot the bugs off one of the other characters, he looked down at the tommy gun in his hands and threw it down with a disgusted look on his face. It was a really weird scene, didn't seem to make sense 'cause the kid was a pretty damn good shot and wasn't about to let go of the rifle earlier. I dunno, I just got a weird vibe.

That movie sucked, no doubt about it. Its few redeeming qualities were buried in nonsense and at least two hours of back story that should have been relegated to the Director's Cut DVD.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:39:54 PM EDT
I liked it. Jack Black was good up until his character became the "bad" guy.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:17:42 PM EDT

After the kid shot the bugs off one of the other characters, he looked down at the tommy gun in his hands and threw it down with a disgusted look on his face. It was a really weird scene, didn't seem to make sense 'cause the kid was a pretty damn good shot and wasn't about to let go of the rifle earlier. I dunno, I just got a weird vibe.

That movie sucked, no doubt about it. Its few redeeming qualities were buried in nonsense and at least two hours of back story that should have been relegated to the Director's Cut DVD.

The kid was freaked out following the attack, he didn't hate guns. Sheesh.

Your review sucked.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:18:36 PM EDT

OMG stop reading so much into it. The gun was out of ammo, maybe he was disgusted there were no more rounds in it?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:06:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Goonboss:
The worst movie ever would be Tango and Cash

No fricken way, Tango and Cash was an Academy Award winning movie (when put up against Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man).
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:19:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DixieKnight:
It was very long. The theater I went to was very hot. I was very bored. Anyone else notice how the kid threw away his Thompson in disgust after he used it to save a guys from bugs? POS.

I thought the natives were pretty cool. I thought with another couple of days that's what the urban zombies in NOLA would have turned into.

He was out of ammo, what was he going to do with it? I think he was disgusted over the bugs, not the gun.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:35:49 PM EDT
Tag.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:12:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Taxman:

Horseshit. High Fidelity was excellent.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:27:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/26/2005 5:29:23 PM EDT by www-glock19-com]

Aliens 3; .

that would be about the worst movie ( that had stars and a budget) I have seen
Tango and Cash was a ton better than that turd
harley davidson and the marlboro man was better than tango and cash
(loads casull).....$2 $4 $6 $10 ,..... (slaps mag in beretta) $2.50!!!

oh and by the way MOVIE FORUM
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:48:07 PM EDT

Jack Black was CLASSIC in "The Jackal."
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:48:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SteyrAUG:

Well he died that was diffrent and funny
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:49:40 PM EDT

And he and KG were the best thing about the movie "Biodome"
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:51:07 PM EDT
I enjoyed Torque and King Kong. I don't go to movies expecting too have a life changing experience, maybe I should, but I don't

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:00:55 PM EDT

Bullshit...he was great in "Brother Where Art Thou."
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:26:32 PM EDT

Your review sucked.

Oh damned. Good thing he didn't go into your thread and say the same thing because he happened to disagree with you.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:29:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Epsilon:

Bullshit...he was great in "Brother Where Art Thou."

And in "South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut"

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:36:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:36:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Stealth:

Your review sucked.

Oh damned. Good thing he didn't go into your thread and say the same thing because he happened to disagree with you.

But he was wrong about everything...

Hell he LIKED the asskating scene...

"The end with the gorilla and the ice was a cool couple of minutes but that's about it."

It was the ONLY thing he liked and it was the worst part of the movie.

I mean c'mon.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:47:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dace:

OMG stop reading so much into it. The gun was out of ammo, maybe he was disgusted there were no more rounds in it?

He was disgusted by the legislation that kept him from using a gattling gun instead?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:52:42 PM EDT
R. Lee Ermy kissed Jack Black on the lips.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:00:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/26/2005 9:14:40 PM EDT by Peak_Oil]

Your review sucked.

"The end with the gorilla and the ice was a cool couple of minutes but that's about it."

I mean c'mon.

Bull shit.

The worst scene in the movie was the stampeding dinosaurs with the people running under the bellies of the dinosaurs for what, ten fucking minutes? Get outta here. Everybody would have been pounded into ground peoplebeef within ten seconds, and that scene dragged out so long I ended up laughing out loud at how ridiculous it was. Oh, and the raptors were more interested in the 185lb people than the five ton dinosaurs and were willing to dodge dinosaur feet for about half a fucking mile to get one scrawny Jew rather than take down a dinosaur?

How about when Kong flipped that chick from hand to hand to foot while fighting three tyrannosaurus rexes and dropping down a cliff and swinging from vine to vine? And then can't manage to make it across a room to grab the screenwriter at the end? Kong goes from Bruce Lee to whoever the town drunk was on the Andy Griffith Show every five seconds in that movie.

The director didn't even bother making that chick learn how to juggle, he just did it with CGI. Anyways, King Kong sucked, don't go waste your money. There's better stuff out there and you won't have to waste three hours on this turkey.

ETA:

Why didn't Jack Black sell gorillaburgers at the end??? That guy was a money making machine and he didn't even bother to collect the gorilla skull for sale to Ripley? That was yet another move that left Jackson in the dark.

Also, SteyrAug is a total fucking moron for liking King Kong. There is no excuse at all for approving of this waste of money. How about the White people painted up to look like natives on an island off the coast of AFRICA? It's fucking AFRICA, you might want to put some AFRICANS on the island!

My girl commented on teh wet hair/dry hair thing with the star actress, and also mentioned that her dress was pretty clean after sliding down a hill of MUD about a dozen times.

There is no way to stay conscious and alert for the three hours and seven minutes of KK and stay sane. Do not go to the theater this week and plunk down your money for this POS, you'll regret it. Go see Narnia or something else worthwhile.

Or maybe rent Sin City.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:14:35 PM EDT

Your review sucked.

I mean c'mon.

Bull shit.

The worst scene in the movie was the stampeding dinosaurs with the people running under the bellies of the dinosaurs for what, ten fucking minutes? Get outta here. Everybody would have been pounded into ground peoplebeef within ten seconds, and that scene dragged out so long I ended up laughing out loud at how ridiculous it was. Oh, and the raptors were more interested in the 185lb people than the five ton dinosaurs and were willing to dodge dinosaur feet for about half a fucking mile to get one scrawny Jew rather than take down a dinosaur?

How about when Kong flipped that chick from hand to hand to foot while fighting three tyrannosaurus rexes and dropping down a cliff and swinging from vine to vine? And then can't manage to make it across a room to grab the screenwriter at the end? Kong goes from Bruce Lee to whoever the town drunk was on the Andy Griffith Show every five seconds in that movie.

The director didn't even bother making that chick learn how to juggle, he just did it with CGI. Anyways, King Kong sucked, don't go waste your money. There's better stuff out there and you won't have to waste three hours on this turkey.

Dude, you liked the asskating scene.

Your ability to review a movie is seriously impaired.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:16:13 PM EDT

Your review sucked.

I mean c'mon.

Bull shit.

Dude, you liked the asskating scene.

Your ability to review a movie is seriously impaired.

I liked the asskating. It was cute. One of the few redeming features of this debacle.

Now, go back to biting me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top