Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2001 7:35:10 PM EDT
Went to walmart with the wife tonight to load up on clay pigeons for our shoot Sunday, while I'm there I asked the guy working the counter for some .357 sig. ammo. He looks through his stacks of ammo and turns with a puzzled look and asks "what does sig. stand for??"[spank] in a tone that implied I was jerking his chain. I told him it stood for Sig-sauer the swiss firearms company who designed the round for their pistols.  The look on his face was priceless, like a deer in the headlights!!  All I could do was turn around and try not to laugh when I caught sight of my wife trying not to giggle too. I don't expect everyone to know everything, but if you are going to work a firearms counter at least know the basics. The .357 sig round has enough popularity to at least be known.  

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 7:37:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 8:03:33 PM EDT
[#2]
He probably did, if so I'd hate to see the "novice in training firearms expert"!!

This is the same mental midget that showed me a semi-auto shotgun, I asked him if it would cycle light target loads like 7 shot, his reply was "no, these shoots 12 gauge"  unbelievable.

I guess I'll only be going to the local gun shops now, it may cost more but at least I can help keep them in buisness and that's a small price to pay for an informed sales person.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 9:04:30 PM EDT
[#3]
What do you expect, the guy is making minimum wage trying to earn money for beer and condoms. If you expect knowledgable people go to your favorite gun store. If he doesn't ask questions, how is he going to learn?
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 9:45:17 PM EDT
[#4]
And that is what you get for shopping at Wal-Mart..... where is Sportsman Supply when I need him.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 10:39:01 PM EDT
[#5]
                [img]http://www.doodie.com/pics/happyface2.gif.05302001 [/img]
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 10:42:53 PM EDT
[#6]
WTF is that!  Looks like somebody was elected King of his Colon.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 10:46:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I was unaware that Wally sold .357 Sig.....well, at least not my local store.

No bother to me..... I have 500 Sig brass to load.  Perks of having a friend who runs a range.

Yup, I would beleive any story that involves a department store.  Espacially Walmart.  I do know one thing, they don't have 38 Super there.

Link Posted: 8/3/2001 10:52:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I wonder if Walmart would hire me because I know stuff?
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 10:58:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I wonder if Walmart would hire me because I know stuff?
View Quote

Ya but, do you know Jack Schidt?
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 3:03:21 AM EDT
[#10]
My wife claims she married Jack Schidt
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 3:22:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Who is Jack Schitt?

The lineage is finally revealed.  Many people are at a loss for a response when
someone says "You don't know Jack Schitt".  Now you can intellectually handle
the situation.

Jack is the only son of Ahw Schitt and O.  Schitt.  Ahw Schitt, the fertilizer
magnate, married O.  Schitt, the owner of NeeDeep N.  Schitt Inc.  They had one
son, Jack.

In turn, Jack Schitt married Noe Schitt, and the deeply religious coule produced
6 children.  Holie Schitt, Fulla Schitt, Giva Schitt, Bull Schitt and the twins
- Deap Schitt and Dip Schitt.

Against her parents objections, Deap Schitt married Dumb Schitt, a high school
drop out.  However, after being married 15 years, Jack and Noe divorced.

Noe Schitt later married Ted Sherlock and, because her kits were living with
them, she wanted to keep her previous name.  She was then known as Noe
Schitt-Sherlock.

Meanwhile, Dip Shit married Loda Schitt and produced a son of nervous
disposition, Chicken Schitt.  Two other of the 6 children, Fulla Schitt and Giva
Schitt were inseparable throughout childhood and subsequently married the
Happens brothers in a dual ceremony.  The wedding announcement in the newspaper
read - "the Schitt-Happens Wedding"!

The Schitt-Happens children were Dawg, Byrd and Hoarse.  Bull Schitt the
prodigal son, left home to tour the world.  He recently returned from Italy with
his new Italian bride - Pisa Schitt.

So, now when someone says "You don't know Jack Schitt", you can correct them
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 3:30:33 AM EDT
[#12]
I used to work in the sporting goods dept. when I worked at Wally World.  I know that they hire mostly mouth breathers (stand there with their mouth open wasting air) but you would not believe the stories I've heard.  Here are two good ones:

1) Guy was boar hunting.  Saw a nice one 150+ yards away.  Darn thing kept on moving back and forth behind a big ol' oak tree.  Well it was starting to get dark and this was the biggest boar he had ever seen, so he takes his trusty NEF 45-70 and [b]SHOOTS THROUGH THE OAK TREE!![/b] Gets him a beautiful boar that just drops with a single shot.

2) I was selling a very knowledgeable customer a Remington 700 or Winchester Model 70 (can't remember which one).  Nice target/varmint gun.  Dumbass walks up and says:

Dumbass- "I wouldn't buy that if I were you.  I had one with a real nice Leupold scope and everything but I got rid of it."

Customer- "How come?"

Dumbass- "Well I was out at the range and was shootin 300 yards.  Couldn't hit anything with that POS.  So I took my Marlin 30-30 with iron sights and put 5 shots through the size of one of them price tags."

[i][b] Mind you he was referring to the small stick on tags, about 1/2" by 1/2".[/i][/b]

Customer- In a very believing tone-"[b]WOW[/b], you should hang on to that 30-30, she sounds like a keeper."

Dumbass- "Well I had to let her go to pay some bills, but the next gun I get will be another Marlin 30-30."

You would be surprised on how well I'm able to keep a straight face in the presence of a dip shit.
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 5:34:12 AM EDT
[#13]
I was in a privately owned gun shop ahile ago that had an owner that I had been told was alittle odd. Nice enough guy, polite, knowledgeable, helpful...odd, YOU BET! I was in there looking at an 8" stainless Dan Wesson in 44mag. We talked about the gun for a minute and he takes it out of the case, looks toward another wall and takes a two fisted "Dirty Hairy" stance and goes "Kaboom, Kaboom" also including the fake "full recoil" of the gun. The while still looking down the sights of the gun he goes "ya, that's the sound this baby would make." I was like  Ahh...Ya, I bet it would and left soon after. Me doing that in my home is one thing, the guy SELLING them to people is another! I think he was a frie short of a full happy meal.  :)
Nice guy though,
BrenLover
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top