Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2005 12:06:32 PM EDT
Fuck.....these goddamn talking heads...he's the worst...I know he's from Mississippi but what is this thing with these people trying to sound like they have a South Louisiana accent when they're doing a story on the hurricanes. If I'm talking about the great Tea Party..I don't say..Booaaaston...fuck!!!

damn reporters
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:07:53 PM EDT
Go to new orleans. EVERYONE pronounces it nawlins. It's a deep bayou southern thing.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:12:23 PM EDT

I wish Sheperd Smith would stop

That's all that was needed.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:12:26 PM EDT
I believe he spent quite a bit of time there. He seems to think of it as a second home. It doesn't bother me how he pronounces it. It seems like he cares...unlike many of his ilk.

I like Shep. He is damn funny.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:18:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dusty_C:
Go to new orleans. EVERYONE pronounces it nawlins. It's a deep bayou southern thing.

I grew up around New Orleans and Baton Rouge....I have not once, heard a local say "Nawlins"
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:19:13 PM EDT
That's because it's pronounced "Nawlins". Anyone who says "New Ore-Leeens" ain't from around here.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:20:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Nephilim:

I grew up around New Orleans and Baton Rouge....I have not once, heard a local say "Nawlins"

That's all I've ever heard locals call it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:05:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Nephilim:

You must have been deaf then... 95% of the people aound the city say it that way.
Top Top