Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/23/2005 6:21:16 AM EDT
I need to send a fax.

I had planned to go to the publik library and send it.

However now I see you can send faxes online?

Anyone familiar with this service? Is it legit?

www.tpc.int/
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:17:15 PM EDT
my boss uses this efax

he likes it
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:18:12 PM EDT
I scan my stuff and email it. I wish faxes would just DIE.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:20:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SubnetMask:

When you scan it, do you do it upside-down, like 80% of the faxes I get? i hate that shit. I, too, will rejoice the day the last fax machine is put in its grave.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:21:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DzlBenz:

Originally Posted By SubnetMask:

When you scan it, do you do it upside-down, like 80% of the faxes I get? i hate that shit. I, too, will rejoice the day the last fax machine is put in its grave.

Here Here!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:28:13 PM EDT
The first fax machine I used was a 3M single-sheet rotary number. It used an accoustic coupler for the phone. Took about 3 minutes per page.

* thip thip thip thip thip thip thip thip thip thip thip thip thip thip thip thip thip thip thip thip thip thip thip thip thip thip *

Then the thermal roll paper ones came out. We had a cheap Panasonic one with no paper cutter. We'd come in Monday morning to find a whole roll of faxes on the floor. Spend half an hour separating them and making copies. You had to make copies right away, because if you set a thermal fax sheet on a diazo blueline print, the sheet will turn black in about 15 minutes. We eventually progressed to the laser fax machine. Effective, but still a pain in the ass.

Of course, without a fax machine, how will I ever get a great vacation bargain or hot stock tips?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:40:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:30:26 AM EDT
If you have MS Office, it may have a fax wizard included. Then you just need a phone modem to send Office documents. And a scanner (or image file) for anything else.
~
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:32:20 AM EDT
I use efax (full account, not a free account)

Plus, I have a old fax machine that I use to fax paper docs to my efax account.....sort of like a scanner.
Top Top