Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2001 2:37:09 AM EDT
I don't like this crap. Another land grab. This one is being asked for by the STATE of NC no less! What if this passes? Will you be able to build a house without asking a "Pilot" (Heritage River) for permission first? What about cutting down trees or timber? Perhaps this is a precursor for creating an "international bio-sphere" out of the whole NC mountains. This crap has got to stop!

[url]http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/html2001/bills/AllVersions/House/H1271v2.html[/url]
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 2:52:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I think they're going to build that new UN detention camp there.
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 4:18:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 6:51:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Sustainable Development
Man and the Biosphere Program
UNESCO

Game Over.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 8:55:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Imbroglio
Game Over.
View Quote

Let them think that...
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 12:03:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't even sell my ar15 at a gun show, you must be an FFL dealer to be able to sell at gunshows, then i can't get my handgun permits because you need a character witness and if you're a college student with liberal friends who don't like guns then you can't get a handgun in the state of north carolina. this sucks.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 12:33:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I can't even sell my ar15 at a gun show, you must be an FFL dealer to be able to sell at gunshows,
View Quote

I think you are wrong there my friend.  If I'm not mistaken anyone can sell a firearm at a NC gunshow.

Quoted:
...then i can't get my handgun permits because you need a character witness and if you're a college student with liberal friends who don't like guns then you can't get a handgun in the state of north carolina. this sucks.
View Quote

Must be a county law.  I walk into my sheriff's office, pay $5 for a permit to exercise my Constitutional rights, and walk out with up to three permits at once.  What county are you in?
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 12:46:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Sad to see another state get wrecked by liberals.  You patriots in NC better get yourselves organized or you will end up like Maryland.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 4:06:21 PM EDT
[#9]
the gunshow thing must be county specific, i live in wake county, i can't just get a P.O box in another county, before you can pick up the permits, your driver's license MUST have the same address on the application, then you've to prove residency in that county, they need a phone or an electric bill, I finally applied in another county, took me 6 months to get it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 5:41:37 PM EDT
[#10]
In Colorado, they create more and more Wilderness Area. They say it is to help the wildlife. BS! I see more deer and beer in the suburbs of Denver than I ever see in the hills.
What the legislation really does is just make more criminals. Everybody just breaks the stupid rules.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top