Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2001 2:35:19 PM EDT
i think someone here did, i was just gonna ask if its a reliable bike. im talking like a 1983. im lookin at one. its cheap, but it looks pretty clean and is coming from a ok dealer.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 2:57:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Though I didn't have one, the feedback I got in researching a story ([url]http://www.hondamotorcycle.com/milestonemodels/1984v65sabre/index.html[/url]) indicated lots of enthusiasm for both the Magna and the Sabre. Sorry, don't have any links to the various Magna groups, but I'm sure if you did a search, you could come up with several. I remember that lots of stuff came up when I was looking for info. Good luck, have fun, ride safe. [:)]
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 3:14:42 PM EDT
[#2]
BE VERY CAREFULL!!! I was a bike mechanic for 18 yrs. in Canada. Saw the birth of Hondas V-four. Every model had problems with premature cam wear. The Magna was one of the worst. We used to call replacing the cams and rockers a "V-Four tune up" Some bikes were worse than others. The valve clearances were hard to set and the rocker towers not very rigid, allowing clearances to change while under load. Honda tried various fixes, none good.God only knows how the race guys kept theirs together, although it was never a catastrophic failure. I, personally would NEVER buy a Honda V-Four. They warrantied the problem long after the warr. was over to their credit though. If your dead set on it, get a mechanic to pop the rocker covers off and let you check 'em out. If its a noisy motor, forget it!!! Save your money, if you gotta have a cruiser, get a Virago, '85 or newer. BP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top