Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:37:31 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

All it does is affirm our ignorance.

Bullshit, The dog's only purpose is to serve and protect man......if you are compairing that to a chicken or a cow your a fucking idiot.

Bullshit.  Dogs are animals........if you are comparing dogs to humans you a fucking idiot.  

Dogs are domesticated animals. I don't think anyone is equating them with humans.

Aren't you?  You are equating eating dogs with eating humans (see post above).  By the same token, do you also think it's ok to have sex with dogs?  Nevermind, don't answer that.

No he wasn't.  He was showing how flawed the rationale "they do it there so it must be ok" is.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:40:24 AM EDT
[#2]
if i am starving bye bye dog,hello supper.

people think that if we don't do it in our culuture.no one othe rculture should do it.
eating dog has been around thousands of years.if you grew up in that culuture would you care that it was a dog or just it is food like cow.

i have no problem with what ever someone wants to eat.as long as it is not my dogs.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:44:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

people think that if we don't do it in our culuture.no one othe rculture should do it.
eating dog has been around thousands of years.if you grew up in that culuture would you care that it was a dog or just it is food like cow.

i have no problem with what ever someone wants to eat.as long as it is not my dogs.

If I was starving I'd do a lot of things I wouldn't normally do.

And cannibalism existed for 1,000s of years. Means NOTHING in terms of people being evolved enough to recognize another evolved species.

I understand that in Asia they eat dogs and have done so for centuries. And I think I probalby know as much about asian culture and history as most people. Doesn't mean I deem it all normal.

Now here is one for you people who don't have a problem with it. In Japan, following the unification and end of the Feudal wars the practice of homosexaulity was quite common. Does that make it suddendly acceptable? Or is that somehow different?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:46:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
.......showing how flawed the rationale "they do it there so it must be ok" is.

Just as flawed as the "if we don't do it here, it must NOT be ok" mentality
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:50:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, ok.  But you're the one saying that because it's done elsewhere it's ok.  There's all kinds of objectionable shit out there.

ETA:
And I’ve been in Asia enough to know our morality and our system is better.
Why do you think people try to come here from everywhere but hardly anyone goes to Asian shitholes except for a visit or for business?  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:52:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Now here is one for you people who don't have a problem with it. In Japan, following the unification and end of the Feudal wars the practice of homosexaulity was quite common. Does that make it suddendly acceptable? Or is that somehow different?

Most places around the world (Rome, Greece, Africa, Asia, etc..), homosexuality was common before the introduction of Christianity.  Personally, I couldn't care less, obviously you feel that you should be able to tell people not only what they eat, but who they go to bed with.    
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:54:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And cannibalism existed for 1,000s of years. Means NOTHING in terms of people being evolved enough to recognize another evolved species.

I understand that in Asia they eat dogs and have done so for centuries. And I think I probalby know as much about asian culture and history as most people. Doesn't mean I deem it all normal.

The homosexaulity stuff doesn't bother me one bit.if they desire to have the same sex relations fine with me.If they want to get married good for them.

i don't want to see them out in public having sex,just like i don't want to see straight couples having sex where may kids could see them.

20 years from now there won't be much said about gay marraiges,just like black/white marriages it is accepted.

and if someone wants to eat dogs knock them self out and eat it.Tast like chicken!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:58:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am truly distressed by humans who can't figure out dogs don't belong on the food chain.

You will probably not find another mammal as domesticated or loyal to humans as the dog. Only a shitstain would eat them for no reason.

Pigs.  Pigs are way more intelligent and can be more loyal than dogs ever could be, but you have nothing against eating bacon, do you?

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:02:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Pigs.  Pigs are way more intelligent and can be more loyal than dogs ever could be, but you have nothing against eating bacon, do you?

