Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2005 5:49:55 PM EDT
We had the gun confiscations of NOLA - now blocked by a Federal judge, and a  lawsuit is in progress to make amends to at least one person wronged by .gov

FEMA banned guns in it's trailer parks, and that has been suspended, and FEMA is looking at making sure they don't try that again

So, is there anything more we can DO right now to ensure this doesn't happen again?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#1]

If another such situation arose, good ol' .gov will take em' all over again.

The real question is; will anybody stand up to them and say MOLON LABE
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:57:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Won't slow 'em down a bit.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't give a fuck either way. Molon Labe.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:04:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You should - it will make a difference on your actions when you see .gov rolling up your street during a crisis
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:11:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Good to see Patricia Konie (Old lady crushed by Kalifornia State JBT on news camera) is getting her own back - Litigating the hell out of them now that she is out of the hospital.

Looks like Ashton O'Dwyer is getting a piece two. I hope they get multimillion dollar settlements.

Gun-confiscating bastards.  

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:12:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should - it will make a difference on your actions when you see .gov rolling up your street during a crisis

Some people will never get it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:14:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What are you talking about?   We both "get it"

WG isn't giving up his guns, regardless.   But .gov's attitude would dictate a change in tactics.

I don't think you "got it"
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:23:39 PM EDT
[#8]
The judge set a precedent with the motion against confiscation.

.gov won't try it again. Not to say a local municipality won't give it a whirl.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:37:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#10]
They'll try again sooner or later, remember the ultimate goal is our disarmament
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:00:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WG isn't giving up his guns, regardless.   But .gov's attitude would dictate a change in tactics.

No, I don't think he does. If we ignore what is going on in other states, then we can only blame ourselves when it eventually comes to where we live. We need to raise holy hell every time something like this happens, and not just say " I don't give a fuck either way".

You can pretend that somehow you will be immune by saying "come and take them" but when the SWAT team is outside your door, one way or another, you will be going down. The way to avoid this is to make it very costly for them to do this, in every way possible. Not by saying "I don't give a fuck."
That's exactly what they want you to do. Then they can take you down, one at a time.

You can say "Molon Labe" until you are blue in the face. If you don't DO something as well, you are just another ostrich with his head in the sand.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:05:56 PM EDT
[#12]
The gun grabbers will never stop until innocent people are defenseless
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#13]
The only lesson they've learned is make sure that there are no cameras around.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#14]
They'll try it again, by the time it clears up in the court the bans will have gone through their usefulness to the .gov already.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#15]
My option wasn't there.  I don't think the government particularly wants to go through that again, but bureacrats aren't exactly the brightest folk.  They'll do it again, get their ass handed to them again, blame someone else, and get promoted.  Its the cycle of government life.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:24:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

If it happens here?

Please see my sigline.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:31:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

No, I don't think he does. If we ignore what is going on in other states, then we can only blame ourselves when it eventually comes to where we live. We need to raise holy hell every time something like this happens, and not just say " I don't give a fuck either way".

You can pretend that somehow you will be immune by saying "come and take them" but when the SWAT team is outside your door, one way or another, you will be going down. The way to avoid this is to make it very costly for them to do this, in every way possible. Not by saying "I don't give a fuck."
That's exactly what they want you to do. Then they can take you down, one at a time.

You can say "Molon Labe" until you are blue in the face. If you don't DO something as well, you are just another ostrich with his head in the sand.

Okay, I'm on board with you.   That's why I said he needs to care, needs to pay attention.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Smoke and mirrors.

Not sure when or where but they'll do it again.

Molon Labe
I really think it will take civilians shooting to evoke enough conflict that this shit comes to an end.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:40:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I think next time that (1) it won't be announced publicly, (2) they will have some sworn JBTs doing it that don't object to taking away people's guns, and (3) the media will be held back to make sure they don't get it on tape.

I even wonder if they could get the Governor of the affected state to issue an executive order to put a little authority behind it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:49:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay, I'm on board with you.   That's why I said he needs to care, needs to pay attention.

Sorry if I came across the wrong way on that. I was just shcoked at how many how the gun-owning community were apathetic during the NOLA confiscation.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I hate to say it as it probly a COC violaton But ill take my chances.

