Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2005 9:15:54 AM EDT

Merry f'in' Christmas, Goon.

Merry f'in' Christmas.

I mean, my basic attitue about bonuses in general is that:

A- It's a bonus.
B- I'm owed for the hours I work at an agreed upon rate, that's all.
C- If my boss wants to give me more money at Christmas, it's his choice.

Still pisses me off though.

I like how they waited until now to say anything though....Not that it would ever be a goodtime to tell us.

Nothing a good stiff drink or three back at the hotel after work won't cure
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:20:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I usually get a small bonus but it is usually after the first of the year.    It's this evil Bush Administration.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:21:53 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I usually get a small bonus but it is usually after the first of the year.    It's this evil Bush Administration.

+1.

Good call.  

I blame Bush.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:22:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I am blessed enough to not have to work on Christmas.

It is a bonus.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:23:58 AM EDT
[#4]
sorry about you shitty bos, since i work for a municipality i dont get much of a bonus either
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:24:06 AM EDT
[#5]
My boss says he'd love to give me a bonus, but there isn't enough money for it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:24:18 AM EDT
[#6]
My grandmothers used to always send me money for Christmas, but they'e both dead now.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:24:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

It is a bonus.

I actually don't mind working Christmas, as it's an extra-rate day.

Mrs. Goon, me, and, the little Goons had our christmas before I left on this job last
weekend.  The little Goons have antoher Christmas scheduled for Sunday, so, they're good to go.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:36:24 AM EDT
[#8]
What is this "Christmas Bonus" of which you speak.  I've been working for 15 years in several jobs, and I've never seen one....
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:49:52 AM EDT
[#9]
QUIT!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:51:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
QUIT!

First chance I get when I find a job with similar compensation.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:57:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Edited out........
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Having worked at a GM facility, I am somewhat familiar with the usual pay rates, benefits, bonuses, etc.

Let me see if I have this right.  You are one of the few American manufacturing workers who continues to have a real job. You likely make three to four times what many of your similarly educated counterparts make, and have excellent benefits to boot.  Your likely compensation package (actual pay + benes) is something near $68 a hour...

You continue to draw this wage and these benes despite the fact that the products YOU make continue to loose market share.  GM has gone from owning very near half teh domestic market to something like less than a third? The only division within the parent industry that makes any money is GMAC.  Your side of the corporation is a mammoth money sucking black hole....

Any you are pissin and moanin about no bonus?  Sorry buddy, here's a quarter.  Call someone who cares...

Ouch! thats going to leave a mark.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:02:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Having worked at a GM facility, I am somewhat familiar with the usual pay rates, benefits, bonuses, etc.

Let me see if I have this right.  You are one of the few American manufacturing workers who continues to have a real job. You likely make three to four times what many of your similarly educated counterparts make, and have excellent benefits to boot.  Your likely compensation package (actual pay + benes) is something near $68 a hour...

You continue to draw this wage and these benes despite the fact that the products YOU make continue to loose market share.  GM has gone from owning very near half teh domestic market to something like less than a third? The only division within the parent industry that makes any money is GMAC.  Your side of the corporation is a mammoth money sucking black hole....

Any you are pissin and moanin about no bonus?  Sorry buddy, here's a quarter.  Call someone who cares...

I think the GM he was referring to was his General Manager.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:04:59 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the GM he was referring to was his General Manager.  

+1
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:05:09 AM EDT
[#15]
He's a security Guard with an attitude.

Nuff said
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:06:33 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Psssssssssssssssstt....psssssssstt...C'mere....Got somthin' to tell you....

GM=GENERAL MANAGER YOU DUMBASS!

"My GM" is what I friggin' said!

Did you not read the title?!  Are you too stupid to read?!

Tell you what;  Here's your quarter back.  Go buy a CLUE!

I don't work at GM, and, I think anyone who's been around this board since I joined
can tell you I SURE as hell don't work in a FACTORY or belong to a UNION!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:07:46 AM EDT
[#17]
DAMN!

Hit a nerve did he?  

Get your panties untwisted there boy.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:10:15 AM EDT
[#18]
I got a $25 certificate to a local restaurant.  Beats a swift kick to the head!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Edit

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:11:28 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
DAMN!

