[#1]
No.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
My Buddy ran over a dead armadillion in his open topped jeep with no doors on it and it popped like a water balloon and sprayed him with rotten armadillio guts, and sence he had his mouth open he began to throw up on himself, still driving down the road at 55mph.  Needless to say he doesn't run over them anymore.

When I was a kid a friend and I found a dead cow. It was all bloated and laying in the creek. My buddy and I decided that it'd be fun to take a running jump on it. It didn't spray, but a racoon ran out of it's asshole.

NO WAY!!! Damn,thats funny!

Ass-coons are a menace.  

Seen opossums doing the exact same thing except we were shooting the dead bloated cow, the opossum didn't make it far once he left his concealment
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:58:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Ran over a squirrel in the heat of the summer, popped like a balloon.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:03:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I try to avoid running over dead animals, though it can't be avoided sometimes....
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:07:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
When I was a kid,our bus driver would make it a point to run over dead animals on the road. The other day my wife got mad at me for purposely hitting a dead possum. Anybody else go out of their way to hit a dead animal?

What a sick question!  Do you kick puppys too?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:08:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I ran over a dead dog one time for fun...Had to repeatedly run my truck through a mud hole to get it off, shank so bad I puked.
Hit a dead cat with the bushhog....horrible, same a blender I guess, almost puked that time.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:20:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hitting dead ones is to easy, live ones are much more challenging . So far I have 2 deer, 1 wild hog, a buzzard, a few dogs and cats, a huge gopher turtle with a boat trailer, and an uncountable amount or armadillos, squirrels and opossums. The deer, hog, and dogs ran out in front of me and I had no choice but the others I just refuse to swerve or brake much for, I'm not wrecking to avoid an animal. No pleasure involved (I did take the deer home and clean them, tasted good) but I have paid out a $100 deductible on more than a few occasions.

Was the buzzard flying or on the side of the road?  If it was stationary I've got you beat, assuming a deer can equal a hog.  I took out the last duck in a line flying across the road with his buddies from the corn field on one side of the road to the pond on the other.

Interesting fact: Did you know a beagle hit at approximately 70mph can do over $1000 worth of damage to a Neon?

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:38:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
When I was a kid,our bus driver would make it a point to run over dead animals on the road. The other day my wife got mad at me for purposely hitting a dead possum. Anybody else go out of their way to hit a dead animal?

What a sick question!  Do you kick puppys too?

No, but from what I understand, because of me God has killed A LOT of kittens!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:39:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I ran over a dead dog one time for fun...Had to repeatedly run my truck through a mud hole to get it off, shank so bad I puked.
Hit a dead cat with the bushhog....horrible, same a blender I guess, almost puked that time.

Yeah,thats pretty bad right there.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:40:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Yea
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:06:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I run over everything that crosses my path, dead or alive.  I remember hitting a cat in high school in front of some kids that had just "adopted" it (found on the way home from school), I thought it was funny as hell.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:31:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I did hit a dead cat by accident once. I couldnt really move out of the way so I tried to miss it barely and stay safe. I was a little nervouse because my then girlfriend was a huge cat lover and she was already upset at seeing the dead cat.

I pass over it and I end up hitting it. Not only did I hit it dead on, the thing flipped up into the wheel well and was getting tossed arounf like a pair of shoes in a dryer. It went on for about a block before if must have fallen apart of something. I must say ther experience was quite difficult to handle.

On one hand I felt bad and on the other I wanted to bust out laughing at the situation. My girlfriend was hyperventilating.

Sorry dude but thats funny as hell! I just about pissed myself.

Roadkill in TN = Supper  Hit all of them you want. My wife and 16 kids need the food.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:02:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I do it all the time.  It gives me immense personal satisfaction seeing rotten possum innards
on the windshield of the guy tailgating me for the last mile.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:10:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Only in rental cars.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:12:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't usually go out of my way to do it, it makes sense to do it if you feel a need for mercy/to make sure it really is dead.  Doesn't make sense to do it, though, if it means putting yourself or other drivers at risk.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:15:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I try to avoid it....with my luck I'd only end up with a rib puncturing my tire anyway.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:16:58 PM EDT
[#17]
I do it all the time.  Small stuff like squirrels.  Not when its somthing big though.