Not enough people fought back agienst the confiscatiion..
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:56:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry if I came across the wrong way on that. I was just shcoked at how many how the gun-owning community were apathetic during the NOLA confiscation.

Who are we talking about here?

What was particularly onnerous about ti was the way they brought in out of town and out of state LEOs who seemed to perform their role with glee. Especially those from Kali. That is the impression I was left with anyway, though I know the NOLA PD were doing it also. From what I heard some of the NG did so and then were told to cease and desist? Is that correct?
It would be very interesting to hear from people who were actually there in this thread. W must have a few.

I think the day they try to pull this shit in a rural area is the day the shooting war starts.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:58:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I hate to say it as it probly a COC violaton But ill take my chances.

Not enough people fought back agienst the confiscatiion..

What exactly does that mean, cyrax?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:21:08 AM EDT
[#24]
So, is there anything more we can DO right now to ensure this doesn't happen again?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:27:03 AM EDT
[#25]
it's pretty sad when the vast majority of Americans can't trust the government that's supposed to be here for our protection  this nations government needs an enema..  and soon.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:48:38 AM EDT
[#26]
In answer to the topic title question and the blue question in the first post.

"No".

No Expert
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:12:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:53:30 AM EDT
[#28]
it'll happen agian and agian.....

everyone talks big  after  it all tho. molen labe ,dead hands,bullets 1st ect ecte ct.

as posted earlier, there just wasnt enuff folks to  "fight" back. when they came for them.
Anyone rember oneof the  arrest vids, or shoot outs  from NOLA.  The  "'crazy" guy that had to be brought out by a few hummers and swat teams.    the media......

"" A MENTALLY DERANGED MAN, was arrested to day after a 5 hour stand off with  NOLA pd and army guardsmen............""

""menatlly deranged man with assualt rifle holds off  NOLAPD.....""

see,, one at atime,,    guess what your not the brave patriot,,or hero,,or such,, your a nut case thats off your rocker!

unless a large groups stands up,puts their foot  down and says NO both VOCALLY and  with force  They will continue to walk over  our rights during times of crisis!
Be it with GUNS, h20,,curfews you name it!

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:01:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:03:43 AM EDT
[#30]
I can see it happening time and time again if citizens allow it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:45:02 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Im afraid to ask this but would somebody tell me what the hell "Molon Labe" means?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:06:43 AM EDT
[#32]
I was at ground zero of Rita.  The eye passed over me as we waited to reenter the city I work in.  We did not seize any guns for persons, we encouraged citizens to protect themselves and property.  The only weapons seized were ones discovered in a museum that had all the windows and doors blown out.  I seized the weapons so they would not be stolen by looters.  The museum is welcome to claim their weapons anytime they want.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:08:24 AM EDT
[#33]
No.

The .gov has not learned anything.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:09:18 AM EDT
[#34]
MasterSniper- go here...

http://www.thefiringline.com/HCI/molon_labe.htm
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:20:44 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, it's pretty clear you are new around here. I've done things at the front (of the war to keep our guns) that most people only have wet dreams about.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:21:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Our strength lies in NUMBERS. One guy by himself will be a "militant" or a "criminal" or a "whacko". He'll either be killed (with the sheeple applauding) or, if he scores a few hits downrage, get a ride on the needle of death. Sad but true.

You all think NOLA was bad? Let it be an epidemic needing quarantine of large areas of the country. Look the fuck out. Guns in the affected areas will be priority #1. After all, people with guns can shoot their way through a roadbock instead of quietly staying in place and "taking one for the team" as .gov would require.

With the possible exception of Ruby Ridge and the subsequent trials, any encounter with LEO's is generally regarded as follows: do what they say and comply, things will be sorted out later. If you don't, YOU are wrong, not them. Period.

So, with the above thinking in mind, look at it this way---it'd be pretty unlikely that 10,000 people would be prosecuted for resisting. But ONE guy? Toast.    
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:29:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Fellas, the way I look at it is this: One way or another, I'm going to do my best to find the right thing to do...and do it.

Whether or not other people jump on board is their business.

