Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:14:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Movie is hilarious... You need to watch it more than once...Funny for me because I went to school with poeple like that... There were a couple dead ringers for Beavis and Butthead as well...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:36:04 PM EDT
[#2]
what..... Im suprised nobody has mentioned "rex kwon Do"
That part had me laughing. Also the part where Uncle Rico says he could throw a football over the mountains.......hehehe
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:32:22 PM EDT
[#3]
"I caught you a delicious bass."

I saw it for the first time last night.  While I'd probably have a hard time watching it a dozen times, it's now on my list of favorite flicks.

"Sorry I'm late, I just got done taming a wild honeymoon stallion for you guys."
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:45:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I liked how the uncle banged all the housewives in town..

It had it's moments, but I don't think I'll sit through it again.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:48:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I liked how the uncle banged all the housewives in town..

It had it's moments, but I don't think I'll sit through it again.

he did?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#6]
One of the best movies ever made. "Man, back in highschool, I could throw a football a quarter mile".
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:27:02 PM EDT
[#7]
most retarded movie ever... i didnt even make it thru the whole thing
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:27:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Never seen it, heard it sucked for trusted sources.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:30:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Could be worse...you could have watched "40 year old Virgin"

Dude, that movie was HILARIOUS!

I saw it today and have never laughed so hard in my life.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:49:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You should see it anyways, it's one of those movies that you have to see and make the judgement for yourself.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:04:01 PM EDT
[#11]
If you dont get this movie.......then you are the Napoleon of your school.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:20:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Napoleon, dont be mad because Ive been chatting online with babes all day...

I think my relation is getting serious we chat a few hours each day.

You know I'm going to a cage figter.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:24:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Your friends are probably dumb/unable to understand the movie. You absolutly cannot treat this movie like most other movies.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:37:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Pedro: "Well, when I came home from school my head started to get really hot. So I drank some cold water, but it didn't do nothing. So I laid in the bathtub for a while, but then I realized that it was my hair that was making my head hot. So I went into my kitchen and I shaved it all off. "

Pedro: "Vote for me, and all your wildest dreams will come true."

Napoleon: "...you have a sweet bike. And you're really good at hooking up with chicks. Plus you're like the only guy at school who has a mustache."

Don:"Hey, Napoleon. What did you do last summer again?"
Napoleon Dynamite:" I told you! I spent it with my uncle in Alaska hunting wolverines!"
Don: "Did you shoot any? "
Napoleon Dynamite: "Yes, like 50 of 'em! They kept trying to attack my cousins, what the heck would you do in a situation like that?"
Don: "What kind of gun did you use? "
Napoleon Dynamite: "A freakin' 12-gauge, what do you think? "

Napoleon: "You know, there's like a butt-load of gangs at this school. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bo staff."

Napoleon: " Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. "

wow, if thats the extent of humor then I'm glad I haven't wasted any hours of my life watching it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:41:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Watch it again........it gets funnier and funnier the more you watch it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:44:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I like dumb moves but I thought it sucked.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:09:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I grew up in Southeast Idaho and knew people from Preston.  It nails some of the rural characters, and I thought it was overall a funny show.

The farmer shooting the cow is my favorite.

Now I'm going to wear my critic hat:

It had some serious pacing problems at times, making the movie drag in spots.
There were numerous missed opportunities for humor.
Stereotypes don't have to be written/played/directed so heavy-handed.  Will Ferrell and Ben Stiller are good examples.  They play outrageous stereotyped characters, but clearly believe in them so much that the characters come to life.  ND felt a little wooden to me.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:20:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Its a classic!  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:26:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I grew up in Southeast Idaho and knew people from Preston.  It nails some of the rural characters, and I thought it was overall a funny show.

Stereotypes don't have to be written/played/directed so heavy-handed.  Will Ferrell and Ben Stiller are good examples.  They play outrageous stereotyped characters, but clearly believe in them so much that the characters come to life.  ND felt a little wooden to me.

the woodeness was also part of the charm.  Made it seem surreal.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:30:06 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I lived in Ogden when it came out. I stopped to gas up in Preston on a motorcycle ride, saw all this "Vote for Pedro" on everything and thought WTF?  It was quite a while later that I finally was bored enough to watch the movie, on HBO. It's extremely stupid, but it's also very funny.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:34:48 PM EDT
[#21]
You guys need to shut up and make yourselves some dang quesadillas.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:37:47 PM EDT
[#22]
though i didn't particularly enjoy the movie, it was worth the time i invested for one thing...

REX KWAN DO

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:23:21 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Good point; that is really more of an artistic decision on the part of the production team.  It grew on me after several watchings.  That's probably one of the reasons folks generally love or hate the show.

Also, Starla must have had a Y chromosome or at least some veterinary-grade steroids.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:32:39 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good point; that is really more of an artistic decision on the part of the production team.  It grew on me after several watchings.  That's probably one of the reasons folks generally love or hate the show.

Also, Starla must have had a Y chromosome or at least some veterinary-grade steroids.