Clunk cluck!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:55:28 PM EDT
[#18]
One day years ago I accidentally hit a dead armadillo that had been in the road for at least a week.  It took me 3 days to wash the underneath of the truck enough to get rid of the funk.

If it's already dead, I avoid it like the plague.  And I don't purposely try to kill any animal in the road other than snakes when they are crossing.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:52:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I do it all the time.  Small stuff like squirrels.  Not when its somthing big though.

Clunk cluck!!

Yeah,I usually try to stay away from dogs ( big ones ), deer,cattle you know,stuff like that.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:24:49 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I change my own tires, work on my own suspension and brakes, and climb under my car to lube and oil and inspect things on a regular basis.

I would rather not splatter rotting animal carcass all over the bottom of the car if I can possibly avoid it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:55:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Once a long time ago a guy somewhere did a study by putting fake (rubber) dead "animals" on roadways, to study drivers' reactions. He did a bunch of different [small] animals, domestic and wild.

He observed that the rubber snakes got run over intentionally the most, by a wide margin. Most people actively avoided the other animals.
~
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:10:04 AM EDT
[#22]
I voted "No", but what I meant was "No, you sick fuck".
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#23]

Originally posted by fizassist:

WOW! Someone got their mangina all sandy. "Ease up Francis." Its a joke post.

BTW: When I was in high school we used to tie dead animals to the axle of our fellow teammates (football) that screwed up in the game. You havent seen anything funny yet untill you see some kid driving down the road with a dead possum bouncing up and down behind his vehicle on a rope.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:56:55 AM EDT
[#24]
I told a friend once to "watch out for that deer"

He was looking in the ditch but it was actually laying dead in the middle of the road.

We went airborn

GM
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:09:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Yep....... we do it all the time at work....... you should see what happens to roadkill when its run over by a 13 ton armored truck!....................

so far i personally have 8 skull & cross bones for live kills...   if its dumb enough to walk out in front of me, then its fair game!....  should have seen the vault managers face when we pulled in the garage one night with a deer in the back of the armored truck, that we hit that afternoon.... ( we gutted it an packed it with ice!, to keep it fresh.)

colt!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#26]
I hit a (dead) German Shepherd once in L.A. on I-5. Going 75. In a Volkswagen.

I think I caught air
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:14:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Yea, sorry to resurrect an old thread but...

We were traveling down the highway in one of the semis for work, middle of the summer, on the right are two people riding bikes. Then the line, then the dead skunk...then us. You guessed it, right speed for all parties involved, Semi, and bicyclists, that they passed the dead skunk at the same time that our front tires passed over it. Splat, all over the bicyclist. I heard her scream, look back and she almost wrecked it into the  ditch on the side of the road. (I was riding shotgun)
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:22:38 PM EDT
[#28]
???

i might suggest growing up a bit
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:20:45 PM EDT
[#29]

???

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:35:29 PM EDT
[#30]
If it is dead and on the road, I'll run it over again if possible as long as it is smaller than deer.  Hell, that goes for live critters too.  The wheels of my old trucks don't discriminate.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Oh heck yea.  Once I pulled the emergency brake so I could slide over a dead raccoon sideways.

Little bastard put a dent right under the passenger door.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:24:18 PM EDT
[#32]
WAY back, I had a '67 RS Camaro,with nice, wide L 60s on the back( OH MY GOD,I'M PRE-METRIC) Anyway,there was a big,bloated possum on the edge of the road,and a bunch of young kids looking at it.I locked the brakes just as I went over it.It Squirted everywhere,and the remains slid along in front of the locked rear tire.Sort of wore it away,like when we used to write on the road with crabapples.Heehee
Had an  old Monaco.Windows down,summer evening.Car load and beer flowing.Hit a dead fox with the right front and the guys on that side (arms out the window) both got it.Heehee

God I miss those days.Going out to look for dead shit now.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:58:09 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Your Mom doesn't seem to mind.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:58:47 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I do it all the time.  It gives me immense personal satisfaction seeing rotten possum innards
on the windshield of the guy tailgating me for the last mile.

Thats just funny!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:59:46 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I change my own tires, work on my own suspension and brakes, and climb under my car to lube and oil and inspect things on a regular basis.