Hit a nerve did he?  www.atomiclabrat.com/images/Emoticon/a1r05l-police%20shoot%20dog.gif

Yeah, he did kinda.

Nice ETA on your previous post, too.  had to add in another jab, huh?  Nice.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:13:48 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Fair 'nuff... My misread....  Apologies offered all around....

I cannot help it...  Worked at GM, and encountered the usual bullshit.  Frequently encoutnered situation: Husband and wife both working there, both with less-than-highschool education, both unskilled, and pulling BIG TIME stupid money (considering education and skills) withovertime thrown in, and they are always bitchin about how the company is screwing them over.  Spend 7.5 hours out of an 8 hour shift playing hide and seek, and then get overtime to do teh work they shoulda done earlier than day...

Pisses me off.  Some poor slob is working his ass off elsehwere for 1/4th money and happy for it...

Sorry for the rant.

Sorry.  Little bit touchy today.  

I feel you on the GM/union thing.  I see it all the time.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:16:28 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Psssssssssssssssstt....psssssssstt...C'mere....Got somthin' to tell you....

GM=GENERAL MANAGER YOU DUMBASS!

"My GM" is what I friggin' said!

Did you not read the title?!  Are you too stupid to read?!

Tell you what;  Here's your quarter back.  Go buy a CLUE!

I don't work at GM, and, I think anyone who's been around this board since I joined
can tell you I SURE as hell don't work in a FACTORY or belong to a UNION!

Maybe if  you belonged to a Union you would of gotten a bounus.I get a 8% of my gross wages for 2005.And no the labor is not breaking our Companies back.We are making them billions of dollars and the stock has doubled on the past 2 yrs.

Plus I get a $15 gift card for local grocery store for x-mas!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:16:30 AM EDT
[#23]
I thought he worked execituve protection or something.  I used to do that in the early 90's.  Spent most of the time parked outside some rich guys house on the night shift.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:16:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Do you have a rather large psycho brother by any chance that lives in an RV who's currently staying at your place? If so, perhaps you can send him over to the house of your boss on Christmas Eve to kidnap him, hogtie him, tie a ribbon around his head and deliver his ass on your doorstep so you and your entire family can bash him for being such a scrooge!

Well, it worked for the Griswald family anyway.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:18:31 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
DAMN!

Hit a nerve did he?  www.atomiclabrat.com/images/Emoticon/a1r05l-police%20shoot%20dog.gif

Yeah, he did kinda.

Nice ETA on your previous post, too.  had to add in another jab, huh?  Nice.

I'd have added a few, but your'e going to get enough with the original post.  Merry Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:19:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Goonboss:

Apologies....

Kinda touchy here too....  Working my ass off.  Took a stupid 1/3 time part time job and worked it into a fulltime position over 6 years.  I'm looking unemployment squarely in the face.

I kinda go apeshit with the uneducated/prounion stupidity that says some barely literate 9th grade educated slob somehow needs to be paid $68 an hour (and then whines about it).

Sorry fot the rant.... My misread, my rant, my stupid assed replies....

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:19:41 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I thought he worked execituve protection or something.  I used to do that in the early 90's.  Spent most of the time parked outside some rich guys house on the night shift.

Among other things.

Rich guy/driveway

BTDT
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:20:32 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I think that your boss needs an asskicking.
iirc, you own your own business, don't you?  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:26:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:30:32 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
God is punishing you for keeping the working man down, you capitalist tool.

I never thought about it that way, but, I suppose you're right

I guess all that stuff they've been yelling at me for the last 5 years was true
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:18:33 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that your boss needs an asskicking.

iirc, you own your own business, don't you?  

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:21:19 PM EDT
[#32]
I got a $250 ($170 after taxes) bonus for not calling in sick all year.

Yay.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:26:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Never got one myself and I dont believe you are owed shit.

Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:28:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Whats a bonus?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

It is a bonus.

I am blessed enough to have a job to go to on Christmas. The simple fact that I get to spend Christmas day helping those who need it is a most excellent bonus.

Sure wouldn't turn my nose up at extra cash though....
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:40:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Got a $200 cash Christmas bonus for a little specialty construction company I just started working for on Tuesday.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top