Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/24/2005 12:10:01 PM EDT
I called up to order a pizza from Papa Johns, I really just want the garlic butter sauce. I did have a buy one get one free thing. Go to order my pizza, gonna be over $15 before taxes so I gave up on it, cooked fries and raked more leaves, damn leaves.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:11:10 PM EDT
they have really good online deals and you dont have to talk to a person

right up your alley, babe
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:11:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/24/2005 12:12:07 PM EDT by tc556guy]
I prefer the local guys. Tastes better, and my money is going to support a local business guy.
Last chain pizza I ordered was in September in Alabama and it sucked majorly.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:13:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tc556guy:
I prefer the local guys. Tastes better, and my money is going to support a local business guy.

Only good local place is a 15-20 mile drive, which takes me into SC and my CCW isnt valid there do I gotta unload my pistol and put in in the trunk or something.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:14:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By diabolical_chicken:

I went there, they wanted me to register an account
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:17:01 PM EDT
I believe there is a 200-400% mark up on one pizza.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:17:54 PM EDT

I agree, chain pizza sucks also I have friends who have worked for papa johns, dominoes and they have some very nasty nasty stories.

My friend at Pizza hut has told me a couple that make wing hunts look sanitary.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:18:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/24/2005 12:19:01 PM EDT by PBIR]
Buy the frozen kind or make your own. It isn't rocket science.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:19:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MTUSA:
I believe there is a 200-400% mark up on one pizza.

Well what is a restaurant suppose to do charge you cost on raw ingredients? Labor, rent, cost of supplies, and all the other bullshit taxes really take a toll on small business!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:21:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Taxman:
I called up to order a pizza from Papa Johns, I really just want the garlic butter sauce. I did have a buy one get one free thing. Go to order my pizza, gonna be over $15 before taxes so I gave up on it, cooked fries and raked more leaves, damn leaves.

Why do people waste their time raking leaves? The earth did just fine before people were around raking leaves. They're biodegradable, natural as all hell......why rake them?

BTW, i can pick up an uncooked pizza at Papa Johns for 6 bucks...1 topping [pepperoni]. Can you eat two?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:24:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rainman:

Why do people waste their time raking leaves? The earth did just fine before people were around raking leaves. They're biodegradable, natural as all hell......why rake them?

BTW, i can pick up an uncooked pizza at Papa Johns for 6 bucks...1 topping [pepperoni]. Can you eat two?

My grandmother wants them gone and I gotta rake them, I get told Im not doing it right, but if I do dont do it they will hire someone, possible an illegal immigrant to do it, so thats why I rake them.

I could eat one tonight and the other tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:08:34 PM EDT

so?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:14:48 PM EDT
$5 "hot and ready" large pep. from Little Caesars is all I ever get. Excellent pizza, reasonable price. I went to dominoes a while back and they have the whole 5-5-5 thing but dang those pizzas are small.

Other than that frozen pizzas are always good.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:15:13 PM EDT
[cheesy music] Did someone order a large pepperoni? [/cheesy music]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:20:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/24/2005 1:23:33 PM EDT by olyarms]
Has any one ever told you taxman, your a freaking weirdo

In a good way and not a gay way so don't try turning this into me being gay and trying to hit on you
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:20:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By --bullseye--:
Little Caesars is all I ever get. Excellent pizza

By excellent you mean absolute crap? hell a fozen pizza is better.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:20:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rainman:
Originally Posted By Taxman:\

I could eat one tonight and the other tomorrow.

you eat illegals?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:22:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:29:50 PM EDT
Freschetta Special Delux, under $5. Damn good pizza.....
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:30:47 PM EDT

Only good local place is a 15-20 mile drive, which takes me into SC and my CCW isnt valid there do I gotta unload my pistol and put in in the trunk or something.

Taxman, Put your loaded handgun in the glovebox and you are legal in SC.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:12:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/24/2005 2:26:39 PM EDT by warlord]
My friend who is a single-owner of a pizziaria, paid for his house and a cabin when he was like 30. There is big bucks in pizzias.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:13:11 PM EDT
Make your own from scratch.

Much tastier
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:15:06 PM EDT
With insightful threads like this, it's hard to see how you got to 25k, taxman...
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:17:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/24/2005 2:17:33 PM EDT by ar15bubba]

Why?...the chains have local people earning a living there just like the over the priced mom and pop shops.

Now if you are saying the non-chains are better tasting that is different.

I am hoping WalMart figures out how to import a Chinese Pizza that is good tasting and much cheaper than local establishments.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:03:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fizassist:
With insightful threads like this, it's hard to see how you got to 25k, taxman...

I used to post more at night
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:04:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ar15bubba:

Why?...the chains have local people earning a living there just like the over the priced mom and pop shops.

I am hoping WalMart figures out how to import a Chinese Pizza that is good tasting and much cheaper than local establishments.

Not Chinese but they, or my local WM, carries Tombstone. Best of the frozen pizza's I've found. Maybe some of the fancier ones are better but I can get Tombstones for $2.50/$3.00 each.

The only other choices in town is HotStuff, sold in convinece stores, which is acutally pretty good, but $12 to $15. Domino's Death Disks or a local place who's pizza is worse than Domino's.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:06:29 PM EDT
I wish there was a little Caesars, the Crazybread was kickass.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:10:15 PM EDT

so?

