Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/19/2005 2:07:36 PM EDT
I got my first DVR a few days ago and I have a few questions that I thought the hive mind could help me with:

1) Is the quality different between the tape and a memory card?
2) Also, why do my movies look stretched horizontally when I replay them using Quicktime, Media Player, etc..

Any other tips that you could give a newb would be appreciated as well.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:39:26 PM EDT
What make & model did you get?

In my camera the video data is stored digitally so, no, there is no difference between that stored on the DV tape and my (SD) card. I always save the (SD) card for still photos. Did you run out of tape or something? Why put video on the card?

I do not know anything intelligent about your second question. Mine does not do what you are describing.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:00:14 PM EDT
I have a Samsung D355. If you notice no difference in quality, I will just use the tape. I noticed that the memory card does not hold much movie length anyways. Also, what editing software do you use? Is there a good freebie out there? The software that came with it is not very user-friendly.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:52:45 PM EDT
My camera is a Panasonic PV-GS400. It's a nice 3CCD camera with a large LCD screen and also has a 4 megapixel still camera built in that really works. I'll go research your Samsung's specs.

I use the Panasonic software to capture the video. I don't know why, it just works so I use it.

I edit video with SONY Vegas 5.0. The sound editting I do is done with SONY Sound Forge.

I create the DVD (chapters, appearance, etc.) with SONY DVD Architect.

I got these as a bundle off eBay for about $100. They were legitimate copies, as I registered them with SONY and have had no trouble (I was worried due to the ultra low price I bid).
Top Top