User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:53:12 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You fuckers need to switch to decaf

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT??  I DON'T LIKE YOUR TONE OF VOICE, MISTER!

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:54:56 PM EDT
[#2]
"I JUST CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT MY $4 A SERVING STARBUCKS!"
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:59:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

8 O'Clock coffee absolutely RULES compared to StarSucks.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:21:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I dont pay 2 bucks for a friggen cup of coffee. That would seriously cut into my firearms budget. Starbucks can keep their overpriced coffee.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:21:57 PM EDT
[#5]

5 GODDAMN MINUTES to get a cup of straight up black regular old coffee.

No man should have to wait that long for coffee.  It's just wrong.

I still have never even seen a Starbucks.  I really want to try it to see what everyone's been complaining about all these years.z
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:25:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Same reason people buy Colts - a product overrated due to name recognition.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:35:16 PM EDT
[#7]
LEMMINGS

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:39:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
LEMMINGS

tinypic.com/ir7z21.jpg

It's hilarious to me to read comments like that and then go look at the AR picture threads.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:51:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll take other roasters and brewers, Peets for example.  

A Starbucks fan told me he choses it because he knows what it will taste like and he can always find one.  

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:54:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'll take other roasters and brewers, Peets for example.  

A Starbucks fan told me he choses it because he knows what it will taste like and he can always find one.  

he's probably fat from McDonald's too...
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:56:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Because they are a part of the problem.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:59:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

8 O'Clock coffee absolutely RULES compared to StarSucks.

My mother drinks 8 O'Clock Coffee religiously. I personally don't drink coffee. I wouldn't want to be dependant on it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:27:16 PM EDT
[#13]
It is interesting to me that because a company is successful then whoever drinks that company's product is a mindless lemming.  What is it about Starbucks that pisses people off?  Are you an idiot if you spend money at any chain, or is it that one in particular that proves you suck?

I love Starbucks.  I have enjoyed it since I was a small child watching my coffee drinking dad get ready for work.  I've tried other kinds of coffee, and there are some I like.  Folgers isn't one of them.  As far as the price, f*ck it, I don't smoke anymore so I have some extra cash.

And just to add my two cents in, coffee has more caffeine than espresso.  

I think I am going to sign off and hunt down a Venti Pumpkin Spice Latte, God, I love the holidays.

-uzigrl
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:52:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Because we're better than you, you Neanderthal.

Triple Soy w/ sugarfree kahlua.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:34:38 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I worked at a coffee shop in about 1991.  We roasted our own beans, etc. so I have a general idea what I am talking about.

Starbucks coffee is burnt.  It is low quality and over roasted.

Why do people drink it?

I've been saying exactly the same thing about their coffee ever since I tasted it a few times when they were new in my neighborhood. I've never drank it since.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:09:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Starbucks girls are like fruit ready to be picked. They deal with metro dudes and manly women all day long and when a normal man walks in they are all over it. I worked with a guy who had more girls from starbucks than any where else. I've seen it work in NYC, and Greenwich Ct, two of the most trendiest cities.

ETA I got free coffe all the time too
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:12:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Starbucks serves coffee?  I get Chai - can't stand the taste of ANY coffee.  And I like Starbuck's Chai better than Peet's or Nordstrom cafe Chai.

Brian
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:40:00 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I could eat coffee beans and piss better coffee.

Strangely, that's not too far off from one of the oddest versions of coffee I know of.

Jim
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:28:26 AM EDT
[#19]
No clue.

I've never tasted ass, but I'm sure that Starbucks coffee is a pretty good preview.

I don't go there; I avoid it like the plague. Hard to do, considering that there are 3 of them on the street near me.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:11:59 AM EDT
[#20]
I like relaxing in a coffee shop and having a bit of coffee to nurse on. I don't feel their coffee is all that bad but sitting there sipping the coffee and watching the sights (very noice looking women) is a wonderful pastime...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:28:18 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Same reason people buy Glocks - a product overrated due to name recognition.

Wherever there is injustice or a person in need Glock Basher will be there!

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:41:27 AM EDT
[#22]
I've been one Starbucks, in Tukwila, Washington.  After standing there for 5 minutes trying to sort through the menu, I took a chance on one that had a name that sounded like coffee flavored coffee.  It was barely drinkable, but I needed the fortification before work.  I lived, but I ain't going back.

I drink Folgers 100% Columbian, two heaping scoops per 8 cup pot, and I take my own to work because the risk of drinking crappy coffee made by someone else is too great.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:49:02 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I have never been to Starbucks (nor will I ever) so this question is real.

Can you get a regular coffee from them?  If so, how does it taste?

You can get coffee without all the extra's, but you won't recognize any of the names on the menu.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:12:25 AM EDT
[#24]
I love Douwe Egberts coffee (not the Senseo stuff although it is not that bad, but the commercial stuff).  It is the best flavor coffee I have ever had.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:14:00 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Same reason people buy Glocks BOSE - a product overrated due to name recognition.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:22:07 AM EDT
[#26]
I have a friend that is a starbucks manager and I bash SBUX all the time.  I call it a snack bar, not a restaurant and he and his wife get seriously offended.  It is not a restaurant.  They do not wait on you, they make your drink and sit it on the shelf for you to pick up.   They have snacks and therefore it is a snack bar.

