Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/17/2005 5:34:23 AM EDT
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/12/16/ap/strange/mainD8EHJACG5.shtml

Man Allegedly Tries to Alter Ticket

PORTSMOUTH, N.H., Dec. 16, 2005
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(AP) Next time, just pay the ticket. William S. Shufro, 46, faces a felony forgery charge for allegedly trying to alter a $100 ticket received for parking illegally in a handicapped space.

Police allege that Shufro tried to alter the ticket to give the appearance that it had been issued for parking in a no-parking zone, which carries just a $20 fine.

The altered ticket was sent to City Hall, along with $20, Police Lt. Fred Hoysradt said.

Police, who had a copy of the original ticket, saw the change _ then charged Shufro with forgery, a felony punishable by 3 1/2 to seven years in prison, Hoysradt said.

Shufro was arraigned on the charge in Portsmouth District Court on Monday.

"Your honor, this is a parking violation," Shufro told Judge Sharon DeVries as he was being arraigned.

DeVries corrected him.

A hearing on the case has been scheduled for Jan. 3 in Portsmouth District Court.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:37:08 AM EDT
Shufro? Sounds like a hair straightening product, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:37:59 AM EDT

Next time, just pay the ticket.

What it said.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:41:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By deej86:

What it said.

Or just don't park there in the first place.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:44:54 AM EDT
I bet Shufro is an old dope smoker who still is insisting that drugs don't make you do stupid things!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:45:48 AM EDT
Owned!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:46:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By sven:

What it said.

I never really understood why non-handicapped people park in handicapped spaces, anyway. Walking a few extra feet to a parking space just doesn't bother me at all.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:47:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Shooter505:
I bet Shufro is an old dope smoker who still is insisting that drugs don't make you do stupid things!

You are offering yourself as proof of the theory, I take it.

Now back to the actual subject.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:47:40 AM EDT
this guy sounds like a real piece of shit. maybe some time in a cell with bubba will straighten him out a bit...
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:48:21 AM EDT

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:48:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By wolfman97:

What it said.

I never really understood why non-handicapped people park in handicapped spaces, anyway. Walking a few extra feet to a parking space just doesn't bother me at all.

Agreed. My mom has a handicapped placard, because she has bad knees. What makes it worse is the f$%#@^s that park in the striped areas next to the space.

1)That area is NOT a seperate parking spot.
2)The area is designed to give access to those individuals that have the RIGHT to park there...since they may need to get a walker or wheel chair out of their vehicle.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:58:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:02:29 AM EDT

What it said.

Here is one you will love:

My mom had a stroke, and in a wheelchair. She is just about blind also. I took her to the eye doctor one time, and was using a handicapped placard in my truck. I have been to this eye doctor several times, and really hated going there, because of the parking situation. This time I am thinking I got it made becaue I have the handicapped placard. I get there and find a fucking cop had parked in the only handicapped spot.
So I parked behind him so he couldn't get out, and took my mom inside.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:17:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DDiggler:

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:21:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 338winmag:

What it said.

Here is one you will love:

My mom had a stroke, and in a wheelchair. She is just about blind also. I took her to the eye doctor one time, and was using a handicapped placard in my truck. I have been to this eye doctor several times, and really hated going there, because of the parking situation. This time I am thinking I got it made becaue I have the handicapped placard. I get there and find a fucking cop had parked in the only handicapped spot.
So I parked behind him so he couldn't get out, and took my mom inside.

So, how did that story end?
Top Top