Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2005 4:59:40 AM EDT
Granted I only hear it used in movies, but it seems like you guys throw around the C* word a lot...

Is it just in the movies or do you guys actually use this word as frequently as us Yanks use the F* bomb?

*unt.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:17:04 AM EDT
[#1]
It depends on where you are, different places use different words...

I myself am an engineer, and often when asked how to remove a tight fitting bearing, or the such use the local precision engineering phrase of "Hit the Fu**ing Thing till the Fu**ing thing comes off" And refuse to use the word C**t to describe our bosses, cos C**ts are usefull,

But i dont swear in front of ladies :)

James
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:26:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Along the same lines, what is a "dos c**t"?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:05:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I myself am an engineer, and often when asked how to remove a tight fitting bearing, or the such use the local precision engineering phrase of "Hit the Fu**ing Thing till the Fu**ing thing comes off" And refuse to use the word C**t to describe our bosses, cos C**ts are useful

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:29:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It depends on where you are, different places use different words...

I myself am an engineer, and often when asked how to remove a tight fitting bearing, or the such use the local precision engineering phrase of "Hit the Fu**ing Thing till the Fu**ing thing comes off" And refuse to use the word C**t to describe our bosses, cos C**ts are usefull,

But i dont swear in front of ladies :)

James

Engineers around here have a useful saying to describe a small amount.   "Seat that bearing another RCH (red *hair) "

SRM
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:52:30 AM EDT
[#5]
In my USAF shop, the term for moving something a very tiny distance was "scunt" - that is one thousandth of a cunt hair.

Every technician knew precisely what it meant.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:55:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Engineers around here have a useful saying to describe a small amount.   "Seat that bearing another RCH (red *hair) "

SRM

+1, yep RCH is standard engineering term. Always wondered about the 'red' part though. Are they actually finer???
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:21:21 AM EDT
[#7]
"+1, yep RCH is standard engineering term. Always wondered about the 'red' part though. Are they actually finer???"

I've always heard the "R" defined as Royal.  It might make a difference especially to the Brits.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:59:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Like many words over in the British Isles, context is all-important. The C-word can be a word of great crudity, or it can be shared between friends. "Oi, you F-ing Cnt" hollered at opposite supporters at a football match is likely to end up in violence. However, a conversation like "Hey! I'm going on a business trip to New York!" "You lucky cnt, you", is going to be well received.

NTM
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:31:31 AM EDT
[#9]
The C-word is part of my heritage, and I regard Americans' dislike of this word as culturally intollerant .
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:43:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I guess the meaning or usage is slightly differently in the UK than the US...

The funniest use I have seen for it so far was in Shaun of the Dead.

Shaun: It's not that I don't wanna spend time with you, cause I do. It's just... Ed doesn't have too many friends.
Ed: Can I get... any of you cunts... a drink?

Almost like it's used affectionately. The reaction of the people he's talking to isn't one of much shock.
I almost pissed myself when he said that.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:39:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I run into these women all the time.  We call it "Can't Understand Normal Thinking."  The acronym works, too.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:55:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Please respect from where it is that you came from.  
Fuckers.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:01:08 PM EDT
[#13]
its like the fanny thing,

Over there it means your backside,

Over here it means a womans front bottom

James
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:06:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
"+1, yep RCH is standard engineering term. Always wondered about the 'red' part though. Are they actually finer???"

Blonde is the finest followed by Red then Black.

Hey, ya gotta test out the new calipers somehow.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
its like the fanny thing,

Over there it means your backside,

Over here it means a womans front bottom

James

womans front bottom?

Im just not making the visual..
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:15:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I've found Brits to use tw@t far more than c*nt.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 1:10:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
In my USAF shop, the term for moving something a very tiny distance was "scunt" - that is one thousandth of a cunt hair.

Every technician knew precisely what it meant.

Damn, the increase in precision adjustments in the AF in the last 30 years is amazing.  Our standard when tweaking* avionics was the RCH.  Sometimes you might use 1/4 of an RCH but that was the height of precision.  Of course our digital stuff was DTL too.  And the ARN-52 used tubes.  

*This term refers to the use of a tweaker, a small screwdriver or alignment tool.  I understand it means something else now.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 1:12:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Now, tw@t is an entirely different word, to my knowledge.

Whilst cnt is frequently used to describe anatomical parts (in addition to its other uses), I don't recall ever hearing tw@t used in any context other than 'someone who isn't using his intelligence'. Kindof like a twit, but a twit has none to start with. "You complete and utter tw@t" is quite an acceptable comment between friends and acquaintances both. After all, if it was a 'bad word', it would never have shown up in Fawlty Towers on the BBC in the 1980s.

I never knew about any female-specific meaning to that word until after I moved to the US and used it in polite company, with noticeable reactions.

NTM
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 1:21:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Nope Tw*t Means the same as C*nt, well here it does,

Ill explain the Front bottom thing, In England we call Our Backsides Bottoms, So some ppl call the genital area the front bottom ( usually kids And Cockney Villians in gangsta movies)
So in England, Fanny Means the same as C*nt &Tw*t

Common joke i grew up with in engineering through my apprenticship was if you were having trouble getting something in a hole....

Put some hair round it and it'll go in every time lol,

We also have small Adjustment tools, for precision job, theese are called SLEDGE HAMMERS, should you need to Tw*t that F*cker to get it in the right place

James  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#20]
When nurses from the UK came over to work they have to be reminded several times not to cuss the patients...pretty funny actually.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 1:31:00 PM EDT
[#21]
hmm now that i find hard to believe... all of the nurses ive known have an impecible bedside manner and would never dreams of swearing near patients... what happens off duty is a different story though lol,

James
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 1:33:03 PM EDT
[#22]
I love it.  Im sure many of you have heard of dane cook?  
tell that twat to get some jelly...ooh good word man forgot about that one.
GET THE JELLY TW@T
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top