Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2005 9:56:53 AM EDT
Ok guys so a bit back CRC started a thread about contacting our eleceted officials regarding 922(o) and it's need to be repealed. I wrote a few letters and in one of those letters to Rep. Paul Ryan I offered to set up a meeting/show and tell/range day with current owners of NFA firearms so that we could convey to him our feelings/position on this subject and give him a chance to meet some of the people that actually own these guns and ven have a chance to shoot some of them.

Well yesterday I got a letter from Rep. Ryan's office. The Congressmen would very much like to take me up on that offer durring the 2006 congressional session.

Just wanted to share that, and if anyone has any ideas/comments/whatever on any of this please feel free to share them with me. After the holidays i'm going to contact a few people and start working on the logistics.

This is going to be an experiance thats for damn sure.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:02:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Hope he sees the light!
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hope he sees the light!

He's a hunter and gun owner, he's apretty good guy on 2A issues.......

The important thing is that we have a chance to make a direct positive impression of firearms owners and the NFA community to a member of the House Ways and Means Committe and most all firearms legislation will go through that committe before it has a chance to make it to the house floor.

Maybe we can give him BRD
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:10:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Make sure to have food.

Politicians love free food.

But then, who doesn't?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top