BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2001 7:19:27 PM EDT
Gotta keep supporting this show.
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 12:18:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 1:23:49 AM EDT
[#2]
i so much wanted to see last saturdays show ! with ipsc tips from leatham. tnn gave me arena football. bummer.
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 5:47:41 AM EDT
[#3]
[url]www.americanshooter.com[/url]
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 6:47:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Lets hope we don't get another load of arena football.
View Quote

Arena football is the worst. Does anyone actually watch that crap.

Aug 4th--
The Guns of War

An American Shooter Special looking back to the arms of World War Two, carried by our Grandfathers and Fathers to preserve our freedoms.

60 years ago the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor forced America into the Second World War. What we had in our arsenals were small arms left from the trench warfare of the First Great War,  the '03 Springfield and the 1911 sidearm.  And there was that new rifle, created by John Garand and adopted just 5 years before Pearl Harbor.

Then there were the full-auto solutions, as greater firepower became the deciding factor in European battles and in the Pacific. The designs of Browning and Thompson would play a deciding roll in the war.

There were new guns, designed, tested and rushed into production in record time.  There would be a low cost replacement for the Thompson submachine gun and a new carbine intended for clerks, drivers and tankers; that would become a front line star in full-auto configuration.

And there were the oddities of wartime, the disposable Liberator produced faster than it could be loaded to fire; and the two other solutions that were never the first choice of the Ordinance Department of the Army, the Reising and the Johnson.

It's an American Shooter special event recalling the historic guns that defeated the Axis war machine.

Link Posted: 8/4/2001 9:31:05 AM EDT
[#5]
BTT

ON IN A FEW MINUTES!!!

Link Posted: 8/4/2001 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 2:41:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Figures,  I read this hours after it was on.  I must have Imbro's luck.

Link Posted: 8/4/2001 4:00:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got to say Jim, with all this focus on these twentieth century military rifles on today's show, especially the M1 Garand, owners of these who want to sell are probably smiling from ear to ear.

Anyone who saw this show is likely thinking about getting one of these rifles and the dealers will be happy that you made more nonowners salivate.[:P]

It was a great show by the way, and went faster than any of the American Shooter shows I've seen.  I didn't even miss not seeing any of the other segments of the show.

I remember seeing one of your "Great Guns" segements a couple of years ago on the Johnson rifle and as hard as they are to find (and expensive too) I WANT ONE!  Keep up the good work and don't be afraid to change the shows format once in awhile like you did today.
Regards, Doug
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 4:16:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Jim Scoutten:
OK, So how did you like our special?

Jim Scoutten
View Quote
Is it going to be rebroadcast anytime soon?  I read about it after it was over.
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 4:27:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 4:59:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 5:04:52 PM EDT
[#12]
How much do original Reisings cost?
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Great show today.  Everytime I see you shoot one of those I grow a little more jealous.  I have to get one of those!  The veteran talking about his use of the Thompson was great, and I always love hearing about the odd guns like the Rising and the Liberator.

BTW, last weeks show was also great.  I might have to dive down to Columbia a visit next year.
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Jim,
    While I love your show, It's hard for me to get past all of the advertising for the sell-outs Smith & Wesson.  I would really love to see a special on Heckler & Koch, with much emphasis on the MP-5 line.
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks Jim for the great shows. Man, What a job. Testing cars and guns must be tiring. What do YOU do for hobbies if that is your work?

How about some story ideas for Jim.

* "History of H&K guns"
* "The man behind the Glock"
* "Shotguns in combat"
* "The Bushmaster story"
* "The future of the American combat rifle"
* "The life and times of Col. Jeff Cooper"
* "Ruger 10/22 Hot Rodding"
* "The $150 Surplus rifle shoot off"
* "Three Gun match coverage"
* "GSSF match coverage"
* "50 Cal. Long range match"

What can you come up with!!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#16]
[:0]
ADs with 30-06 bad, really bad!  Especially when the rifle isn't shouldered.
That M1 Garand is looking better every day.
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 6:21:12 PM EDT
[#17]
I only got to see up to the Garand part because the corned beef hash I ate for breakfast started it's own war!

I would like to see a show about unusual guns.  For example ones composed of exotic materials (like titanium and scandium) and segements on the gyrojet and tround.
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 7:38:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Okay Jim, how a complete history of ArmaLite, from the original division of Fairchild, through it's various incarnations, and concluding with the modern day ArmaLite.  Apparently, your show is somewhat like 'Tales of the Gun' from what I am reading here.  Since they no longer make any new 'Tales of the Gun' episodes, maybe you can take up where they left off.  Unfortunately, I have not seen your show, mainly because I did not know about it.  Until recently, I have paid no attention to TNN.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 7:47:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Great episode. It said the cyclic rate of the reising was about 500 rounds per min. It sounded much faster than that.  I suppose it may have just been a distinctive sound.
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 7:52:49 PM EDT
[#21]
BTW Jim,

Just had to ask.  What were the circumstances of the third AD?
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 6:02:59 AM EDT
[#22]
BTT[:)]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 8:08:52 AM EDT
[#23]
hmmmmmm.... I wonder if it was in the direction of the TNN scheduling director
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 9:28:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 9:35:18 AM EDT
[#25]
A great show. VCR running now. Will arena football never die?
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 9:59:21 AM EDT
[#26]
He did a couple of minutes on the Barrett .50's.
Showed him firing the single shot and the semi auto. Gave a retail price for both. Otherwise nothing real informative more or less a product demonstration.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 10:30:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 10:32:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 10:44:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Another good segment with Rob and the Mundens also.
Thanks to The NATIONAL Network.[;D]
What's this world coming to if we lose a show like this?[:(]
Where are you guys when Jim needs you?

BTW, missed the first segment because the cable was out on ONE channel, THE TNN CHANNEL!  You'd almost think it was some sort of conspiracy.

(Edited 'cause I didn't finish)
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 1:20:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Figures,  I read this hours after it was on.  I must have Imbro's luck.

View Quote

....Ditto   [:(]

Spent the day at Leesport PA Gun show drooling on guns I can't afford. [:)]
....mmmmmmmm AR-10.....  
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 2:47:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Damn!! I forgot!
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 2:58:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Yeah I'm just now reading this too! (6:53PM EST) well I hope the website has a schedule for the show, I will download,print and tape it to the TV set. How's that for KISS?
TF

PS
OK now I got it!
1:30PM EST
1:30PM EST
I am now writing this in crayon (no sharp objects in here) well really it's the only thing the grandkids left to write with!
TF
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top