Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2005 5:57:58 PM EDT
Are made in China!!  

What do we still make in America?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind did you get? My steel-toed Acadias have a nice "Made in USA" tags...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Mine too?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:01:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Real Danners are made in Oregon!!

Don't expect the water proofing to last more than 4 months.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:02:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Workman GTX 8"

I guess I should have bought another pair of Rainforest.  I know they are still made in Portland OR.

Workman
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:03:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

My China Danners are 6 years old and still waterproof.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You must not use your boots for much other than geocery getting.

My first pair of made in Oregon Super Rain Forests the water proofing only lasted three months. I was sent a replacement pair of boots which the water proofing only lasted four months. This was with bi-weekly cleaning and using the spray bottle water proofing stuff.

This is not BS, this is first hand experience.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:14:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My first pair of made in Oregon Super Rain Forests the water proofing only lasted three months. I was sent a replacement pair of boots which the water proofing only lasted four months. This was with bi-weekly cleaning and using the spray bottle water proofing stuff.

I wear these almost everyday and my soles are almost gone. I only use the Danner boot dressing. Maybe the spray is screwing up the Goretex lining.
Maybe I don't beat the crap out if them but lots of fishing and hunting.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:14:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Some Danners are made in China, some in the US.

US ones are better. I have a pair
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:15:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I agree the water-proofing  only lasts about 3 or 4 months for me as well.  Of course I'm lucky if I can make the whole boot last two years.  I guess farming is hard on them.

Still, had I known that these were made in China, I would of either bought a pair of Rainforest or a pair of China made Georgia's for 2/3 or less the price.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:27:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wear these almost everyday and my soles are almost gone. I only use the Danner boot dressing. Maybe the spray is screwing up the Goretex lining.

I cleaned, polished, and water proofed, all with Danner brand products and as per Danner's recommendations.

If you like dry feet don't buy these boots.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Are made in China!!  

Mexicans....

HS
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:46:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I cleaned, polished, and water proofed, all with Danner brand products and as per Danner's recommendations.

If you like dry feet don't buy these boots.

I gotta side w/ Twonami on this one, I have two pair of Danners.  One pair is 6 years old the other is approaching 4 years old.  Best boots I've ever owned, and I've owned plenty...and they're worn 10+ hours a day in all conditions, year-round (not grocery getters).

I'm not disputing your experience, but I've never treated mine with anything and they're still waterproof.  And to try to stay on topic, mine are MADE IN USA!!!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:52:09 AM EDT
[#14]
You gotta love Danners advertising though, clicked on the link for workman and it brings you to a pic of a white guy making the boots. Leaving one to assume they are handmade by an American worker .
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:00:53 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Are made in China!!  

Mexicans....

HS

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:02:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Mexican babies!

DOH! I need to learn to read the whole thread...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:04:03 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Are made in China!!  

Kids?? At least mine were.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:06:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Super Rain Forests are the shit. I'm on my 2nd pair, 3rd pair of danners total........average 5 yrs per pair before they wear out for me. Absolute best bang for the buck in my book, and comfy too!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:08:25 AM EDT
[#19]
That's funny.  I just got a pair of Journeyman II's and I thought I was the only one pissed off that they were made in China.

I've never had a pair of goretex boots that worked as advertised anyway, and I've had several brands including made in USA, so I give up.

My daily work boots are Magnums....dunno what it is about them but they're really comfortable and steel toed so they've worked out well for me (I'm an industrial mechanic).
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:10:11 AM EDT
[#20]
I have had one pair of US made Arcadias for six years.  They are waterproof, durable and are wonderfully comfortable.

I bought another pair of Danners last year.  After I got them, I found out they were made in China.  They are still waterproof, but not as comfortable.  They will problably not last more than a year or two.  They are not in the same league as the Arcadias.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:12:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Whats wrong with WalMart China produkts?

Its Bush Walmarts fault!

Ban ChinaMart WalMart for the kids !
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:43:51 AM EDT
[#22]
www.limmerboot.com
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:26:52 PM EDT
[#23]
I wear Danners exclusively, the 8" Rainforest Uninsulated (in brown, if you really want to know).  I get about 2 years out of a pair, but I keep 2 pairs going so I can alternate.

I'm a forester, work in the piedmont & mountains of NC.  Been doing this for about 16 years now.

I have never had a type of boot give me such good wear and comfort as the Rainforest.  Sure, I get leaks, but they're usually at the crease at the ball of your foot, and only after 12-18 months of wear.

Rocky plain ole' sucks.
Redwings used to be good but now they suck.
White's are good but I don't need logger heels nor am I smoke jumping.

I use Nikwax pretty much exclusively for conditioning the leather.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top