Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2005 8:46:59 AM EDT
OK so last night the bride and I go into the dealer and trade in our Ford Explorer for a newer and bigger vehicle... We do the whole dealer salesman dance for 3.5 hours... leaving feeling good about ourselves... we got a good deal right?

Apparently not.

This morning, My bride was reading the paper and came across the ad for that dealer, There is a pic of OUR new car with the VIN for 2000.00 LESS than our price we paid!!!

I have a call into the dealer right now... first sales-ho that answers said "Well that is this morning's price, that ad didnt take effect until 9:00 AM" I said "You have GOT to be kidding me... I was there less than 12 hours ago and it drops 2000.00?? I dont want to talk to you, get the manager on the phone!" She transfers me and they are looking into it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:48:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I GOTTA RELAX NOW!!! "Kooooooooosh Fraaaaaaba... Kooooooooosh Fraaaaaaba"
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:48:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Always speak to the big man, the boss man.  Make sure to be pissed.

I still want a GTO
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow they screwed you and then posted it in the newspaper. Time to lock and load.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:49:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
OK so last night the bride and I go into the dealer and trade in our Ford Explorer for a newer and bigger vehicle... We do the whole dealer salesman dance for 3.5 hours... leaving feeling good about ourselves... we got a good deal right?

Apparently not.

This morning, My bride was reading the paper and came across the ad for that dealer, There is a pic of OUR new car with the VIN for 2000.00 LESS than our price we paid!!!

I have a call into the dealer right now... first sales-ho that answers said "Well that is this morning's price, that ad didnt take effect until 9:00 AM" I said "You have GOT to be kidding me... I was there less than 12 hours ago and it drops 2000.00?? I dont want to talk to you, get the manager on the phone!" She transfers me and they are looking into it.

I am pretty sure there is consumer protection for stuff like this but I'm not sure.  I thought that if there is a substantial price drop on your merchandise within 30 days, they have to honor it.  I'll have to look into it
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:51:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I GOTTA RELAX NOW!!! "Kooooooooosh Fraaaaaaba... Kooooooooosh Fraaaaaaba"

Have a beer.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:51:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Hmm, something like that but the opposite happened to me.

In the internet, my truck was listed for 10,995 one day.  So I tell the dealer i wanna test drive it and everything and I do.  And I tell him that i'm very interested and whatnot.

Well I go to show my buddy the truck on the internet and they had upped the window sticker price to 11,995.  So I call them and are like, "wtf?"  They say that they had initially put the wrong price up but since i was interested in it already that they would give it to me for the 10995 price.

I was rather pleased.  They are a good dealership.  Def. went out of way to sell me the truck.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:51:35 AM EDT
[#7]
cough… lemon law…

cough… mysterious reoccurring engine problem…  

cough… cough… lawyer… cough…
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:52:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:57:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Though it does suck, you agreed on the price that it was sold for. I'll pick a number out of the sky and put it as the price of a car, horse, gun, wifffit,  and if somebody wants to pay it they will. It would be nice if the dealership maybe split the difference with you, but I would be very surprised. Keep us posted.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:03:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Dealer just called me... said that they were gonna talk to the higher ups and try to fix it... I will believe it when I sign the paperwork.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:16:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Dealer just called me... said that they were gonna talk to the higher ups and try to fix it... I will believe it when I sign the paperwork.

Make sure you don't let them keep you waiting for too long.  

You can get out of any contract that you sign within 48 hours (72 hours in some states).  It's considered to be in attorney review until that time... dangit, I forget what the official name for that is...  my brothers are lawyers.

My point is, if the truck is only on sale for today. Return it.  Have them tear up the signed contracts and then buy it again.  In fact, secure the salesman that will be selling it to you before the contracts are torn up.

SCREW THEM and their scam.

If they refuse to do this, you can take them to court and get up to three times the amount that they did the bait and switch on.  ($2,000 X 3 = $6000)  But you would probably just want to keep it in small claims court to avoid lawyer fees and ask for the max of small claims ($3-5 grand)
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:26:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Take it back.  You have a month.  Then tell them to shove it because of their bad faith.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:30:03 AM EDT
[#13]
serves you right for buying a yuppie shopping cart
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:30:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Take it back.  You have a month.  Then tell them to shove it because of their bad faith.

Cant. Ready for this?

California has a "No Cooling Off" clause... once you drive it off the lot... ITS YOURS! Only the dealer can change its mind... NOT the buyer. It is posted EVERYWHERE in the dealership and you even have to sign a form that says you are notified of such a clause..

LOVELY!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:31:57 AM EDT
[#15]
most states have a 2-3 day period for a "buyers remorse" law.  if the dealership won't give you $2000.  tear up the contract and walk away.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:33:30 AM EDT
[#16]
CarsDirect.com

Always price your vehicles out using that service.

I hope it works out for you.

Eric  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:33:51 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
most states have a 2-3 day period for a "buyers remorse" law.  if the dealership won't give you $2000.  tear up the contract and walk away.