Tinfoil anyone?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:23:35 AM EDT
DiGiornos.
pepperoni.
It's good.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:39:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/25/2005 6:41:32 AM EDT by TrijiCog]
Bobili (SP?) thin crust pizza shells
Package of moozarella
pepperoni or favorite pizza meat
favorite spaghetti sauce inna jar/or none
onion
shrooms
garlic
roasted red bell peppers inna jar

All for about $25 and you can yield 3-4 pizzas made the way you like them.No delivery guy to tip,no toppings that have slid to one side of the pizza,no threat of bodily fluids from a stoned delivery guy that thinks it would be funny if someone tastes his DNA,you get the idea..
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:07:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:
DiGiornos.
pepperoni.
It's good.

YEP.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:06:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ar15bubba:

The quality varies, of course. I know mom and pop places AND chains that suck big time. Places like Dominoes just plain sucks ANYTIME when compared to a good local pizza place. The quality just isn't there in the chain places. Ever.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:51:27 PM EDT
Freschetta pizza is really very good, comparable to anything delivery/carryout.

Jim
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:50:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By KS_Physicist:
Freschetta pizza is really very good, comparable to anything delivery/carryout.

Jim

I normally get them when they are onsale and throw some olives and stuff on them.

I really just wanted to garlic butter sauce
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:54:50 PM EDT

I wish there was a little Caesars, the Crazybread was kickass.

Word!

I need to make a road trip to the nearest one (about 20 miles away) next month!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm crazybread.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:23:47 PM EDT
I prefer the local place myself. If I can't get there or the $$$ is shrot I will buy a Tombstone.

I will get a Dominos from time to time, but I walk in and order it. Then I sit there and watch them make it. Never a problem. If I was to order it delivered I'd get the shits. Never fails.

I really don't want to think about it.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:24:35 PM EDT
..frrtttttshit.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:26:36 PM EDT
dominoes thick crust, sausage and ham is my favorite
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:02:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/26/2005 7:05:26 PM EDT by --bullseye--]

Originally Posted By MaddMan:

Originally Posted By --bullseye--:
Little Caesars is all I ever get. Excellent pizza

By excellent you mean absolute crap heaven? hell a fozen pizza is a better slightly more convenient, albeit less filling, substitute.

fixed it for you

Must be to some extent the employees and management/ownership(I'm guessing Little Caesars is franchised). Around here competent help is not so very extremely hard to find(it's not universal in our area, but better than some major metropolitan areas I'm guessing).

The local Little Caesars is apparently doing pretty well, just moved into a brand new building.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:41:55 PM EDT
www.theninesithacany.com/

Best pizza place in town. Average age of the sit down crowd is skewed towards college aged, so anymore I order out. Still good pizza, though.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:07:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By packnru:

True. That's one of the few good things about this state's gun laws, but make sure you don't put it in the same place as your paperwork. You don't want to have to decide between which law to break if you are stopped at one of the state's many roadblocks or get stopped by a cop.z
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:10:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By zoom:

Originally Posted By packnru:

True. That's one of the few good things about this state's gun laws, but make sure you don't put it in the same place as your paperwork. You don't want to have to decide between which law to break if you are stopped at one of the state's many roadblocks or get stopped by a cop.z

I'll remember that.

I seen them take the tire depthguage out at the roadblock before.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:12:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AZMAN-1:
Freschetta Special Delux, under $5. Damn good pizza.....

Had that tonight. Mmmmm
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:15:14 PM EDT
After reading this thread Now I want a pizza
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:15:17 PM EDT
Eureka Pizza. 2 for 1 delivery, 3 for one pickup. And they just started a $6 out the door pepperoni pizza deal recently. They rock, and are actually worth the price. I haven't been in the doors of a Pizza Hut in over a decade because they aren't worth their price.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:15:29 PM EDT
Nah, ordering them is free. Now when you go to pick them up that is when it really costs you.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:26:15 PM EDT
Home pizza:

custom buttery dough
pepperoni
canadian bacon
olives
fresh mushrooms
extra cheese (bottom, top, in crust, whatever)
parmesean
sausage
pizza sauce
chilis

less than $15, and I can make four or more pizzas that taste so much better than frozen or chain that it makes my eyes water. Sad for you other people.

Oh, leftover dough makes pretzels.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:26:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheTracker:
After reading this thread Now I want a pizza

Me too but I'll eat when I wake up
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:25:24 AM EDT
I have some coupons from 2 years ago and some from 4 years ago. The prices nowadays are OUTRAGEOUS, and even the prices on these FOUR YEAR OLD COUPONS are barely palatable. I've been denied the use of these expirationless coupons on several occations because they are so much less than the rediculous menu prices.

How do I have and use 5 year old coupons? Every time I get an order delivered, the delivery man forgets to take the coupon. I'll keep using them until they take it away from me! But I have backup coupons too.

Dominos: 1 large 2 topping, buffalo wings and a 2-liter of soda for $16.99. I think $16.99 is the menu price for just the pizzas now. Crazy.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:41:17 AM EDT
Totinos, less than a buck. Add some Franks Red Hot -hot sauce and you are good to go!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:56:23 AM EDT
The best pizza I ever had was when I was
in a train station in Naples, Italy.
An eldely fellow was walking around the station
selling pizza slices.
That was 30 years ago.
That good.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top