Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2005 8:00:14 PM EDT
...I have downloaded from Napster YTD has been the Gerogia Satellites, Let it Rock- Best of.

Crisp, clean and surprisingly GOOD. I'll be keeping it for a while.

Anyone else have similar suggestions? I like the southern style of the git-tar on this album.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:03:22 PM EDT
[#1]
John Hyatt?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:07:20 PM EDT
[#2]
You want southern style guitar?

Molly Hatchet

All your questions are answered with this band.

ETA...btw...John Hyatt is a fag...
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:14:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

How did you find that out?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How did you find that out?

I live and work in Nashville,  I've done sound for most of the people that you're probably familiar with....trust me...the guy is gay.

Brilliant....but gay.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:45:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:56:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Grant Lee Buffalo - "Jubilee"

Once upon a time they were the critics darlings, an alt-folk rock band that did mostly dreamy, wordy quiet songs, but on Jubilee (their last album), they really unloaded and wrote smart, rocking songs. Very clever, catchy music.

Also, "Haunted" by Poe.

Probably the best pop music ever written, and oddly almost the entire album is about her father dying, and every song weaves in and out of this theme with voices of her as a young girl and her father (from old family tapes) eerily popping up as samples. Don't let that fool you though, it's incredibly listenable. And, unlike most women in music, she writes, produces and engineers her own songs.....if she were into guns, that means she's a top competitor that shoots, builds and machines her own guns. Quite rare.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:27:06 PM EDT
[#7]
If you like the Satellites I'm pretty sure you'll like this new band called Silvertide.

www.silvertidemusic.com/host.htm

I saw them open for Shinedown at the House of Blues and bought the CD on the spot.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:43:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If you like the Satellites I'm pretty sure you'll like this new band called Silvertide.

www.silvertidemusic.com/host.htm

I saw them open for Shinedown at the House of Blues and bought the CD on the spot.

Silvertide is good.

And +1 for Lynyrd Skynyrd.  Saw them in concert last weekend.  It was kick ass.  It was kind of cool to seem them in concert since my dad saw them in concert when he was my age.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:44:25 AM EDT
[#9]
If you've ever been in a biker bar it's Molly-fucking-Hatchet damnit!

Might also want to check out The Outlaws and while a little more mellow if you like southern style picking, The Atlanta Rhythm Section.

For online listening try allsouthernrock.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top