Starla is a woman. The person her plays her character is a professional female bodybuilder.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:37:20 AM EDT
[#25]
WAIT! I forgot to add the crystals...
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:37:43 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Starla is a woman. The person her plays her character is a professional female bodybuilder.

Fair enough.  I've known enough bodybuilders to still suspect some performance-enhancing stuff.  If not, good for her!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:41:36 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Dumbest fucking movie I've ever seen.  I want that hour and a half a all those brain cells back.

I thought it was a good flick not along the lines of says Revenge of the Nerds 1, Caddy Shack,  but still a good watch. I guess I’m a looser
But then I couldn’t watch 10 mins of the movie Waiting to Exhale before I got up crapped in my pants and walked out of the cinema. I guess I’m back to normal, please don’t bring up the Airplane series of movies!

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:44:02 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dumbest fucking movie I've ever seen.  I want that hour and a half a all those brain cells back.

I thought it was a good flick not along the lines of says Revenge of the Nerds 1, Caddy Shack,  but still a good watch. I guess I’m a looser
But then I couldn’t watch 10 mins of the movie Waiting to Exhale before I got up crapped in my pants and walked out of the cinema. I guess I’m back to normal, please don’t bring up the Airplane series of movies!

How loose are you???

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:55:53 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
WAIT! I forgot to add the crystals...

I forgot that part!

This *&%*&^ thing doesn't work!

"I coulda told ya that!"
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:46:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Dynabump

"hhhhhhhhh  IDIOTS"
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:51:41 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Movie is hilarious... You need to watch it more than once...Funny for me because I went to school with poeple like that... There were a couple dead ringers for Beavis and Butthead as well...

+1 thats what struck me as so funny i went to school with multple people like that
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:53:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Napoleon Dynamite is the only movie so stupid, boring, and pointless that I walked out in the middle of it. I mean, I even watched Hell Comes to Frog Town, for pete's sake.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:04:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
That movie was not made for anyone capable of rational thought.

I was actually told by someone who absolutely loves that movie that the reason I hated it was because I am too smart.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#35]
That movie is made to be watched drunk or high!  It's pretty lame....I think if I was 14 I would have liked it better.  

It's pretty much a nerd documentary.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:04:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Waste of talent.  They shoulda put me in the game.  We woulda won.  We'd of gone to state.  I'd get a scholarship, go pro and meet my soul mate.  Yea, waste of talent.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:45:36 AM EDT
[#37]
"bow to your sensei!!"

funny movie......got the DVD for Christmas
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Vote for Pedro.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#39]
I liked it the 1st time but the 2nd time I watched it, it didn't do anything for me.

The silliness of the movie lies in the fact that all the characters "think" they're cool in their own way.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:05:47 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Man, if you laughed at the dumbness in that, you belong in the sequel.

Boy, I bet YOU'RE a barrel of fun at parties.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:14:18 AM EDT
[#41]
I thought it was pretty funny.

* "I'm Rex, founder of the Rex Kwon Do self-defense system! After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man."
   * "Bow to your sensei!, BOW TO YOUR SENSEI!"
   * "At Rex Kwon Do, we use the buddy system. No more flying solo. You need somebody watching your back at all times. Second off, you're gonna learn to discipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan over here?" (gestures toward Napoleon)
   * "Take a look at what I'm wearing, people (in sunglasses and matching american flag pants and bandana). You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it! Last off, my students will learn about self respect. You think anybody thinks I'm a failure because I go home to Starla at night? Forget about it!"

I guess I have no rational thought and belong in the sequel

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:34:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:37:15 AM EDT
[#43]
The coolest thing about that movie is that it cost about 200K to make and grossed a bizzillion $$$$$$.

Oh by the way, "I'm training to be a cage fighter"
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:46:12 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Rex Kwon Do was my favorite part of that movie.  The first time I watched it I didn't much care for it.  A weekend sick in bed with HBO running that damned movie 5 times a day cured me of that.  It is still funny and I have seen it maybe 10 times now.

Me too. That, and the part when the old farmer shoots the cow as the school bus is going by
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:50:26 AM EDT
[#45]
BUT MY LIPS HURT REAL BAD!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:55:22 AM EDT
[#46]
I guess this makes me worry about gettin old. I just turned the big 3 0 2 days ago.

But I LOVE quirky, weird movies. I WAS the nerd in high school. Hell - I even had a D&D character NAMED LIGER (I saw a liger at a circus).

But that movie SUCKED. It had a few humorous bits, but over all it was slow, and retarded.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:56:24 AM EDT
[#47]

Originally Posted By ZULU NINER:
I thought it was funny as hell.  The "dumbness" was the point.

Vote for Pedro...

+1

sheesh, lighten up francis
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:58:43 AM EDT
[#48]
I usually love pointless dumb ass humor...but I couldn't finish that movie.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:09:08 PM EDT
[#49]
It reminded me of a place I lived.  I loved it.  It had a lot of understated character comedy.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:19:17 PM EDT
[#50]
I am glad to see so many people here hated it.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top