Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2005 12:09:24 PM EDT
So I picked up a basket-special semi-churchwarden, and 2oz of a vanilla-aromatic light-nicotine tobacco (plus, of course, the accoutrements).

My question is, when I start smoking this, am I gonna get sick? I know about tongue bite and how you basically are gonna get it when you start smoking a pipe, and I know not to inhale the smoke, but am I gonna throw up?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:13:49 PM EDT
if you dont get sick from smoking light bodied cigars you should be fine with a pipe
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:21:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheRedHorseman:
if you dont get sick from smoking light bodied cigars you should be fine with a pipe

Never tried a cigar before, or a cigarette for that matter. I was going to get myself a short Cohiba to try, but I decided against it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:22:24 PM EDT
getting sick from smoking a pipe is pretty rare. you'll probably have a harder time packing the bowl properly and keeping it lit well.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:33:40 PM EDT
Why would you want to even start?

I used to smoke a pipe, as an alternative to a cigar. Now I only have a cigar every once in awhile. I used to smoke mainly English blends. Aromatics have a lot more bite than English blends, but smell better to other people. You will just have to get your toung used to it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:35:02 PM EDT
Did you get an ascot too?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:38:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mejames:

probably has something to do with that "freedom of choice" thingie
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:39:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PBIR:
Did you get an ascot too?

Yes, but not at the same time. My ascot goes with my morning coat.

Damn, it is hard as hell keeping this thing lit.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:41:27 PM EDT
Just dont Inhale and you will be fine.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:01:44 PM EDT
Hmm... it was pretty good, not bad, but odd, but the taste lingers for a long time.

I'm eating a bowl of ice cream and I have a tobacco aftertaste. It's a weird mixture.

PS I didn't throw up.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:22:26 PM EDT
A good way to avoid tongue bite is to not pack your pipe to tight, & don't smoke a lot at 1st. It's basically caused by steam in the mouth from the moisture in the baccy.

Also if you have a briar pipe you need to get at least one more if you intend to smoke every day, as they need time to rest & dry. So one more to switch off with will do ya.

christianpipesmokers.org
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:26:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mejames:

+100
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:34:55 PM EDT

But your family has no 'freedom of choice' when their hauling your dying ass on the rounds of the oncologist, radiologist, hospice and then the grave.

Find some other way to destroy your health. Motorcycles !!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:41:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rjay:

But your family has no 'freedom of choice' when their hauling your dying ass on the rounds of the oncologist, radiologist, hospice and then the grave.

Find some other way to destroy your health. Motorcycles !!

The easiest solution is to, when you find out you get cancer, just commit suicide in a non-messy way.
Top Top