Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:00:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe Deej is actually Troy's alter ego,or vice versa....

Brainstorm!!!!

Maybe Ed or Goatboy can set up a specific forum where no-one but Deej and Troy are allowed.Then..Troy can answer every single one of Deej's "What if","What is" and "What are" questions.

Troy,you can thank me later for coming up with this brilliant idea.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:36:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:47:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

...a Stratocaster with a whammy bar...

we could jam in joe's garage
great album
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:49:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Jeebus crap Troy. Cant you post in one thread somewhere that you have no ''fucking idea what you're talking about''?
--------

Troy replied:

The reason I seem "so smart" is NOT because I know everything, but because I know when to STFU when I *don't* know something...

-Troy

+1000

Many should take advantage of this gem of wisdom.

'Tis better to keep one's mouth closed and have others think you a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Like deej.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:18:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Troy,can you please answer this question ? Deej has not gotten a straight answer and it is most likely eating him alive.

why do school buses have small white strobe lights on their roofs? I saw two today that both had strobe lights on their roofs. I think, but I am not sure...that they have it for bad-weather visibillity-it was blowing snow today and freezing rain.

Post your answer in THIS thread.

Kthxbye.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:36:45 AM EDT
[#6]
There are also Stradavarius violins and Stratofortress (B-52) bombers to consider that might be nicknamed "Strat".  
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:44:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Did my tax dollars fund your education?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:17:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The most imitated instrument ever produced.

Really?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The most imitated instrument ever produced.

Really?

Definitely the most imitated guitar.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:21:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It is the American Rock and Roll guitar.

This is the American R & R Guitar.....

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=35252
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=35254

+1 and WOW, Nice Axe!  I've got a Studio Gothic model myself.

I'd be curious to see how the list of known musicians who play the strat stacks up to those who play the GLP.  I'm not saying either is better, just that I'm curious.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:28:00 PM EDT
[#11]
A few I can think of:

Strat:
SRV
Eric Clapton
Robert Cray
Jimi
Eric Johnson

Les Paul:
Jimmy Page,
Neil Young
Slash
Randy Rhoads
Zakk Wylde

eta: Just checked wiki and they have a list of famous players under both models although a few of the names are not too noteworthy.

Fender also offers both Custom Shop and regular production Artist Series guitars, featuring replicas of the Stratocasters played by famous guitarists such as Billy Corgan, Richie Sambora, Adrian Belew[1], Bonnie Raitt, Eric Clapton (see Eric Clapton Stratocaster), Rory Gallagher ,Mary Kaye, Yngwie J. Malmsteen, Buddy Guy, Mark Knopfler, Kurt Cobain, Robert Cray, Eric Johnson, Dick Dale, Tom DeLonge, Jeff Beck, the late Stevie Ray Vaughan and many others.

Other notable Strat players include Buddy Holly, The Edge, Adrian Smith, Dave Murray, Hank Marvin, Mick Green, Bob Dylan, George Harrison (in the later years of the Beatles), David Gilmour, Jean Pierre Danel, John Mayer, Robin Trower, Ritchie Blackmore, John Frusciante, Ed King, Craig Nicholls, Brian May, Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike McCready, Jimi Hendrix, Adam Levine and James Valentine of Maroon 5. Very few electric guitarists, amateur or professional, have not played a Stratocaster at some point in their careers.

Notable players of the Gibson Les Paul include, Slash, Adam Jones,Richie Sambora, Alex Lifeson, Jimmy Page, Gary Moore, Pete Townshend, Duane Allman, Eric Clapton (in his John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers period), James Iha, Mick Ronson, Ace Frehley, Scott Gorham, Tom Scholz, Joe Perry, Robert Fripp, Peter Green, Mick Taylor, Zakk Wylde, Peter Frampton, Buzz Osborne, James Dean Bradfield, Mark Knopfler, Noel Gallagher, Steve Jones, The Edge, Mick Jones, Billy Gibbons, Steve Hackett, Marc Bolan, Frank Zappa, Joel Hanson, Phil Keaggy, Adam Sandler, Matt Skiba, Gorillaz and the late Randy Rhoads. Many other electric guitar players have played it at one time or another.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'd be curious to see how the list of known musicians who play the strat stacks up to those who play the GLP.  I'm not saying either is better, just that I'm curious.