I would rather not splatter rotting animal carcass all over the bottom of the car if I can possibly avoid it.

Yeah,you know, it isn't for everybody.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:00:41 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Originally posted by fizassist:

WOW! Someone got their mangina all sandy. "Ease up Francis." Its a joke post.

BTW: When I was in high school we used to tie dead animals to the axle of our fellow teammates (football) that screwed up in the game. You havent seen anything funny yet untill you see some kid driving down the road with a dead possum bouncing up and down behind his vehicle on a rope.

Holy crap,thats great! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:01:36 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Yep....... we do it all the time at work....... you should see what happens to roadkill when its run over by a 13 ton armored truck!....................

so far i personally have 8 skull & cross bones for live kills...   if its dumb enough to walk out in front of me, then its fair game!....  should have seen the vault managers face when we pulled in the garage one night with a deer in the back of the armored truck, that we hit that afternoon.... ( we gutted it an packed it with ice!, to keep it fresh.)

colt!

Sounds like a plan. How was it?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:02:07 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I hit a (dead) German Shepherd once in L.A. on I-5. Going 75. In a Volkswagen.

I think I caught air

Probably.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:03:19 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Yea, sorry to resurrect an old thread but...

We were traveling down the highway in one of the semis for work, middle of the summer, on the right are two people riding bikes. Then the line, then the dead skunk...then us. You guessed it, right speed for all parties involved, Semi, and bicyclists, that they passed the dead skunk at the same time that our front tires passed over it. Splat, all over the bicyclist. I heard her scream, look back and she almost wrecked it into the  ditch on the side of the road. (I was riding shotgun)

OH MY GOODNESS!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,wow,you're a mean one! Thats so funny!!BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:04:39 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
???

Oh,alright,right away. I might suggest learning how to capatalize.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:05:56 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Oh heck yea.  Once I pulled the emergency brake so I could slide over a dead raccoon sideways.

Little bastard put a dent right under the passenger door.

Wow,talk about commitment!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:06:28 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
If it is dead and on the road, I'll run it over again if possible as long as it is smaller than deer.  Hell, that goes for live critters too.  The wheels of my old trucks don't discriminate.  

That goes for me as well.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:07:12 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
WAY back, I had a '67 RS Camaro,with nice, wide L 60s on the back( OH MY GOD,I'M PRE-METRIC) Anyway,there was a big,bloated possum on the edge of the road,and a bunch of young kids looking at it.I locked the brakes just as I went over it.It Squirted everywhere,and the remains slid along in front of the locked rear tire.Sort of wore it away,like when we used to write on the road with crabapples.Heehee
Had an  old Monaco.Windows down,summer evening.Car load and beer flowing.Hit a dead fox with the right front and the guys on that side (arms out the window) both got it.Heehee

God I miss those days.Going out to look for dead shit now.

Sounds good man! Let me know how you did.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:23:16 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exhibit "A": Collective retardation.

There is no exhibit "B".

"Nothin' say's fun like crushing live critters under the wheels of my car! Weeee hooooo!"

Fuckin' morons.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:23:13 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is no exhibit "B".

"Nothin' say's fun like crushing live critters under the wheels of my car! Weeee hooooo!"

Fuckin' morons.

Keep on thinkin' that, cityboy.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#46]
I make it a point to "double-tap" roadkill.... It's best if there is a car behind you, and you go out of your way (safely) to run em over. Get some good looks at the next light after that. I've had critters stick between my duals and go round and round for a mile or so. Tried an armadillo once....bad idea.

<------------<<<<

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:46:20 PM EDT
[#47]

There is no exhibit "B".

Fuckin' morons.

Stick and stones.......  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:49:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Rather keep my suspension
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:02:42 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Rather keep my suspension

Possums have little effect on the suspension of a diesel dually, not even the frozen ones...

On a related subject, I have been told of individuals as sick as myself finding roadkill dogs, etc that were stiff enough to warrant "standing back up" in the road. Have yet to find a worthy candidate, but it seems humorous enuff in a very demented kind of way.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:10:20 PM EDT
[#50]

.......... Wonder if that would work on a dead frozen deer????

COLT!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top