Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2005 8:43:58 AM EDT
H.R.1751
Secure Access to Justice and Court Protection Act of 2005 (Engrossed as Agreed to or Passed by House)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEC. 28. AUTHORITY OF FEDERAL JUDGES AND PROSECUTORS TO CARRY FIREARMS.

(a) In General- Chapter 203 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by inserting after section 3053 the following:

`Sec. 3054. Authority of Federal judges and prosecutors to carry firearms

`Any justice of the United States or judge of the United States (as defined in section 451 of title 28), any judge of a court created under article I of the United States Constitution, any bankruptcy judge, any magistrate judge, any United States attorney, and any other officer or employee of the Department of Justice whose duties include representing the United States in a court of law, may carry firearms, subject to such regulations as the Attorney General shall prescribe. Such regulations shall provide for training and regular certification in the use of firearms and shall, with respect to justices, judges, bankruptcy judges, and magistrate judges, be prescribed after consultation with the Judicial Conference of the United States.'.

(b) Clerical Amendment- The table of sections for such chapter is amended by inserting after the item relating to section 3053 the following:

`3054. Authority of Federal judges and prosecutors to carry firearms.'.
Passed the House of Representatives November 9, 2005.

Attest:

Clerk.

THOMAS Home | Contact | Accessibility | Legal | FirstGov
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:47:22 AM EDT
[#1]
'Bout time.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:48:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Judges in Calif get automtic CCWs, I saw Judge Lance Ito of OJ Simpson fame at the local range where I shoot a couple of times.  A Short fellow.  The range sells various knick knacks for guns such as holster, cleaning equipment, and knives. The judge was examining some knives at that time.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:49:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd like to be special too.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:51:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
'Bout time.

?????

Screw that.

Any of them that DO carry, but would vote against a national right to carry should be shot.

Sorry, but I'm pissed that my State allows carry, but our local county sherrif has the power to say no.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:52:45 AM EDT
[#5]
So now my only chance in Illinois is to go Juddge.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:54:43 AM EDT
[#6]

the ironic part being that the reasoning behind this is probably something to the effect of: "...to use the second amendment to protect us against all the right-wing lunatics that are mad for us voting against the second amendment."

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:55:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:56:20 AM EDT
[#8]
well aren't they just speshul
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:57:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, just what we needed.  Another way to privelege lawyers above the peasantry.

What do you call a lawyer with an IQ of 70?   "Your Honor."
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:09:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:07:14 AM EDT
[#11]
The classing of the "gun haves" and "have nots" continues.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:10:13 AM EDT
[#12]
I hope they have to go through all the manditory training they send people in some states through before they can get a CWP, if at all..

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:16:23 AM EDT
[#13]
How does all of this affect JUDGE JUDY?????  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:36:30 AM EDT
[#14]
All Fed'l employees from FBI to IRS to FDA can carry, including on planes.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:41:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Judges in Calif get automtic CCWs, I saw Judge Lance Ito of OJ Simpson fame at the local range where I shoot a couple of times.  A Short fellow.  The range sells various knick knacks for guns such as holster, cleaning equipment, and knives. The judge was examining some knives at that time.

They still have to apply, got a friend that's a judge,  had a few death threats and had to apply to get his CCW.  Obviously it's pretty much shall issue and damn near instant.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:13:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

yup, the rich and powerful gain ground yet again..
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:44:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Where are you getting this info from?

I smell BS
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:45:07 PM EDT
[#18]
More SPECIAL PEOPLE  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:47:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
More SPECIAL PEOPLE  

Cheer up bud, I think your plenty special.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:51:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
More SPECIAL PEOPLE  

Cheer up bud, I think your plenty special.

Strait from the horses mouth.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:53:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yup, the rich and powerful gain ground yet again..

All the more reason to strive to be rich & powerfull.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:58:23 PM EDT
[#22]
if they're granted the right to carry, they'll be less likely to help out the general populace for ccw.

"screw them, I've got mine!"
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:21:04 PM EDT
[#23]
I was under the impression federal judges always had that right.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:29:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

ALL Federal employees cannot carry, especially on a plane!  My father is a DoD civilian Police Officer, and he had to check his duty weapon for his flight to Gylnco's FLETC.  And generally only fed employees in enforcement position are able to carry firearms.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:32:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
How does all of this affect JUDGE JUDY?????  

Same as Judge Wapner, I'd say.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:32:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Same as it has always been since the beginning I'm afraid. This has always been an aristocratic republic, not a true democracy. How many of our founding fathers were rank and file citizens?
Not many. Most were wealthy and powerful in their own right before any of it started. Look at the Kennedys, The Bushes, The Rockefellers, etc, all wealthy and powerful families.

[Talking Heads] Same as it ever was. [/Talking Heads]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same as it has always been since the beginning I'm afraid. This has always been an aristocratic republic, not a true democracy. How many of our founding fathers were rank and file citizens?
Not many. Most were wealthy and powerful in their own right before any of it started. Look at the Kennedys, The Bushes, The Rockefellers, etc, all wealthy and powerful families.

I guess that is true to an extent, nice thing is that it is possible for someone to join those ranks here.
If they have nice tits and wear skimpy outfits on stage and can pretend to sing...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:45:08 PM EDT
[#29]
holy crap - I posted in the wrong thread!

How did that even happen?   - can I blame the board code?  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was never intended to be a true Democracy.

But the founders were also in favor of equal treatment under the law.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:50:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Strangley enough I used to work for a place called Smoky Mtn Knife Works, and we used to sell to Judge Ito all the time he was a pretty nice guy,
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:51:01 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was never intended to be a true Democracy.

But the founders were also in favor of equal treatment under the law.

though history tells us many of the founding fathers didn't practice it. Many of them were slave owners, and not just black slaves. They also held indentured servants. I would not call that equal, even by the morality of the day.

Then, as now, some men were "more equal" than others.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:53:02 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Wrong.  My wife was an IRS Revenue Agent and her job classification was most definitely NOT allowed to carry.  If they needed weapons, they had to take IRS Special Agents with them, or turn the case over to CID.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:01:42 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

the ironic part being that the reasoning behind this is probably something to the effect of: "...to use the second amendment to protect us against all the right-wing lunatics that are mad for us voting against the second amendment."

BTDT...

For those of you not up on PRK gun grabbers, this guy is a legend, in the same catagory as "Mr. & Mrs. America, turn them all in" Fineswine.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:04:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Is he not in jail yet?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top