Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 7:26:16 AM EDT
My birthday is coming up in a few days, and being so close to Christmas usually makes it a non-event.  I decided to celebrate it this year with a new toy.  May I present the latest addition to my modest family of firearms...

http://www.TWNCommunications.Net/Other/WaltherNoSerial.jpg

I picked up this Walther P38 AC43 last night, and can't wait to clean it up and take it to the range.  I altered the picture to remove part of the serial number, hence the gap, but it is #2xx4a, and is one of approximately 135,000 AC43's that were manufactured.

The serial numbers match all the way around.  It doesn't have an import stamp, which means it probably came back to the United States as a "bringback" weapon grabbed by an American soldier.  I don't know  anything about the history of the weapon.  I have no clue how to judge the quality of a military firearm, but I'd rate is as "pretty darn good" compared to some of the auctions I see online.

http://www.TWNCommunications.Net/Other/WaltherP38.jpg

In this second picture, you can see the manufacturers stamp with "359" stamped below it.  From what I can find, this stamp indicates it was manufactured at a factory in Zella-Mehlis, Germany.  The center stamp is the standard Nazi firearm proofmark, showing an eagle standing over a swastika.  The picture isn't all that great, but the stamps are quite clear on the piece itself.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have any clue what this thing might be worth?  I have a feeling I got too good a deal on this piece.

I'll let you guys know how it shoots once I get it to the range!

-James
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:27:24 AM EDT
[#1]

Nice Walther!

HH
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:13:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Many thanks!  Do any of you guys know where I can get a couple of spare mags for this thing?  I usually buy OEM mags, so I'm not very familiar with third-party magazine manufacturers.  Any suggestions?

-James
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top