Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:51:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Why does anyone need a fake Rolex?

Quite frankly, real Rolexes don't impress me that much either. All a real one says is that the person wearing it spent thousands of dollars on an item that could have been done better for thousands less. A Rolex is jewelry, plain and simple. Personally, I have a Tag Heuer Certified Chronometer (do not confuse with "Chronograph") It cost about $2900 and yes it is jewelry too. I wear it on special occassions. Last I heard was that Tag had farmed-out their battery operated mechanism business to the Japanese anyway (Seiko). My Timex Iron Man Triathlon keeps time just as well and only cost me $29.

I'm no expert, but I do know that real Rolexes do not tick, the second hand sweeps. And when I see someone who is wearing a Rolex that ticks, all that I can think of them from that point forward is that EVERYTHING they are and everything they are telling me must be fake too.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:57:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a fake rolex in Kuwait for $25. I would not pay 5 times that much.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:03:13 PM EDT
[#3]
In 1977 I bought a Stainless Steel Rolex Submariner for $600.  It's worth about $3-4K now and I've had a great watch all that time.  In around 1985 I bought a Rolex Day/Date President for $5,300 and sold it three years later for the same amount.

My life is pretty good now, and I just bought a 2006 Rolex 18K Submariner for a chunk o' change, but the way the prices increase, with care I should never lose money on it.  Bought my wife a Rolex also.  If you like nice things, you'll appreciate them, if not, go for the bling factor of a replica.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:07:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy a real one or if the budget cant handle it, get a Breitling..

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:42:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I used to date a gal that worked at one of the top Rolex dealers in North America and even she said she thought that Rolex watches were one of the biggest marketing shams ever , as Rolex watches don't keep time well, they need servicing regularly ($200 each time), and are ugly as sin.  The only reason people buy them was to show off their wealth or look wealthy even though they weren't.

Seems like a lot of people are saying you'd be a poser to buy a fake Rolex.  Now i'm not advocating knock off jewelry but just out of curiosity, how many of these people own a gun with a fake silencer, HK clone, or wear cammo to the range?

Ummmm... My GMT Master is at -.16 seconds for the month.... This is a mechanical watch... Id have to say thats pretty good....Was the gal you dated at the dealer a 16 yr old bubble gum chewer?? Most dealers at malls employ that type...

BTW: Ill be able to hand mine down to my kids.... Betcha itll last 3x as long as the car you drive..
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:55:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I saw a nice looking fake ROLEX yesterday and it was all stainless with a red and blue rotating bezel and mineral crystal face and the back had a cut away see through window that showed the mechanical internals, it was self winding, and was marked swiss made.

the guy wanted $120 for it, but then he asked me to make an offer, what would be a reasonable offer to make? it looked like a well made watch?

anybody own one? are they good watches? is $120 a good price?

watchez.com/files/master/rolex/large/RX408-NP0.jpg

www.replicahause.com/index.php?cPath=33

Real deal here..... They most often take a pic from Rolex's web site and post it.. What you see is not what you get.... Why in the hell would you want a fake anyway?   They are very easy to spot..img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/gmtmaster/Picture131.jpg

And no.. A counterfiet is just that... A piece of shit...

That is utter bullshit.  I have a real submariner, and my buddy went a bought a copy in the village for 50 bux.  On the wrist, there is NO way in hell you can tell the difference.  EVEN the movement is exact 90%.  Some of the better fakes have the backplate also that is so close you'd have to compare both to notice a difference.

Just remember you're buying some chinese CRAP that will help build their communist military that we we eventually have to fight
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Rolex, No thanks, I'll buy another gun instead
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:13:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I saw a nice looking fake ROLEX yesterday and it was all stainless with a red and blue rotating bezel and mineral crystal face and the back had a cut away see through window that showed the mechanical internals, it was self winding, and was marked swiss made.

the guy wanted $120 for it, but then he asked me to make an offer, what would be a reasonable offer to make? it looked like a well made watch?

anybody own one? are they good watches? is $120 a good price?

watchez.com/files/master/rolex/large/RX408-NP0.jpg

www.replicahause.com/index.php?cPath=33

Real deal here..... They most often take a pic from Rolex's web site and post it.. What you see is not what you get.... Why in the hell would you want a fake anyway?   They are very easy to spot..img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/gmtmaster/Picture131.jpg

And no.. A counterfiet is just that... A piece of shit...

That is utter bullshit.  I have a real submariner, and my buddy went a bought a copy in the village for 50 bux.  On the wrist, there is NO way in hell you can tell the difference.  EVEN the movement is exact 90%.  Some of the better fakes have the backplate also that is so close you'd have to compare both to notice a difference.

