Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/19/2005 4:37:39 AM EDT
Wanna have fun?

Try and picture this upcoming press conference with Eisenhower or FDR at them helm and the questions that would arise after a speech like last night's and then watch just how maligned, out of touch with American sentiment, elitist, sensational and seditious the present ones will be...

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:19:46 AM EDT
everytime his domestic policies piss me off, I watch a performance like this and fall in love with him all voer again.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:24:51 AM EDT
chapperjoe: The problem is that there is a disconnect between the press who reporting the news and what the presideent says and does. You've basically got the news media who is basically hostile to the Republicans reporting on Republican president, ie the reporters don't understand what they are reporting.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:25:13 AM EDT
I don't walk in lock step with all his policies. He may massacre the english language. You gotta love this guy. I have confidence that he will do whatever he thinks he has to do. Been a long time since we had such a human Pres.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:27:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jcncc:
I don't walk in lock step with all his policies. He may massacre the english language. You gotta love this guy. I have confidence that he will do whatever he thinks he has to do. Been a long time since we had such a human Pres.

that seems to be the sentiment here on arfkom. LEsser of two evils, good natured relgious guy, dead on in international poltics, couldn't be more wrong domestically. Funny cause they say he got elected teh first time on domestic issues!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:36:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By chapperjoe:

that seems to be the sentiment here on arfkom. LEsser of two evils, good natured relgious guy, dead on in international poltics, couldn't be more wrong domestically. Funny cause they say he got elected teh first time on domestic issues!

He won on domestic issues, but he also had that hard nosed foreign policy in his pocket too.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:39:23 AM EDT
At least he IS who he IS and does not try to make us believe different.

Better than the 2 before him IMHO.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:39:40 AM EDT

+1
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:46:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bubblehead597:

I still blame Congress for 99% of America's problems....not Bush. As for presidential character, I completely agree with you.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:48:38 AM EDT
I like Bush, I support him all the way. His pattern of speaking and use of the language isn't important, his resolve toward a cause is.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:01:17 AM EDT
What is the point of this thread?

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:01:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By absit:
I like Bush, I support him all the way. His pattern of speaking and use of the language isn't important, his resolve toward a cause is.

A lot of people noticed that he don't speak too well in public, but not all of us are public speakers like Reagan, but after awhile you "judge a man by his deeds and not his words."
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:10:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By chapperjoe:

"I won't balance the budget on the backs of the poor" got him elected. Little did we know he would never veto a spending bill...or veto anything for that matter...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:10:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MillerSHO:
What is the point of this thread?

What is the point of any thread?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:11:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2005 8:11:53 AM EDT by glimmerman68]

Originally Posted By warlord:

A lot of people noticed that he don't speak too well in public, but not all of us are public speakers like Reagan, but after awhile you "judge a man by his deeds and not his words."

Especially when his deeds include breaking the law by subverting the Constitution.

Might as well just burn the damn thing, after all, it is outdated.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:12:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By glimmerman68:

Especially when his deeds include breaking the law by subverting the Constitution.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:12:54 AM EDT

Run out of tinfoil did we?

Or did the check from Osama finally clear?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:16:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Hokie:

I still blame Congress for 99% of America's problems....not Bush. As for presidential character, I completely agree with you.

who's running the Congress anyway ?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:16:40 AM EDT

Bush mentioned the article in the Constitution that authorizated him to use the wire taps. I think if it was truly illegal, the Dems would be all over him like a cheap suit, and also the Dems were briefed by the W.H. on the goings on of these wire taps, if the Dems had any problems it should've been brought up there, and not in a public forum where it would tip the BGs.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:21:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ArmdLbrl:

So it's okay to break the law?

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:21:41 AM EDT

If he doesn't like what they pass, he can always veto it...at least once...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:24:18 AM EDT

Show where he broke any laws.

Simply repeating lies like the MSM does does not make things real.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:26:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By cnatra:

I don't really need to answer that one, do I?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:30:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By squeezecockerp7m8:

So what would you have vetoed and why?(Bills specifically pushed by the president don't count for obvious reasons (why would he veto his own bill?))
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:31:24 AM EDT
With the exception of the more draconian aspects of the Patriot Act, I support Bush 100%.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:34:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By clement:

So what would you have vetoed and why?(Bills specifically pushed by the president don't count for obvious reasons (why would he veto his own bill?))

Some spending bills come to mind (highway bill), because his spending is thru the roof. I understand we have a war to pay for, and I want the troops to have the best stuff. So we need to make some sacrifices on the home front...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:34:42 AM EDT

You're right, no laws were broken, no precedents were set, don't come crying to me when your phone is tapped because you own guns and are on a "watch list".
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:49:12 AM EDT

You're right, no laws were broken, no precedents were set, don't come crying to me when your phone is tapped because you own guns and are on a "watch list".

They've stated very clearly thus far that the people whose phones were tapped were individuals with direct links to Al Qaeda.

I don't know about you, but I have no links to any terrorist organization. Thus, I'm not overly concerned with it.

Be more afraid of Carnivore.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:52:50 AM EDT
If you folks had watched the news conference, Bush said that Congress was briefed, it was reappraised every 45 days. The Dems in Congress are reacting as though it was something new to them, when they were in it from the beginning.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:53:18 AM EDT
This shit has been going on since the mid-90s, I don't understand why its being so overblown right now. Oh wait, I know.

It's Bush's fault.

Seriously, I've never liked that our government can listen in and monitor email, fax, and phone conversations, but they do it.