After letting them know "kiss my ass you worthless piece of shit cocksuckers."  Add to that as you see fit
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:48:10 AM EDT
[#18]
DrF...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...

That dealer just pulled off an ARFcom goal:

They stuck it in your &***.... and then , they POSTED PICS!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:50:35 AM EDT
[#19]
you're surprised you got hosed on a new car deal?

I bet you still believe in teh easter bunny too.

LOL
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:50:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Does your state have the three day rule where you can return it no questions asked in three days?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:57:11 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
DrF...

I can't believe it.

DrFrige,  I was gonna say that you probably have a 1-3 day contract review period,  I would start making inquiries right now to a lawyer to see what your period is but you have to do it fast.

If not I'd go with the lemon law,  mysterious re-occuring problem route.

if THAT doesn't work, I'd go to the dealer and while there, slip and fall on something, making sure you get a helluva bruise or cut in the process and then see if they will be more flexible
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:09:06 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
DrF...

My side hurts

I hope that you can get this resolved.  I know that I'd be pissed
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#23]
**********UPDATE!!!**********

Didnt have to raise my voice at all, They called me back and apologized, said come on in and sign the new contract, even gonna scotchguard the seats and carpet for a goodwill gesture. I told them they didnt have to and they said "Yeah, we do"

Salesman was waiting outside when I pulled up then followed by the assy manager then the Sales manager himself with apologies.

I was SHOCKED and pleasantly surprised.

So not to disappoint some of you but looks like no pooper pics this time.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#24]
congrats on the new car.     glad it worked out for you
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Glad it worked out.  Sometimes ya catch a break!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:38:06 PM EDT
[#26]
The only reason for the "scotch guard" is to make easy cleanup after you find all the SPIDERS in the new truck..

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:41:32 PM EDT
[#27]
c'mon, there's supposed to be some bad news SOMEWHERE?!

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:12:29 PM EDT
[#28]
What did you buy and what dealer?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Didnt have to raise my voice at all, They called me back and apologized, said come on in and sign the new contract, even gonna scotchguard the seats and carpet for a goodwill gesture. I told them they didnt have to and they said "Yeah, we do"

Salesman was waiting outside when I pulled up then followed by the assy manager then the Sales manager himself with apologies.

You got Sooooo lucky. I'm sure they could have easily told you just to to get bent. Glad it worked out for you in the end.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#30]
The Itsy bitsy spider crawled up the steering wheel
bit the drivers hand and made the driver squeel
off of the road the driver spun the truck
and the driver learned that one does not complain to much.

Grats on going in and them honoring the new price. Sorta shady tho the salesman not telling you about the drop.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:59:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Glad it turned out ok.

I would have hated to see some pooper pics of yours!!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:33:42 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
DrF...

lol can I use it in my sig line?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:40:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Who are we going to draw down on now?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:42:13 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Good deal. That's pretty cool.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:47:00 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
You got Sooooo lucky. I'm sure they could have easily told you just to to get bent. Glad it worked out for you in the end.

I agree. Hate to say it but I could easily see them telling you to FOAD.

"This is your signature on the contract for X + $2000, right? Have a good life!"

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:10:50 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree. Hate to say it but I could easily see them telling you to FOAD.

"This is your signature on the contract for X + $2000, right? Have a good life!"

Oh I am EXTREMELY lucky but If this were a year ago, they would have said FOAD. The SUV market SUCKS right now and so they dont need the bad publicity and the BS so figure... make it right and I will send them business which I will.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:13:57 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
The Itsy bitsy spider crawled up the steering wheel
bit the drivers hand and made the driver squeel
off of the road the driver spun the truck
and the driver learned that one does not complain to much.

Grats on going in and them honoring the new price. Sorta shady tho the salesman not telling you about the drop.

THAT IS FUNNY!!! Did you write the words yourself... VERY GOOD JOB...

Well I actually believe this salesman saying he didnt know... Turner's here in CA always look puzzled when I tell them that I want that gun that is advertised and they say "What gun?" You show them the ad and they are last to know.

The way he acted he was surprised and being in the business only 2 months, I dont think he mastered the skills in shadiness just yet.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:14:27 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
The only reason for the "scotch guard" is to make easy cleanup after you find all the SPIDERS in the new truck..

fugger!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:16:25 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
What did you buy and what dealer?

'05 Ford Expedition

I KNOW I KNOW... stock shitty wheels... gonna change that ASAP!

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:17:20 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

fugger!!!!!

Spiders in the truck?  You mean like these?

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:19:50 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

fugger!!!!!

Spiders in the truck?  You mean like these?

bugguide.net/images/cache/TH5HAH4H3H0LWZ7LGZ0LEZ0L2ZSL4ZHL9Z8LWZXL1ZIL8ZSLBH8HOHRLPZ0LVHEHRR4HGZGHCHSL1HXHCHMH5ZLL.jpg

www.blackant.net/other/images/trip-eos2001/spider-in-car-s.jpg

Why do you think I traded in my Explorer in the first place??? Found a fucking spider in it... GONE!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top