I think the vast majority of players would fit under the Arfcom standard "both",, or would if they could afford it.   The guitars have completely different sounds and playing characteristics. Why only have one to choose from?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the vast majority of players would fit under the Arfcom standard "both",, or would if they could afford it.   The guitars have completely different sounds and playing characteristics. Why only have one to choose from?

I'm definitely of the 'get both' mentality.  Just like Gus says, the two have a radically different tone, feel, and vibe. It's all good.

One of these days I'll get back to playing all this, right now it is just collecting dust.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

One of these days I'll get back to playing all this, right now it is just collecting dust.

i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/stratsandaks/Guitars.jpg

Very sad.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:20:46 PM EDT
[#16]
My Strat.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:22:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm definitely of the 'get both' mentality.  Just like Gus says, the two have a radically different tone, feel, and vibe. It's all good.

i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/stratsandaks/Guitars.jpg

Nice gear.  Is that a Flextone III? I like the Line 6 DFX stuff, it's sounds decent and the modeling is fun to play with. One of my friends had one until it got zapped from a wall surge.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:05:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Nice gear.  Is that a Flextone III? I like the Line 6 DFX stuff, it's sounds decent and the modeling
is fun to play with. One of my friends had one until it got zapped from a wall surge.

Thanks.

Yup, that's a Flextone III. I had a love/hate thing going with that amp and sold it a couple of months ago. It did high gain and clean stuff really well and also had some nice built in effects that could be endlessly tweaked via MIDI, but it just fell on its face while playing with moderate (classic rock/blues type) distortion. From what I understand that is a common complaint with modeling amps, but I'm sure it will get better as the technology improves.

When I get out of my rut and get back into playing, I'm not sure what I am going to get to replace that Line 6 as it was my 'distortion' amp. I'm really into vintage Marshall tones but my wallet says otherwise....
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
There are also Stradavarius violins and Stratofortress (B-52) bombers to consider that might be nicknamed "Strat".  

Stadivarius violins go by "Strad" for short...  No kidding.

(Dad's a violinist, though he doesn't own a Strad.)

ETA link the The Strad magazine.

Kent
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:50:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I seriously thought it was a gun or short for Stratiotes or something?

It is.
It's short for Stratiotes, which is a type of gun used for plinking.

lmfao.....

Deej,

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WOULD YOU USE GOOGLE BEFORE YOU ASK ANOTHER STUPID QUESTION??????

Every question you'be asked thus far has been a very simple goodle search away. no wonder you won the post whore contest.

Remember folks, there's no suck thing as a stupid question. Only stupid people.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:52:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is.
It's short for Stratiotes, which is a type of gun used for plinking.

lmfao.....

Deej,

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WOULD YOU USE GOOGLE BEFORE YOU ASK ANOTHER STUPID QUESTION??????

Every question you'be asked thus far has been a very simple goodle search away. no wonder you won the post whore contest.

HOLY ARFCOM, BATMAN!

IT'S THE STUPID QUESTION POLICE!
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:58:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

HOLY ARFCOM, BATMAN!

IT'S THE STUPID QUESTION POLICE!

precisely my point.

Consider your dog shot, and your house burned.

(figuratively of course)
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:05:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:15:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:23:05 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

On a side note, why does every post you make start with "What does _____ mean?" I'm reminded of my 8-year-old cousin for some reason.

www.google.com Learn it, use it, love it.

The answer is obvious. If you're too dense to never figure out what a "Strat" is, having avoided pop-culture like you've avoided moving out of your mom's basement, you're obviously too dense to know that Google will answer most basic questions.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:27:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Its short for Stratigy interms of Counter strike ternaments
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top