Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2005 9:12:11 PM EDT
Still considering getting an FFL when the finances stabilize.

I'm already running my electrical business from my house with full City knowledge and approval (Zoned R2), so business operation's not an issue.

However, I'm wondering about the "1000 feet from a school" rule. I haven't checked ATF's website yet, and don't plan on being a stocking dealer (orders only, and yes, conducted as a business for a profit) with a big neon "BUY YER GUNZ HERE" sign. I'm wondering if the school that's a block and a quarter away would d/q me from being eligible.

Thanks,

Tango7
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:14:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:16:42 PM EDT
[#2]
The shop i work at is with in a block of a middle school.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:42:53 PM EDT
[#3]
As far as I know, BATF has no ruling on this, but you're town might.You  should check with you're zoning board on this. They are the ones that could stop it
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Luckily my town is one that still allows use of deadly force in defense of self, others, and property - no clarifier about "route of escape" or other drivel. Most of the families come from AL or MS years ago, so it's a pretty "down home" town, despite our Yankee location.

An additional question - what about the entity that controls / is named on the FFL? Wondering about incorporating, and possibly having the FFL be one part/entity of the corp, and my electrical business as another.

Thanks for everything so far. Any imput is great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top