User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:56:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You have a lot of other things to appologize to us for, but at least its a start.

Kiss my ass Vato!

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:57:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You have a lot of other things to appologize to us for, but at least its a start.

Kiss my ass Vato!

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:59:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Did the site just ahve a brain fart?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:00:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Dont ask me what going on, I just post here.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:02:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Dont ask me what going on, I just post here.

yeah well, not as much as me and I probably have less of an idea of WTF is going on lol
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:07:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I agree, panties over the head are not torture.  It's absurd to equate pulling a piece of fabric over someone's head with prolonged pain and suffering.  

I do not care if such activities are carried out.  While they may result in an offense to an individual's sensibilities/social tradition/social mores, they are simply not torture (no prolonged pain and suffering).

I still won't condone the real thing.  Is the fact that some fools in the Congress ridiculously overextend the definition of torture sufficient justification to oppose a prohibition on US forces/citizens carrying out torture?

I agree completely with those who disapprove of the foolishness in confusing the offending  of someone's sensibilities with torture.  We deserve common sense in our representation in the legislative houses of government!

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:13:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Nothing I've heard about recently would qualify as real torture.

Wasn't McCain one of the ones caught up in the Keating S&L fraud scandal?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:27:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Looking at the definition of torture I found below.
anguish: extreme mental distress
unbearable physical pain
agony: intense feelings of suffering; acute mental or physical pain; "an agony of doubt"; "the torments of the damned"
torment: torment emotionally or mentally
distortion: the act of distorting something so it seems to mean something it was not intended to mean
subject to torture; "The sinners will be tormented in Hell, according to the Bible"
the deliberate, systematic, or wanton infliction of physical or mental suffering by one or more persons in an attempt to force another person to yield information or to make a confession or for any other reason; "it required unnatural torturing to extract a confession"
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Torture is the infliction of severe physical or psychological pain as an expression of cruelty, a means of intimidation, deterrent or punishment, or as a tool for the extraction of information or confessions.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torture

A form of play that involves intense sensation. This is not necessarily pain. It is usually directed towards a single part of the body. Teasing, which is starting then stopping a particular attention, may be considered torture
www.grimesgrafix.com/welts/glossary.html

severe mental anguish or physical pain
encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861720977/torment.html
    We should not be torturing anyone, I don't agree with it and I don't want to sink to the level of the people we are fighting. Exactly the same as I don't believe in targeting civilians to retaliate against those who attack us.

And about John Mccain, I think he undertsands torture better then anyone that posts here, who else has had their teeth knocked out by a hmmer one at a time?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:32:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well , I find it hard to stomach some of his political beliefs also.

But I honor him for his service to his Country.

I do believe however that the John McCain who went to Vietnam , did not return
the same man.

There's a reason some people call him the Manchurian Candidate.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:36:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The definition of torture isn't what it used to be.  Panties on your head counts as torture nowadays.  

The liberals have won.  Time to give up.

No shit; those used to be called panty-raids.

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=41981

Well I'll tell you one thing.

If putting panties on a prisoner's head, putting electrodes on a prisoner's nutsack, yanking his fingernails off, or blowing the brains out of a fellow prisoner to scare him would save the life of just one of my fellow military people, or one U.S. civilian, I'd do it.

They don't call it 'war' for nothing.

Flame away, you pussies.

Great quote I heard once and have been looking for ever since..... something about how, in war, you've got to be willing to do things that your enemies couldn't bring themselves to do.

For a while, I thought someone might have actually said it, but hell, it may have been from a movie, too.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:44:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The definition of torture isn't what it used to be.  Panties on your head counts as torture nowadays.  

The liberals have won.  Time to give up.

No shit; those used to be called panty-raids.

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=41981

Well I'll tell you one thing.

If putting panties on a prisoner's head, putting electrodes on a prisoner's nutsack, yanking his fingernails off, or blowing the brains out of a fellow prisoner to scare him would save the life of just one of my fellow military people, or one U.S. civilian, I'd do it.

They don't call it 'war' for nothing.

Flame away, you pussies.

Great quote I heard once and have been looking for ever since..... something about how, in war, you've got to be willing to do things that your enemies couldn't bring themselves to do.

For a while, I thought someone might have actually said it, but hell, it may have been from a movie, too.

Think I may have heard that also...something like 'more outrageous'... I'll search later.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:24:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:37:13 AM EDT
[#13]
I do believe he is a patriot "in his own way",and probably a good man,allthough I have never met or talked to him.His systematic attacks on the Bill of Rights are troubling though,and I cant really see myself voting for him under any circumstances.I personally am against physical torture,not for any humanitarian reasons,but IMHO it isnt really effective.I personaly am a pus,and would say anything to make the pain stop.I think this law being talked about though isnt anti torture,but anti hurting the feelings of ROPers.I wouldnt be shocked to see a law passed that we infidels will have to sharpen the ROPers knives before they cut our heads off,cause its "inhumane" to have to saw through a neck with a dull knife
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top