I have been to real cafes where you are waited on at your table and in a nice environment with excellent coffee, snacks, and service.  Their prices were actually less than SBUX, even if you tip!  (I usually do not tip anywhere because I think the employees should get paid by their employers.)
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:26:17 AM EDT
[#27]
It's a mystery.  Their coffee's really bad.  Frappacinos are good because all the milk and sugar covers up the crap coffee, but those aren't something I usually buy. I usually just get an americano with milk or plain black drip coffee, so you're really tasting the coffee. Starbucks's nasty burnt taste ruins the cup.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:39:19 AM EDT
[#28]
7-11, Bengal Traders, Quik Trip, Racetrac, etc - they are all better than SBUX, and their prices too....but you don't see chicks hanging out there - the little trendy cafes (that wait on you, full service, etc) dont exist much anymore, so SBUX is coming in - I think they are saturating the market beyond business sense.  Dunn Brother's is coming in and they have FREE WiFi and a few internet terminals, nice comfortable furniture to hang out on, and similar drinks too...Steemers is here too.  In fact there used to be just one SBUX around here, and now there are 2 SBUX, Steemers, and Peets Coffee within a few blocks of my house.  CC's came to the Dallas area and flopped.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:17:12 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Now I'll tell ya... we have a Starbucks IN our grocery store that happens to be in the SAME shopping center as a STARBUCKS... so TWO in the same shopping center. The coffee in the supermarket Starbucks tastes superior to the coffee the starbucks store just 100 feet away makes.

Kinda like Waffel house here, we got one on each side of the interstate exit.

#1 on my suck ass coffee list.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:26:02 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
It's trendy.

Now explain to me why anyone follows a trend.  Beats the hell out of me.

Go visit the equipment forums. Plenty of trends there.

The funny part is watching some people try to justify them.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:28:35 AM EDT
[#31]
In light of Starbucks' politics, I'd sooner watch every one of them BURN TO THE FUCKING GROUND! And, I'd be drinking a DECENT cup of coffee while I watched!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:39:57 AM EDT
[#32]
people dont go for the coffee, they go for the puntang!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:48:02 AM EDT
[#33]
So metrosexual guys can think that there are others out there like them?  You know the look, the Banana Republic look?

So people can say they spend $3.50 on a cup of coffee while that's what workers in the Third World typically earn in a day?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:48:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:53:24 AM EDT
[#35]
"because it's trendy"
"over-roasted"
" they just want to pay $4 for a latte because it's cool

Oh, bullshit.

It's 6:30 Am.
I am on the way the work.
I can have bitter Whataburger coffee, shitty mcdonalds coffee or 7-eleven coffee that has been solidifying all night long into an oil-like sludge.

WTF am I supposed to do? I couldn't care less if some think it's trendy or if it costs more when I need a cup of coffee.

For $1.10 I can get a good, fresh cuppa joe quickly from the drive through and be on my way. And my co-workers are appreciative because it means I won't be cranky.

Where I live it's called getting the best cuppa coffee I can while on the road, and quick.
Maybe some of you have an hour to spend at Waffle House or IHOP, but I have to get to work.

I swear there's always someone out there who has to whine and moan about anything and everything.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:56:10 AM EDT
[#36]
I like the coffee from mcdonalds better than the stuff from starbucks.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:59:35 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Must have some damn good macdonalds - ours suck bad here.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:14:12 AM EDT
[#38]
I like to take a break at STARBUCK's when Im traveling
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:26:09 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Now I'll tell ya... we have a Starbucks IN our grocery store that happens to be in the SAME shopping center as a STARBUCKS... so TWO in the same shopping center. The coffee in the supermarket Starbucks tastes superior to the coffee the starbucks store just 100 feet away makes.

Kinda like Waffel house here, we got one on each side of the interstate exit.

#1 on my suck ass coffee list.

sorry to hear that Bmick, another one of my joys is sitting in WH early sat morn before the crowds hit and have a cup of coffee with da boys...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:28:30 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
"because it's trendy"
"over-roasted"
" they just want to pay $4 for a latte because it's cool

Oh, bullshit.

It's 6:30 Am.
I am on the way the work.
I can have bitter Whataburger coffee, shitty mcdonalds coffee or 7-eleven coffee that has been solidifying all night long into an oil-like sludge.

WTF am I supposed to do? I couldn't care less if some think it's trendy or if it costs more when I need a cup of coffee.

For $1.10 I can get a good, fresh cuppa joe quickly from the drive through and be on my way. And my co-workers are appreciative because it means I won't be cranky.

Where I live it's called getting the best cuppa coffee I can while on the road, and quick.
Maybe some of you have an hour to spend at Waffle House or IHOP, but I have to get to work.

I swear there's always someone out there who has to whine and moan about anything and everything.

right on DR!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:29:56 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I've never had a decent cup of coffee fro, Mc Dee's or Whata Burg or anyother burger joint for that matter
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:31:48 AM EDT
[#42]
lots of hot chicks and MILF's at my Starbucks...I think it's time for a cup now
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:44:11 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
sorry to hear that Bmick, another one of my joys is sitting in WH early sat morn before the crowds hit and have a cup of coffee with da boys...

Does yours have a "No firearms" sign like most of them?  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:51:16 AM EDT
[#44]

My election season Starbux rant from last year:

archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=283271
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:51:57 AM EDT
[#45]
because it tastes good
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:56:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:58:34 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Its "trendy"  AKA dumbasses.

uuuhhh more like Yuppie but yes dumbass for spending that much on coffee..

I dont drink that stuff, the local gas station coffee works fine for me.. and is a lot cheaper.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:02:34 AM EDT
[#48]
I went to Starbucks for the first time ever this past weekend, I got some kind of cold strawberry drink, dont even remember what it was called. It cost me 5 damn dollars though, so I wont be going back, Folgers is cheaper and tastes just as good.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:15:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Because it's better than Dunkin Donuts' coffee.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:21:43 AM EDT
[#50]
moved
sry
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top