Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2005 12:38:43 AM EDT
The local Marine reserve is doing there thing and it is a great thing.  An Air Force ethnic minority was there "volunteering" and she noticed the "black dolls" were force segregated from the white dolls.  She was rather upset that the dollie races were not allowed to mix and she called the EEO officer to inform him.  No kidding.

The gunny in charge of dollies said it was easier to find the right toy for the right kid is all the toys were lined up according to what kind of toy they were.  He was bewildered to say the least at the complaint.  The 1st Sgt is a friend of mine and the NCOIC of the whole mess, he was pretty damned uninterested in dollie segregation and sent this PITA home after thanking her for bringing it to his attention.

When the EEO officer contacted him he reminded the genius that dolls ARE NOT ALIVE.  They do not really have feelings or emotions and they do not have a damned clue as to what is happening on the shelves around them.  He offered to let the EEO officer come out and speak with the dollies and said he would be happy to address the concerns of any dolly that was upset.  After reflection, the EEO said it probably was not a crime to seperate dolls according to percieved race and to offer dolls of any race to kids of any race.  He even agreed that is was ok for kids to choose what race of doll they want, regardless of what race they were.  But he said he would have to check with his peers to make sure no further action was required.

Can this shit get any stranger?   I donated a hundred bucks worth of board games, not wanting to bring a Barbie and piss off those chubby dolls.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:42:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sorry but I find that funny as shit in a pathetic sort of way.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:46:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:46:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm sorry but I find that funny as shit in a pathetic sort of way.

+1
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:50:00 AM EDT
[#4]
An indication of the times that we live in.

This shit has got to stop,
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:02:08 AM EDT
[#5]
When the EEO officer contacted him he reminded the genius that dolls ARE NOT ALIVE. They do not really have feelings or emotions and they do not have a damned clue as to what is happening on the shelves around them. He offered to let the EEO officer come out and speak with the dollies and said he would be happy to address the concerns of any dolly that was upset.

Only a fellow Marine can have such a sense of humor.

Will the red legos be up set if the black legos are picked first?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:07:03 AM EDT
[#6]
1st Sgt was not as entertained as you might think. He is one funny bastard, the offer to the EEO guy was priceless.  I did find it rather entertaining that somebody was trying to tell a Marine how to stack his dollies.  When I stopped by, I offered to go ask the dolls how they felt, as an AF SNCO maybe I could sooth doll feelings better than a mean old Marine.  They seemed fine when I left.    It was funny but now there is needless bullshit and that is not funny.

It is sad that some people look for the bad in everything they do.  It puts a little tarnish on the blue suit when idiots wear it, I hate that.  These guys are a really diverse bunch and they do great things this time of year.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:30:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It puts a little tarnish on the blue suit when idiots wear it, I hate that.  

blue, red, green, squid colored......

there's idiots in every branch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top