Just remember you're buying some chinese CRAP that will help build their communist military that we we eventually have to fight

YOU are absolutely incorrect.... Take a pic of that counterfiet.... Ill tell you exactly what isnt right.  BTW.. If you have a "real" Sub.. You wouldnt make a comment like that.  Its not really hard to fake a caseback that is plain.. Unless you happen to have a COMEX sub... Now if your Sub that you wear has a display back..... Ive got some beachfront land here in NE. to sell you.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:15:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Now if your Sub that you wear has a display back

All mine still have the green hologram stickers on the back  I have no idea why I have never taken them off.  I guess I like to keep my Rolexs 'stock'

ETA:  Check this out, you can get a replica with a warranty! (for a stiff price) I'm really surprised the Rolex legal watchdogs aren't all over these types of websites.  We're talking about International trademark laws.  My girlfriend once was trying to sell a 'fake' Louis Vitton purse on Ebay and she got a very nasty 'cease and desist' email letter from Louis Vitton's legal dept. letting her know every law she was breaking and demanded that she send them the purse she was selling or she would be prosecuted.  She wrote back that she had accidentally lost the purse in a fire.  They were probably just blowing hot air and trying to scare her.  But I wonder if and how often people get busted for this kind of stuff.

www.replicastreet.com/
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#10]
In my opinion....

It is absoultely stupid to pay up for a mechancial watch with no appreciation for the precise old school technology that goes into a mechanical automatic.  New money trash just out of the proverbial trailer park tend to flock to Rolex, as it is the only thing they have ever heard of and feel like they need to prove something through their watch.

I stalked Timezone.com for about 5 years here and there before I discovered the Breitling Blackbird and realized it was the one for me.  I like watches and I hate to sound like a melodramatic cheesedick, but I had an image in my mind of what I was looking for in a watch, and the Breitling Blackbird hit it head on. Another year of stalking ebay and I finally got one HELL of a deal on a Blackbird.  I got lucky, somehow, and got it at a price where I knew I could sell it for more for than what I bought it for.  I needed such a scenario to justify such a purchase for a watch that keeps time worse than a $20 casio.

I didn't buy it to impress other people...the only person I bought it for was me and to impress me as it WAS what I was looking for.  I like to look at it when I wear it...sorry to seem like and overly aesthetic artsy fag but when I wear it and look at it, it gives me a bit of the warm and fuzzies.

It's all about me.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:35:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Vasio G-Shock for this poor bunny!

I hate rich man's watches.

Is this a Casio Knock off?
Dayum!  You are cheap.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:37:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
lol everyone is yelling posers on a gun web site where 90% of the people here have some type of poser military rifle that is a knock off of the original???? come on guys think about it before you pipe off!!  

The reason behind that, is gov imposed bs, not by choice.  I can own any watch I want.  Doesnt relate to the issue at hand.

I hate Rolex.  The only people I associate w/ them are fakes/posers/naive.   Bling on a man, seems a bit too metro, unless your selling an image for business.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#13]
nope mine is real..
50th anniv. Submariner..
its Green
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:59:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I thought wrist watches went out when the cell phone came in.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:05:10 PM EDT
[#15]
For the fakes, they run about $60-75 for a decent one with nickel finish and a cheap automatic movement. the shitty quartz one go for about $20-30 bucks....they also make stainless steel replicas that cost $120-$200 bucks. But for that money, there are a hundred other/better watches that i'd rater have.

BTW, Ive owned 3 of the $75 dollar ones, they last about 3 months of 8 hour days of wearing them till the nickel finish wears off. Oh, and dont get ANY of them wet. They are not water resitant in any way.

my advice: buy the fake(but not for $120 bucks). Then use it to death, then buy a real watch. Fakes are a good way to get into watches. Its good to have experiance in fakes that way you can really appreciate the work that goes into a real one.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:10:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I wouldn't wear it if it were free. Seriously.

By a Tag (like I did) if you can't afford a Rolex/Omega right now. Can't afford a Tag? Get an Ollech & Wajs or a RN diver. Lots of decent genuine wristwatches out there in the $200-$300 range.

Look here

And here

+1 on the Ollech Wajs!  The owner is a great guy to deal with. About 3 years ago, I was putting together a ARFcom group buy for some custom Ollech M3/M4's with AR15 black rifle faces, super badass watches. It didnt work out though because $150 was too much for the members so It got voted down, and ARFcom went with some Fossil watches for like $65 bucks or something....damn I wish we got those Ollech's
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:07:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't know much but I know for sure that I was not put on this earth to walk around with a focking $15,000 watch on my wrist.