If there was ever a time where I was concerned about it, it had to be the Clinton years. How many of us were labeled "militia" types and looked at as a threat because of the actions of idiots like McVeigh?

So Bush makes sure a couple of Allah Akbar types phone calls are listened to all the way back to the US and the media goes ape shit. It was OK during the 90s to listen to stuff but not now? What gives? Oh I know.

It's Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:55:02 AM EDT
I can see all the boot licking is from those who don't live on the border. go figure.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:57:14 AM EDT

In other words, you can't name specifics, you just keep parrotting the leftist media.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:57:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MauserMark:
I can see all the boot licking is from those who don't live on the border. go figure.

Care to explain?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:59:21 AM EDT
are you serious?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:06:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By clement:

Campaign Finance Reform shoulda been vetoed.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:08:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By macman37:

Care to explain?

the illegal immigrant invasion is a problem to those of us in border states. jorge isn't doing shit about it and calls those patriots who do "vigilantes" whilst continuing to blow his buddy vinnie.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:09:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Fourays2:

Care to explain?

the illegal immigrant invasion is a problem to those of us in border states. jorge isn't doing shit about it and calls those patriots who do "vigilantes" whilst continuing to blow his buddy vinnie.

Who is jorge?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:09:10 AM EDT

If Bush would take a firm stance on the border issue and CLOSE it, and kick Harry Reid in the nuts, he'd go down as one of the greatest presidents ever IMHO.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:10:36 AM EDT
I switched between our "normal" AM radio news station and KLSD, our Air America lefty one. All the Air America clowns could do was make fun of GWB's speech patterns and body language. They had NOTHING of substance to contribute.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:13:26 AM EDT

They've stated very clearly thus far that the people whose phones were tapped were individuals with direct links to Al Qaeda.

I don't know about you, but I have no links to any terrorist organization. Thus, I'm not overly concerned with it.

Be more afraid of Carnivore.

The whole NSA story was packaged and saved in case the Iraqi voting went well, so they could pull it out as a distraction. Harry Reid himself admitted to knowing about this for months, it's legal to tap international calls, and the whole issue's bullshit. The New York Times, the paper of Walter Duranty, Jason Blair and Maureen Dowd is our version of Al Jeezeria to give aid and comfort to America's enemys.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:17:44 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:18:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:47:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Gloftoe:
Okay, I've been out of touch this past weekend.

A) what happened with last night's speech
B) what happened with today's press conference?

President Bush's Address to the Nation 12-18-2005
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:27:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2005 10:28:25 AM EDT by macman37]

Care to explain?

Bear in mind there are other border states than yours. I'm in Michigan, along a porous border- and I still support Bush.

I think if you looked at the spectrum and not just one issue (though it's a big one), you'd probably support him more than you do.

FWIW, support DOES NOT EQUAL "boot licking"

(edit because the "does not equal" symbol doesn't work )
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:38:23 AM EDT

Care to explain?

Bear in mind there are other border states than yours. I'm in Michigan, along a porous border- and I still support Bush.

I think if you looked at the spectrum and not just one issue (though it's a big one), you'd probably support him more than you do.

actually I am concerned with other issues as well, campaign finance reform, emminent domain abuses, the patriot act. he's done a good job with Irag, but a very poor job with the USA.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:50:21 AM EDT

Care to explain?

actually I am concerned with other issues as well, campaign finance reform, emminent domain abuses, the patriot act. he's done a good job with Irag, but a very poor job with the USA.

What was his involvement with the eminent domain subject? What specific parts of the PA violate the Constitution?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:39:46 PM EDT

your right, a bunch of drunken sailors
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:40:56 PM EDT

your right, a bunch of drunken sailors

lol...well, I was close.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:43:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2005 1:07:50 PM EDT by cnatra]

Originally Posted By LARRYG:

In other words, you can't name specifics, you just keep parrotting the leftist media.

FISA

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_Intelligence_Surveillance_Act

and

Fourth Amendment –

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:19:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ryann:

<snip>

The whole NSA story was packaged and saved in case the Iraqi voting went well, so they could pull it out as a distraction. Harry Reid himself admitted to knowing about this for months, it's legal to tap international calls, and the whole issue's bullshit. The New York Times, the paper of Walter Duranty, Jason Blair and Maureen Dowd is our version of Al Jeezeria to give aid and comfort to America's enemys.

ryann,

Did you leave your account logged in on a public PC? This is the second time ON THIS PAGE that I've almost "plus-oned" one of your posts.

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats, living together... mass hysteria!"
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:49:35 PM EDT

Bush mentioned the article in the Constitution that authorizated him to use the wire taps. I think if it was truly illegal, the Dems would be all over him like a cheap suit, and also the Dems were briefed by the W.H. on the goings on of these wire taps, if the Dems had any problems it should've been brought up there, and not in a public forum where it would tip the BGs.

Congressman calls for Bush impeachment

The Associated Press - ATLANTA

U.S. Rep. John Lewis said Monday in a radio interview that President Bush should be impeached if he broke the law in authorizing spying on Americans.

The Democratic senator from Georgia told WAOK-AM he would sign a bill of impeachment if one was drawn up and that the House of Representatives should consider such a move.

Lewis is among several Democrats who have voiced discontent with Sunday night's television speech, where Bush asked Americans to continue to support the Iraq War. Lewis is the first major House figure to suggest impeaching Bush.

"Its a very serious charge, but he violated the law," said Lewis, a former civil rights leader. "The president should abide by the law. He deliberately, systematically violated the law. He is not King, he is president."
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top