Sometimes all it takes is one guy to pick up the flag, wave it around, and show he has fortitude.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:38:50 AM EDT
[#38]
One more thing:

What people need to realize is this: The .gov hasn't got the resources to deal with mass/multiple issues all at once.

For Pete's sake, look at Katrina, people. Everybody KNEW the whirlwind was coming and STILL every level of government looked like the friggen Keystone Kops.

Bring it the fuck on, I say. I've been on the other side. I know how little backbone our leaders have. I've seen the house of cards they've built.

It's all a facade. We're MEANT to fear The Man (.gov), but He's just like the Wizard of Oz. He comes across as this all-knowing, all-powerful being but HE'S JUST A LITTLE FREAK PULLING STRINGS BEHIND THE SCENES.

Wake up, folks. Wake up.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:33:17 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats not the question. The question is, when someone does, will others that can get off their butt's and rally around him.

True.

That is the precise reason that I encourage everyone to get out and meet as many of their Hometown forum folks as possible.

Sure, it's great that you or someone else potentially would come to my aid all the way from Florida, but it's just not practical. We all need to find as many local folks as we can just in case it comes down to this one day.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:08:43 AM EDT
[#40]
I am making a list and checking it twice, we know how has been naughty and we know how has been nice.  When the soft war is over and the hard war begins, my rifle will be doing my talking so will my friends. We few. We happy few. For those who shed their blood with us today shall always be our Brothers.

"Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither"...Ben Franklin
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:19:16 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude, it's pretty clear you are new around here. I've done things at the front (of the war to keep our guns) that most people only have wet dreams about.

Not new. I'm not saying you did didn't. But you saying "I don't give a fuck either way" with reference to the NOLA confiscations doesn't leave much room for speculation. Perhaps you would like to explain what you meant by that, if not that you "Don't give a fuck either way".
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:26:29 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Not new. I'm not saying you did didn't. But you saying "I don't give a fuck either way" with reference to the NOLA confiscations doesn't leave much room for speculation. Perhaps you would like to explain what you meant by that, if not that you "Don't give a fuck either way".

Friend, all you need to do is read my other posts on this page.

In short, I don't worry about the future anymore. That's why "I don't give a fuck" what the .gov does. It's gonna do what it's gonna do. In return, I will do my part to seek what is right and do my best to follow through with whatever action I believe is warranted.

In the 90s, it meant being politically active. In the early 00s, it meant testifying before our legislative leaders in public hearings. I don't know the future, so I can only speculate what my participation might be down the road.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:37:15 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

When the news of the NOLA consfications first hit the media, and then just as quickly disappeared as the mainstream media realized it was not the hot story, but the hot potato that did not paint the preconceived image they wanted of LE involvement in the NOLA disaster, within hours I was one of the first if not the first to contact they NRA by telephone and email. At least they claimed they had not heard of this yet. The first notice they released on their website was based almost entirely on a news link to a New York Times article I sent them ( which shortly disappeared from the NYT site BTW).

For several days during the media blackout concerning this many on AR15.COM expressed skepticism, downright disbelief that such a thing could happen. So I started a massive thread with news images and video to convince doubters and galvanize support for organizations that could help, and for everyone to call their congressmen/senator and raise holy hell. many participated, in the end. But there were many who simply were of the opinion that "That won't happen in my state, who cares" . I don't recall names or handles, not my job to keep track of dissenters.

At work it was the same, many of my gun owning coworkers could have cared less if the JBTs came and took all the guns in NO, that would never happen in Texas. The people I am talking about here is everyone who did not lift a finger, call their congressmen, spread the news to everyone they knew at least by making mention of it. Those who watched and did nothing are as guilty as those who did the confiscating. But I still made sure everyone was aware and saw the evidence, and several came around and contacts their reps/senators.

In the end, there was an avalanche of support on AR15.COM, but there were only about 3 or 4 other gun owner's sites or forums that got up in arms. In the end, the NRA proved to be one of the strongest forces, proving litigation assistance and following up on the legal aspects, contacted gov't representatives concerning NOLA, and proving that they are in fact still the 800 lb gorrilla for gun owners. It just took a little prodding and convincing, but that's why we are here.

