Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2005 7:40:02 AM EDT
What do you guys think?

"STOP worrying about 'causes' and start coming up with ORIGINAL movie ideas!!!!"

Man oh MAN! lets see here... What recent movies came out that were original..

King Kong... Oh wait nope... done TWICE before 1933 and 1976 And dont forget King Kong II (1986)
Mine Yours and Ours? ... Nope original done in 1968
Superman? 1978 and now gonna be released in 2006

NO ORIGINALITY!!! There were a shitload of movies that came out that were either sequels or remakes!!!! Arrrrrrrrggh!!!

What I want to know is WHY THE FUCK did Peter Jackson waste his time with King Kong when he could have had another great movie by making "The Hobbit?"

Anyway, this is my rant! there are many like it but this one is mine!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:41:44 AM EDT
[#1]
the 1000 monkeys on typewriters must have gone on strike
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:42:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Originality in Hollywood has gone the way of the Dodo.  If it does not promote a liberal agenda or capitalize on a previously done work, then it does not get made.   I will see if they can salvage themselves with Munich though.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:42:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I think I read somewhere that Peter Jackson did not like "The Hobbit" which it to bad because I think it would make a good move.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:43:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Because the money is in the masses.

The average drooling movie goer doesn't give a shit about originality.

They want fire and explosions.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:44:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

What I want to know is WHY THE FUCK did Peter Jackson waste his time with King Kong when he could have had another great movie by making "The Hobbit?"

Because he's been wanting to remake King Kong since he was nine years old perhaps?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:45:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think I read somewhere that Peter Jackson did not like "The Hobbit" which it to bad because I think it would make a good move.

First off, he's never said that to my knowledge.  The reason the Hobbit is on hold is that one studio holds the rights to make it and another studio holds the rights to distribute it.  There's a shitload of money to be made from it, so it WILL get made.  Just a question of when and who.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:50:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Speaking of original movie ideas,

What ever happened to the proposed "Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash?"

Bruce Campbell needs to show them what it's about.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:36:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

+1.

There's a ton of good book s out there that could be made into movies. Hell, John Sandford has the entire "Prey" series that could be made into one helluva series.

They'd rather 15 and 20-year-old TV shows. When I was 12, I thought 'Dukes of Hazzard' was kind of cool too (I've always liked the '68 Charger), but c'mon, a 2-HOUR movie? Gads.

Another 'Superman'? Is this the one that's supposed to have Nicholas Cage in it?

If they're going rehash comic books, too, why not something original, like Nick Fury or Captain America?

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:45:03 AM EDT
[#9]
More good zombie movies
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:49:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Originality in Hollywood has gone the way of the Dodo.  If it does not promote a liberal agenda or capitalize on a previously done work, then it does not get made.   I will see if they can salvage themselves with Munich though.

Isn't Munich going to be a loose remake of an 80's B movie?  Can't remember the name, but the premise was the Mossad going after the Munich terrorists and killing them until they got the wrong guy or something?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:49:54 AM EDT
[#11]
HEAT   2
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:52:18 AM EDT
[#12]
My cousin is in the industry, and he has a mental list of the dozen or so actual original plots.  Name a movie and he will tell you which one is is duplicated from.  There really is no such thing as an original movie, they all have been done before.  Just variations on a theme.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:56:15 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.

There's a ton of good book s out there that could be made into movies. Hell, John Sandford has the entire "Prey" series that could be made into one helluva series.

They'd rather 15 and 20-year-old TV shows. When I was 12, I thought 'Dukes of Hazzard' was kind of cool too (I've always liked the '68 Charger), but c'mon, a 2-HOUR movie? Gads.

Another 'Superman'? Is this the one that's supposed to have Nicholas Cage in it?

If they're going rehash comic books, too, why not something original, like Nick Fury or Captain America?

I read somewehere that the majority of Marvel Enterprises revenue comes from Movie licences and merchandizing, and not from comic books at all.

DC seems to be alittle behind the take, but Sandman would make for a great movie as well...
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:56:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Who says Hollywood isn't original anymore ?   What's that new movie they are about to release,

" Brokedick Mountain "  ?          
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:16:26 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
My cousin is in the industry, and he has a mental list of the dozen or so actual original plots.  Name a movie and he will tell you which one is is duplicated from.  There really is no such thing as an original movie, they all have been done before.  Just variations on a theme.

Is your cousin’s name Aristotle, because he figured that out a long time ago.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:27:11 AM EDT
[#16]
And if you're doing a remake or an original plot, spend some money hiring the writers.

The dialog in some movies sounds like it was written by a 6 year old (no offense to 6 year olds).

STOP spending 80 billion dollars on CGI effects and spend some on the story line and WORDS!

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
And if you're doing a remake or an original plot, spend some money hiring the writers.

The dialog in some movies sounds like it was written by a 6 year old (no offense to 6 year olds).

STOP spending 80 billion dollars on CGI effects and spend some on the story line and WORDS!

Ya George Lucas! Can you hear us!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#18]
I have an idea for hollywood also. Mine invloves clusterbombs and starting fresh.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.

I read recently that they are doing "Ghostrider"(?)  Does that count?

No Expert

ETA:  Didn't David "Baywatch" Hasselhoff do a Nick Fury Abent of SHIELD movie?  And I remember several Captain America movies as a kid.... TV movies most likely, but movies made.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top