They are an animal with almost no other reason then be food for other mammals, just like the cow, just like the chicken, turkey, goose.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:03:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Just as another insite into eating dog:

When I was in Korea (93-95) I visited a commercial dog farm. These dogs are raised strictly for meat.
They are NOT mixed breed dogs. Only one type of dog is raised to be eaten. This breed is 1000's of years old. Its bloodline is closely guarded for purity. I see nothing wrong with this practice. Its no different than raising rabbits or chickens for meat.
You fella's that are saying that dogs should not be consumed as food need to get out more.....its been happening far longer than "American values" have even existed. Stop thinking that the American way is the only way. All it does is affirm our ignorance.

I see the "Americans are ignorant/inferior" snobs have shown up.

If the rest of the world is so superior, there are flights leaving daily...

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:04:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

And rest assured that is how cannibals feel. Who are we "pompous libtards" to say they cannot fuck thier children. After all our way doesn't mean it's the right way, just ask NAMBLA.

The bottom line is some people are a little more evolved than others. And I'm not gonna pretend uncivilized, unevolved folks are just "quaint."

You're comparing the act of eating a dog with that of eating a person?  And you don't see that as irrational?

You are trying to inflict your beliefs on other people.  When I was over in Iraq, I first thought it was horrible that the Army would spend so much effort on shooting stray dogs.  After repeatedly getting attacked by packs of stray dogs for weeks on end, we shot, ran over and killed as many dogs we could find, and was glad to do it.  They were some mean bastards over there.  

Like I said, some people keep pigs as pets, and there have been cases where pigs have defended their owners from bad people.  Crows are extremely intelligent birds, some of them can even fashion tools out of sticks, but I don't see you up in arms over people  who run over crows with their cars or shoot them with bb guns.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:05:41 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Dogs are domesticated animals. I don't think anyone is equating them with humans.

I do, I would risk my life for a dog, not so likely for a human.

Dogs continue to put there lives at stake for man and get treated poorly IMHO by most.  They are the greatest gift to humans and the only animal which would die readily for their family.  We can atleast show them some fucking respect by not eating them or tolerating those that do.

pigs are more intelligent, show more loyalty and have defended and died readily for families that have adopted them.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:07:00 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
OMFG, dude go back to PETAforums, they're missing you

And NAMBLA wants you back on their forums.

After all our ignorance of thinking child molestation is wrong and that is supported by the fact that other cultures fuck their kids.

HAHA, this is getting better and better.  Now you are equating eating dogs with child molestation.....yeah, you make some really rational comparisons here    
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:10:21 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Well, ok.  But you're the one saying that because it's done elsewhere it's ok.  There's all kinds of objectionable shit out there.

You get an F for reading comprehension.  Please read the thread, nowhere did I insinuate or say anything even remotely close.

ETA:
Why do you think people try to come here from everywhere but hardly anyone goes to Asian shitholes except for a visit or for business?  

System yes, morality, no.  Even in those "shitholes", it's safer there than in the states.  If you really have been to Asia, you'd know there are huge expat communities there.  Naturally there is more immigration the other way for opportunistic reasons, whether it stays like that who knows?  Fools like you are the ones who breed the perception of American arrogance, how are you going to claim cultural superiority for being the "top dog" for a few decades, when other countries/cultures have been there for centuries/millenia?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:15:56 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So are cows and pigs.

For the reading impaired like I said on Page One...

When a cow shows the same capacity for intelligence and compatability I'll stop eating steak.

And thats why I added "AND PIGS."  Thought so.

And ALSO from Page One.

When was the last time a pig saved a persons life?

Read much?

Pigs have proven intelligence showing near the same levels as common dogs right?  Would you say that the only differences between dogs and pigs is that pigs are not kept as household pets and pigs are raised to be eaten?  Wanna bet that a pig can and will do everything a dog can?  There is nothing magical or mystikal about dogs contrary to what you may believe.  The only difference between a pig and dog is what we've grown up knowing.  In other parts of the world dogs are born and breed to be eaten just like pigs.  Think much?

BTW your implied relevance to dog eating and child molestation and homosexuality is quite disturbing.  You may be harboring some inner guilt or insecurities.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:16:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
[No he wasn't.  He was showing how flawed the rationale "they do it there so it must be ok" is.

