Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2005 5:53:43 PM EDT

www.thenews.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=1583&ArticleID=1289208

Big flap over sturgeon in hallway

HALF-ASLEEP Lana Baynton thought there was something fishy going on when she went downstairs to find something wriggling on her hallway carpet.

But she was left completely baffled when she took a closer look to see what it was – and discovered a live 10in sturgeon.

Lana, 27,, from Ivy Court, Purbrook, said she was amazed to find the fish in her home.

Squeamish Lana didn't want to touch the creature, so she called her parents Lynda and Bruce Parry for help.
The fish was still alive and flapping around when they arrived 10 minutes later.

Mr Parry leapt into action and scooped it into a bucket with a pair of barbecue tongs.

'We rang the RSPCA, but they told us they don't come out for fish,' said Mrs Parry.

'We haven't got a clue where it came from. Both the cats were locked outside at 6am and the fish had no injuries.'
Mrs Baynton also checked the downstairs toilet and letterbox, but could find no evidence of where the fish had come from.

One theory is that yobs who have vandalised ponds in the area may have pushed the fish through the letterbox as a bizarre prank.

The sturgeon was taken in the bucket to the PDSA in Durley Avenue, Cowplain. Staff there managed to find a new home for it at Maidenhead Aquatics at Havant Garden Centre, Barton Road, Havant.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
'We rang the RSPCA, but they told us they don't come out for fish,' said Mrs Parry.

God, they really have pussified the English, haven't they.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:17:29 PM EDT
[#2]
People are completely stupified.

I would have saw the fish and figured the next thing I need is a knife and a frying pan.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:20:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I would have been like....

"WTF... Quick! Get the cooler and the Filet knife!!"
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:24:36 PM EDT
[#4]

As a "fish" in high school, a buddy's girlfriend (a nice-looking cheerleader ) had cheated on him, and he was pissed.

A few of us were out drinking and my buddy and I got enough liquid courage to decide we were gonna pay her back somehow.

We ended up getting some fireworks and shoving them through the mail slot of her house at o' dark thirty (approx 0300, IIRC).  The whistling chaser stole the show.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:29:33 PM EDT
[#5]
poor fishy, sturgeon are endangered
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top