Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2005 1:01:52 PM EDT
Do you use store brands or only name brands?  My ex-wife wouldn't buy anything store brand, had to have name brand, even for stuff that was obviously the same product, like aspirin or orange juice.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:03:01 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Do you use store brands or only name brands?  My ex-wife wouldn't buy anything store brand, had to have name brand, even for stuff that was obviously the same product, like aspirin or orange juice.

Aspirin...yes.
Anything else...it depends.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:04:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I buy almost everything store brand, it is cheaper and works/tastes the same.

Few exceptions:

Advil
NyQuil
Hellmann's mayonnaise
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:14:51 PM EDT
[#3]
for food it depends, sometimes it tastes different.

for medication and what not, always store brand. Hell you can look at the ingredients and 99.9% of the time its the exact same ingredients in the exact same amounts. You pay 4$ more for the pretty box!
Really you'd have to be a moron to buy name brand medication that is offered in a store brand.

For example right now on my desk I have a roll of Tums Ultra, and a bottle of equate antacid tablets.
Tums Active Ingredient: Calcium carbonate 1000mg.
Equate Active Ingredient: Calcium Carbonate 1000mg.
HORRY SHIT WHO'D HAVE THOUGHT!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top