+1

Cultural Relativism is liberal propaganda bullshit. We have every right to make moral and value judgements about another culture's practices and values, otherwise our values we have become meaningless. But do not fret, they have every right to judge our culture as well so its all fair.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:20:51 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You get an F for reading comprehension.  Please read the thread, nowhere did I insinuate or say anything even remotely close.

ETA:

System yes, morality, no.  Even in those "shitholes", it's safer there than in the states.  If you really have been to Asia, you'd know there are huge expat communities there.  Naturally there is more immigration the other way for opportunistic reasons, whether it stays like that who knows?  Fools like you are the ones who breed the perception of American arrogance, how are you going to claim cultural superiority for being the "top dog" for a few decades, when other countries/cultures have been there for centuries/millenia?

If you say I get an F in reading comprehension, ok.  But it sounded like you were defending the practice by saying it's not "wrong", it's just "different".  Was I mistaken?

I'm not even an American bud.  You don't know what you're talking about when you talk about me and my "American arrogance".  

If you don't think this country is the best why don't you go to the one that is?  I did.  I came here.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:22:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[No he wasn't.  He was showing how flawed the rationale "they do it there so it must be ok" is.

+1

Cultural Relativism is liberal propaganda bullshit. We have every right to make moral and value judgements about another culture's practices and values, otherwise our values we have become meaningless. But do not fret, they have every right to judge our culture as well so its all fair.

Right, so how about the "we don't do it here, so it must not be ok" mentality?   It swings both ways.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:23:08 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Pigs have proven intelligence showing near the same levels as common dogs right?

Actually pigs are much smarter than dogs.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:24:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Somehow i have a feeling people have been eating dog longer than America has been around, and I dont think they are going to stop  doing things that are OK in their culture becuase another culture feels its not right.  Does that ring a bell to anyone?

That being said, who fucking cares.  Its a fucking dog.  They arent eating your dog.  Find something more important to worry about.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:26:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Do you know why early man domesticated animals?  To make it easier to eat them, so we didn't have to use energy chasing the animals down. Sure, dogs were useful in guarding the home (which pigs can and have done), but when the dog got older and less useful, I am sure it ended up in the pot too.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:34:44 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
If you say I get an F in reading comprehension, ok.  But it sounded like you were defending the practice by saying it's not "wrong", it's just "different".  Was I mistaken?

I'm not even an American bud.  You don't know what you're talking about when you talk about me and my "American arrogance".  

If you don't think this country is the best why don't you go to the one that is?  I did.  I came here.  

Ahh, the love it or leave it defense, the weakest retort of all.  Well welcome to America "bud", here are some are some quotes you'd learn from the history books had you grown up here.

James Baldwin:
I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually.

Margaret Chase Smith:
Moral cowardice that keeps us from speaking our minds is as dangerous to this country as irresponsible talk. The right way is not always the popular and easy way. Standing for right when it is unpopular is a true test of moral character.

Mark Twain:
Each man must for himself alone decide what is right and what is wrong, which course is patriotic and which isn't. You cannot shirk this and be a man. To decide against your conviction is to be an unqualified and excusable traitor, both to yourself and to your country, let me label you as they may.

Theodore Roosevelt:
To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.

William O. Douglas:
Restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions. It is the one un-American act that could most easily defeat us.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:38:53 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So are cows and pigs.

For the reading impaired like I said on Page One...

When a cow shows the same capacity for intelligence and compatability I'll stop eating steak.

And thats why I added "AND PIGS."  Thought so.

And ALSO from Page One.

Read much?

Pigs have proven intelligence showing near the same levels as common dogs right?  Would you say that the only differences between dogs and pigs is that pigs are not kept as household pets and pigs are raised to be eaten?  Wanna bet that a pig can and will do everything a dog can?  There is nothing magical or mystikal about dogs contrary to what you may believe.  The only difference between a pig and dog is what we've grown up knowing.  In other parts of the world dogs are born and breed to be eaten just like pigs.  Think much?