We can't just sit and watch these events happen, we have to at least try to inflluence the course of events any way we can, even if it is just a phone call or email. If we don't, the gungrabbers will rightly assume that we don't care enough to keep our guns.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:37:51 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Friend, all you need to do is read my other posts on this page.

In short, I don't worry about the future anymore. That's why "I don't give a fuck" what the .gov does. It's gonna do what it's gonna do. In return, I will do my part to seek what is right and do my best to follow through with whatever action I believe is warranted.

In the 90s, it meant being politically active. In the early 00s, it meant testifying before our legislative leaders in public hearings. I don't know the future, so I can only speculate what my participation might be down the road.

Then I misunderstood and I apologize.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:40:57 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Then I misunderstood and I apologize.

No problemo, friend.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:28:36 AM EDT
[#46]
You're always going to have petty government workers that will push their agendas.  Government jobs just attract those people.  The real problem is when they manage LEO's who don't have a problem breaking the law and stealing property.  Punish the LEO's for what they do wrong ("just following orders" is not a valid defense for breaking the law), and the government employees will no longer be able to do these sort of things.z
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:35:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Until the officials responsible are jailed for their crimes against the people, officials in similiar situations will not hesitate to give the confiscation order.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:28:59 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

When the news of the NOLA consfications first hit the media, and then just as quickly disappeared as the mainstream media realized it was not the hot story, but the hot potato that did not paint the preconceived image they wanted of LE involvement in the NOLA disaster, within hours I was one of the first if not the first to contact they NRA by telephone and email. At least they claimed they had not heard of this yet. The first notice they released on their website was based almost entirely on a news link to a New York Times article I sent them ( which shortly disappeared from the NYT site BTW).

For several days during the media blackout concerning this many on AR15.COM expressed skepticism, downright disbelief that such a thing could happen. So I started a massive thread with news images and video to convince doubters and galvanize support for organizations that could help, and for everyone to call their congressmen/senator and raise holy hell. many participated, in the end. But there were many who simply were of the opinion that "That won't happen in my state, who cares" . I don't recall names or handles, not my job to keep track of dissenters.

At work it was the same, many of my gun owning coworkers could have cared less if the JBTs came and took all the guns in NO, that would never happen in Texas. The people I am talking about here is everyone who did not lift a finger, call their congressmen, spread the news to everyone they knew at least by making mention of it. Those who watched and did nothing are as guilty as those who did the confiscating. But I still made sure everyone was aware and saw the evidence, and several came around and contacts their reps/senators.

In the end, there was an avalanche of support on AR15.COM, but there were only about 3 or 4 other gun owner's sites or forums that got up in arms. In the end, the NRA proved to be one of the strongest forces, proving litigation assistance and following up on the legal aspects, contacted gov't representatives concerning NOLA, and proving that they are in fact still the 800 lb gorrilla for gun owners. It just took a little prodding and convincing, but that's why we are here.

We can't just sit and watch these events happen, we have to at least try to inflluence the course of events any way we can, even if it is just a phone call or email. If we don't, the gungrabbers will rightly assume that we don't care enough to keep our guns.

Agreed.

I guess I just didn't see that. Seemed like most all were quite irate about the whole thing. Only a few socialists and JBTs seemed to think it was okay. We really have to remember that there are people here for no other reason to stir up shit and sow dissent. Divide and conquer.

We should all remember that there are people here who are our enemies and act accordingly. Just as folks here go trolling at DU, we have those who have come here with the same purpose in mind. Some of them are a little more adept at amintaining their subterfuge but all eventually show their true colors.

Most definitely we started getting hit with most of these in the summer of 2004 during the time leading up to the elections. This has continued over the past year and a half, much to the glee of our older JBTs/Neofascists/Socialists.

We really have to be able to identify these people and take their opinion for what it's worth which is mostly nothing.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:35:04 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Fellas, the way I look at it is this: One way or another, I'm going to do my best to find the right thing to do...and do it.

Whether or not other people jump on board is their business.

Sometimes all it takes is one guy to pick up the flag, wave it around, and show he has fortitude.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top