Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2005 8:41:44 AM EDT
Pic of my Bro sporting the new US Army Dig BDUs...

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:43:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool pic.  MARPAT?  I think you mean ACU
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:47:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Tell the good Captain "Merry Christmas" and "Thanks" from the family Goon, please
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:49:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yeah, ACU.  We arent freaking Marines.

Captain in Mosul eh?  What's he do up there?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:57:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was using official arfcom lingo.

Stryker Flight Surgeon.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:02:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Another "stay safe" prayer, outbound.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:34:44 AM EDT
[#6]
To bad he has those weird sunglasses on but you can still tell who got all the looks in the family .
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:36:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Should he be wearing rank insignia?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:39:23 AM EDT
[#8]
yes, look center chest.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:40:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I thought Marines don't but Army does...
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:41:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
yes, look center chest.

I can see I was implying it might not be a good idea.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#11]
On a recent ATV thread I kept reading that people hate Polaris ATVs. I guess we know what the Army thinks about that opinion.  Your bro looks great in his new duds and sitting on the MV.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:44:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:02:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I like the enhancments on the ACUs but I still think the desert MARPAT is better camo for Iraq and Afghanistan.   Too bad they don't have a Marpat cammies with the ACU enhancments.  Mabey they do and I just haven't seen them.  

-Jason M
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:04:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
yes, look center chest.

pull-and-peel railroad tracks...

It's velcro... If it becomes a bad idea, it comes off real easy (along with EVERYTHING else on the uniform, except skill-badges (which are pin-on )...
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#15]
So what's the reason they chose AUC over Multicam?  The only logical reason I can think of is congressional pork BS since the company that makes multicam is in New York.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:22:21 PM EDT
[#16]
No weapon
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
No weapon

Looks like an M4 sticking off the back actually.  See that rectangle; looks like a mag to me.  I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:28:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
So what's the reason they chose AUC over Multicam?  The only logical reason I can think of is congressional pork BS since the company that makes multicam is in New York.

Price.

It costs twice as much for 2 prs of uniforms than it does for 1pr.

And Marines wear rank, on the collar, just like BDU's.

Skill badges are not authorized on Camp Victory/Iraq.  And there is no Mr on that 4wheeler.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:30:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was using official arfcom lingo.

Stryker Flight Surgeon.

Stryker FS?  :unsure:
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Skill badges are not authorized on Camp Victory/Iraq.  And there is no Mr on that 4wheeler.

Since when? I just left there in July and we all wore our stuff on Victory/Liberty or whatever they call it now. And what's the reasoning behind outlawing badges? Must be the fact that the soft -skilled -slugs get jelous and feel inferior when they see them.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:45:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
yes, look center chest.

I'm pretty sure they do what ever the Army says with respect to rank insignia.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#22]
The skill badge thing sounds a bit odd to me as well. I might be able to see it on ACUs, since they made them pin-on only, and that can be inconvenient at best, but I never heard of a blanket ban.

Is that FOB Patriot in the picture?

NTM
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
No weapon

Medical, which means a M9 most of the time.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:50:35 PM EDT
[#24]
How does he drive with that weird black thing over his eyes?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No weapon

So he is unarmed in da picture
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:58:10 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No weapon

Depends if you consider having a M9 as being "armed."

I got him a paddle holster so it would be under the jacket.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:00:42 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought Marines don't but Army does...

What??? Marines wear rank insignia, even in combat.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:01:58 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Price.

Since when does something being expensive stop the DOD from buying things?  Besides, the only real reason it's expensive is because it's low-volume niche stuff.  If it were being bought by the C-130-full on Army contract the price would come down.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:08:20 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Dat's cool
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:12:55 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Pic of my Bro sporting the new US Army Dig BDUs...

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=1729&iGalleryUnq=419&iImageUnq=43950

The Strykers sure look bigger on TV.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:49:38 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dat's cool

Yeah he wanted something he could wear comfortably at all times.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
yes, look center chest.

Hes not off post, hes running around on a 4 wheeler with no gear.  You cannot see the rank when the Interceptor vest is on so it doesnt matter when he leaves the gate.  We saluted everywhere except outside the wire when I was there, I havent witnessed a single sniper check bear fruit yet.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:12:26 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Because ACU works better for the scenery they were looking at.  Im not a fan of round blobs on a uniform, no matter how modern it is.  Multicam reminds me of something european, we dont want to associate outselves with any euro trash.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:18:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Whats the "Freedom shop" behind him? Do they sell guns or something?

Tell your bro to stay stafe!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:35:28 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because ACU works better for the scenery they were looking at.  Im not a fan of round blobs on a uniform, no matter how modern it is.  Multicam reminds me of something european, we dont want to associate outselves with any euro trash.

You mean like German flecktarn?  It does kind of remind me of it.  Flecktarn is also a very good camo.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:42:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Tell you brother "Merry Christmas, and God bless all of them serving over there, now and always."
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:51:00 PM EDT
[#37]
ACU is designed off of the MARPAT, which is deisgned off of CADPAT, which is designed off of the German Flecktarn, with some other little tidbits thrown in. Did a BDU swap with a German soldier at Graf while we were there earlier this month. Gave him a set of my old BDUs (with field jacket) for a set of his flecktarn with a german field jacket. pretty cool. Leadership said to just cut off the nametapes and we would call it good.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:54:19 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean like German flecktarn?  It does kind of remind me of it.  Flecktarn is also a very good camo.

Kinda, I think it more resembles Swiss Alpenflage, only with different colors.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:58:04 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No weapon

Send him the Shrike!!!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:04:17 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No weapon

Send him the Shrike!!!

Iraq will be more pacifistic than Japan's pussy ass by the time a Shrike is manufactured and delivered to him.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:06:32 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Send him the Shrike!!!

Iraq will be more pacifistic than Japan's pussy ass by the time a Shrike is manufactured and delivered to him.

You haven't seen the thread? SteyrAug got one that must have fallen off the truck or something...
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No weapon

Send him the Shrike!!!

They have access to M249s.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:15:55 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Send him the Shrike!!!

You haven't seen the thread? SteyrAug got one that must have fallen off the truck or something...

Ya, I saw it, I even checked www.snopes.com to see if it was fake or real.  So far I know of 1 person with a Shrike kit.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

The Army never tested the ACU pattern against Multicam.  Seperate depts were working on each and they never consulted each other.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:44:07 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Army never tested the ACU pattern against Multicam.  Seperate depts were working on each and they never consulted each other.

So it was just beaurocratic nonsense? As a taxpayer, I am now even more offended, considering that it seems that  the army actually paid Crye to invent the stuff:

www.cryeassociates.com/17.htm
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:08:14 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Price.

Since when does something being expensive stop the DOD from buying things?  Besides, the only real reason it's expensive is because it's low-volume niche stuff.  If it were being bought by the C-130-full on Army contract the price would come down.

:shrug:

Thats the "word".  And the Army needed/wanted to field it ASAP, they only had a limited sets on hand to start handing out.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:09:12 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Whats the "Freedom shop" behind him? Do they sell guns or something?

Tell your bro to stay stafe!

Haji Shop.  Sells local products and stuff, for cheap.  DVD's, cigarettes, etc...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top