Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2005 12:27:46 PM EDT
"The Department of Justice believes -- and the case law supports -- that the president has inherent authority to conduct warrantless physical searches for foreign intelligence purposes and that the president may, as he has done, delegate this authority to the attorney general," Clinton Deputy Attorney General Jamie S. Gorelick said in 1994 testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.

That same authority, she added, pertains to electronic surveillance such as wiretaps.

The National Security Agency may lawfully intercept messages between United States citizens and people overseas, even if there is no cause to believe the Americans are foreign agents. Jabara v. Webster, 691 F2d. 272 (6th Cir. 1982). (Somebody with federal access on Lexis or Westlaw may want to Shepardize that.)

Read this, and curse them to their graves.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:33:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Well,,, yah

Their usual lline "do as I say not as I do"
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:35:23 PM EDT
[#2]
All politicians are lying SOBS.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
All politicians are lying SOBS.

Let me repeat that...

ALL POLITICIANS ARE LYING SOBS!

It's true too!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:22:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Bump for update.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top