Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2005 2:16:36 PM EDT
I have COMPLETELY WASTED 3 full days and some $ trying to deal with South Carolinas Department of Motor Vehicles.

The people there have ZERO CLUE!!!

The forms from the state say 1 thing.........the DMV employees demand something else!

When you read the requirements on the state form to them they PURPOSELY give you the run around!

They are IGNORANT, STUPID PEOPLE!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:28:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah what you say might be true but they have a union.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:56:58 PM EDT
[#3]
You have to remember that government work, with a few exceptions*, is basically welfare.

* The military, LEO's, Firemen, EMTs, etc... are the exceptions, of course.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:01:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have COMPLETELY WASTED 3 full days and some $ trying to deal with South Carolinas Department of Motor Vehicles.

The forms from the state say 1 thing.........the DMV employees demand something else!

When you read the requirements on the state form to them they PURPOSELY give you the run around!

How about some detail?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:49:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about some detail?

Yes, details please, to prove you aren't the 'IGNORANT, STUPID PEOPLE!!!!!!'
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:58:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:07:42 PM EDT
[#8]
You can always refer to THIS THREAD to learn how to properly rant.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:11:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I have had experiences with both kinds of DMV employees.  Some do everything they can to help you out.  Others have a chip on their shoulder and live to piss people off.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:13:29 PM EDT
[#10]
How is it that one comedian refers to the DMV?  Oh yeah: The Devil's Asshole.  So true.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:35:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:15:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have had experiences with both kinds of DMV employees.  Some do everything they can to help you out.  Others have a chip on their shoulder and live to piss people off.

Big +1!

We generally have to go out of town, 45 miles north, to get anything done.  The office here is just full of hard-ass know-nothings who never seem to be up on the real rules and regs.  When renewing my CDL w/ Hazmat recently, they actually accused me of falsifying federal govt. documents and said that I would never get me livense renewed. I walked out the door and had my new license in two hours in the next town over.

Sounds about like my exp.  I used to drive 30+ miles to avoid using the DMV in my hometown.  Bunch of fvcktarded idiots.  On three different times & three diff vehicles they managed to fvck up my registration/renewal...as in there was no information entered into the state DMV computer.  And I wasn't the only one, the last city cop knew immediately to ask if I had renewed my tags at the local DMV since he had seen more than enuff of their fvckups.  The state eventually hammered them/revoked their franchise (some DMV offices are subcontracted out around here IIRC) & changed the people doing it.  It's like night & day.  No more computer screwups, no snotty "respect mah authority" attitude (bitch clerk about had a cow because I checked off the "I object" box re using my SSN as DL #), the line moves quickly because the new clerks have an above room temp IQ, etc.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:33:33 AM EDT
[#13]
My brother sold used cars for years.  He spent much more time at the SC DMV than he did buying or selling.  It's amazing how badly they can screw-up even the simplest things.

The worst part of it is if you get stopped, the cops never believe the problem is with the DMV.  There's no telling how many of his customers got tickets or had their cars taken by the cops because of DMV screw-ups.  As an example, his grandson bought a car from him, but the DMV missed a letter when they typed-in the VIN.  Very often the cops here check VIN's at those illegal random searches (aka roadblocks), and the cops aren't smart enough to understand that the DMV made a mistake.  Instead they take your car and charge you hundreds of dollars to get it back.  After the third time the police took his car he had to let them keep it since the storage fees ended-up more than the car was worth since it took so long for him to get the DMV to finally fix the registration card.  Morons at DMV plus idiot cops = disaster.z
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Big +1!

We generally have to go out of town, 45 miles north, to get anything done.  The office here is just full of hard-ass know-nothings who never seem to be up on the real rules and regs.  When renewing my CDL w/ Hazmat recently, they actually accused me of falsifying federal govt. documents and said that I would never get me livense renewed. I walked out the door and had my new license in two hours in the next town over.

Sounds about like my exp.  I used to drive 30+ miles to avoid using the DMV in my hometown.  Bunch of fvcktarded idiots.  On three different times & three diff vehicles they managed to fvck up my registration/renewal...as in there was no information entered into the state DMV computer.  And I wasn't the only one, the last city cop knew immediately to ask if I had renewed my tags at the local DMV since he had seen more than enuff of their fvckups.  The state eventually hammered them/revoked their franchise (some DMV offices are subcontracted out around here IIRC) & changed the people doing it.  It's like night & day.  No more computer screwups, no snotty "respect mah authority" attitude (bitch clerk about had a cow because I checked off the "I object" box re using my SSN as DL #), the line moves quickly because the new clerks have an above room temp IQ, etc.  

DMV offices in Missouri are political patronage awarded to folks that supported the person the last winner of the governor's race.  [There are a handful of state run offices, but they are few and far between.]

You ain't see nothin' til you go to the Virgina DMV, which you get to enjoy two times per year.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:32:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:55:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

DMV offices in Missouri are political patronage awarded to folks that supported the person the last winner of the governor's race.  [There are a handful of state run offices, but they are few and far between.]

I wasn't sure exactly what the deal was, IIRC the idiots at my hometown DMV had been running it since before I started driving in '85.  All I know is the idiots are gone  "..and there was much rejoicing among the people.."

You ain't see nothin' til you go to the Virgina DMV, which you get to enjoy two times per year.

Crom!  Once every two years is bad enuff.  Going to a every other year inspection/renewal was one of the smartest things the MO legislature has done, right up there with Concealed Carry  Now if we could kill the BS "pistol permit" BS it'd be all sunshine & butterflies.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:21:45 PM EDT
[#17]
For those assholes who blather on about national health care, I ask them if they want a bunch of idiots who are as efficient as the DMV, with the compassion of the IRS? They usually don't answer.    
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:31:00 PM EDT
[#18]
"Been to Hell and I spell it, spell it DMV

Anyone who's been there knows exactly what I mean

I stood in line and waited near an hour and fifteen

and if I had my 'druthers, I'd screw a chimpanzee

Call it, Pointless"

Primus.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:44:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:46:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
You have to remember that government work, with a few exceptions*, is basically welfare.

* The military, LEO's, Firemen, EMTs, etc... are the exceptions, of course.

DMV in most states is not goverment.  it exists in that psuedo-govermentworld like the federal reserve and private for profit prisons.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:45:41 PM EDT
[#22]
I've had nothing but good experiences with Virginia DMV.  They have a good website where you can do a lot without visiting an office.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:07:25 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I've had nothing but good experiences with Virginia DMV.  They have a good website where you can do a lot without visiting an office.

I used the office on Mercury Blvd between Hampton and Newport News, where driving tests were given on a course out back while the examiner watched from a low tower.  This was in the late 70's, so maybe it's better now, but that's not the way to bet.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:08:45 PM EDT
[#24]
I dont go to the close one here, its always a 2 hour wait
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:25:23 PM EDT
[#25]
You fellas never been to the Maine DMV...

In order to even pick a number for the priveledge of waiting 6 hours for your turn, you have to have sex with a goat.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:48:06 PM EDT
[#26]
South Carolina state agencies and departments are generally a marvel of bureaucracy and inefficiency.  The county offices can be just as bad.  

Every once in a while you will encounter a helpful employee, but their presence rarely makes up for the rest of the yahoos that staff these places.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:57:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Believe it or not, the South Carolina bureaucracy is legendary for its goofiness.  It's so bad, examples of their colossal fuckups have started to make their way into the Graduate curriculum of Public Administration programs at major universities.

Seriously.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top