Piss on it.

Buying a fake $15,000 watch is even worse.

Go buy a $350 watch and forget this ghey watch stuff.

People try to boost their ego up by their associations with fancy crapola.  Very childish!!  

IMHO
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:10:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a Seadweller but I really dont wear it much.  I also have my Dad's Gold Datejust and its locked up.  I need to get it sent off to refurbish it.

I have a tag I dont wear either.  

I have a fascination with timepieces but I am hard on them and they dont last long.  So I use my cell and beeper to keep time.  The best time in fact as my cell is adjust by the NIST thingy.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:11:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:09:29 PM EDT
[#20]
All right....I don't want to hijack a thread or anything.  However if you want to get a Fake Rolex then buy all means get it.   Certain watches go with certain people with certain guns.

For example...

People that wear the Rolex SeaDweller tend to carry the Wilson Tactical Elite

People that wear Omegas and Seikos tend to carry Kimbers like this Warrior

People that wear Swiss Watches and Casios tend to carry Colts

People that wear Timex tend to carry Springfields

I don't know what kind of time piece goes with this.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:40:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Nope. If it was a noname and cheap, maybe, but I have no use for fakes..
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:46:39 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a fake Rolex that my mom bought me a few years back.

Its a pretty decent watch, but I never wear it, not because its fake, but because I dont wear fancy metal watches.

I usually wear digital Casio watches.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:52:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
You can get a fake in manhattan for about $15, as far as not getting a good return, well, 5 yrs ago I paid $2900 for a submariner in Grand cayman, my parnter bought his in manhattan last year for Just under $5000. I could probably get about $500 more for mine used than I paid new. Wish I could say that about some of my Rifle collection !!!!

Your partner is the dumb one for paying full retail on a watch.

Personally I think anyone who wears a fake watch is an idiot. I wear a Seiko quartz chronograph every day. Very high quality, and it was around $150. If I were going to get an expensive watch it wouldn't be a Rolex since they're way too pretentious; I'd rather get an Omega Seamaster for about half the cost.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:55:28 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a seadweller and carry a 950sb.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:36:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Have a fake Rolex, paid $15 in Mexico.  Don't do it, you won't be fooling anyone.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:53:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Pssst, .....  hey buddy...... come over here.

Wanna nice watch?  (fade to streetside seller opening coat)

I've got some real sweet time pieces here.

Yup, gotta Timex...... oh you don't believe it's real, huh?   I'm tellin' ya man this sweet piece is a genuine Timex.  

Only 5 thousand bucks.

What, you say?  Of course you can buy one from a store for 20 bucks,  but this one is real nice.

Okay, 6 thousand bucks it's yours.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:05:41 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
In my opinion....

It is absoultely stupid to pay up for a mechancial watch with no appreciation for the precise old school technology that goes into a mechanical automatic.  New money trash just out of the proverbial trailer park tend to flock to Rolex, as it is the only thing they have ever heard of and feel like they need to prove something through their watch.

I stalked Timezone.com for about 5 years here and there before I discovered the Breitling Blackbird and realized it was the one for me.  I like watches and I hate to sound like a melodramatic cheesedick, but I had an image in my mind of what I was looking for in a watch, and the Breitling Blackbird hit it head on. Another year of stalking ebay and I finally got one HELL of a deal on a Blackbird.  I got lucky, somehow, and got it at a price where I knew I could sell it for more for than what I bought it for.  I needed such a scenario to justify such a purchase for a watch that keeps time worse than a $20 casio.

I didn't buy it to impress other people...the only person I bought it for was me and to impress me as it WAS what I was looking for.  I like to look at it when I wear it...sorry to seem like and overly aesthetic artsy fag but when I wear it and look at it, it gives me a bit of the warm and fuzzies.

It's all about me.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/geneevans/firstbatch662.jpg

To some people, 20K isn't a lot of money for a watch, just like 10-20K for NFA guns.  To you, 2-3K or so wasn't too much for a watch.  Rolex are durable, accurate, and have great resale value.  Plus, they're real shiny!!  I've never lived in a trailer park, but I do have a nice motor home, does that count?

To me, a Patek Philippe is too much though.  Check this one out.

cgi.ebay.com/Patek-Philippe-Platinum-Ref-5013-Minute-Repeater-RARE_W0QQitemZ5069646014QQcategoryZ31387QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

So, I guess we all have our limits, some's higher than others, that's all.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:42:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Does Rolex make a digital watch with an Indiglo backlight?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:46:13 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Why would you want to be a poser.  Buy a real one.

+1.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top