BTW your implied relevance to dog eating and child molestation and homosexuality is quite disturbing.  You may be harboring some inner guilt or insecurities.

I am aware of a pigs general intelligence but they lack the same degree of domestication.

That is why I never questioned their intelligence and why I specifically asked this question.

And a pig isn't capable of the same kind of acts that a dog is or we'd have them for pets and they'd be doing the same kind of life saving activities that dogs are known for. This is because a pig will, among other things, eat a human. They don't have nearly the same kind of bond to humans that dogs do.

Might wanna learn a few things about that before you question someones thinking.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:39:51 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No not true at all. Some cultures are simply more evolved.

Not everything we do it better, but many things are and that is for a reason.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:40:20 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am truly distressed by humans who can't figure out dogs don't belong on the food chain.

You will probably not find another mammal as domesticated or loyal to humans as the dog. Only a shitstain would eat them for no reason.

While I agree wholeheartedly with your statement...

In some parts of India cows are sacred and off the menu

+1

Different countries, different ideals......India/Cows, US/Dogs, Africa/Humans, etc....

....just look at Africa.....human life is not sacred there!

Plus.......here's a video that caused an uproar before, and  yes, I know there's more to the story, but still sucks, and it looks like after some time, Americans in Iraq, at least some, are picking up local values, in regards to the lives of dogs:

GRAPHIC LINK GUYS.....

Video Link of US soldiers shooting a wild dog.....

Sucks watching it, but as Slacker pointed out, the American way, is more often than not, not the World way......as much as we would, and I too....would like it to be.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most places around the world (Rome, Greece, Africa, Asia, etc..), homosexuality was common before the introduction of Christianity.  Personally, I couldn't care less, obviously you feel that you should be able to tell people not only what they eat, but who they go to bed with.    

Nice try new guy.

I could give a damn if two guys are butt buddies or not. It was just an example.

But I chose that example because MANY of the people who think everything should be on the menu think that homosexuality is a crime against nature. I was simply demonstrating the flaws of a "When in Rome" concept.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:42:30 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The homosexaulity stuff doesn't bother me one bit.if they desire to have the same sex relations fine with me.If they want to get married good for them.

i don't want to see them out in public having sex,just like i don't want to see straight couples having sex where may kids could see them.

20 years from now there won't be much said about gay marraiges,just like black/white marriages it is accepted.

and if someone wants to eat dogs knock them self out and eat it.Tast like chicken!

It wasn't addressed to you specifically.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:43:49 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cite an example of pigs defending human life against a threat.

I know pigs will eat a human, I'm not aware of them ever defending one.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:44:08 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahh, the love it or leave it defense, the weakest retort of all.  Well welcome to America "bud", here are some are some quotes you'd learn from the history books had you grown up here.

James Baldwin:
I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually.

Margaret Chase Smith:
Moral cowardice that keeps us from speaking our minds is as dangerous to this country as irresponsible talk. The right way is not always the popular and easy way. Standing for right when it is unpopular is a true test of moral character.

Mark Twain:
Each man must for himself alone decide what is right and what is wrong, which course is patriotic and which isn't. You cannot shirk this and be a man. To decide against your conviction is to be an unqualified and excusable traitor, both to yourself and to your country, let me label you as they may.

Theodore Roosevelt:
To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.

William O. Douglas:
Restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions. It is the one un-American act that could most easily defeat us.

But I'm not saying love it or leave it.  I think every patriot owes thoughtful criticism towards the government so you are barking up the wrong tree.  See, I agree with those quotes.  You're missing my point unless this is a deliberate strawman because you don't have a real answer.
I'm asking, why would anyone stay in a place if they thought there was somewhere better?  I went somewhere better.  Or are you not internationally marketable enough to get visas/permits anywhere you like?
I'm seriously asking why you would settle for second best (or third, or fourth or wherever you place the US)?

ETA:  There’s a difference between criticizing your government or other things about your country and thinking there is a better place to live.  I am addressing the latter.
My point you took exception to was that we have the best system/morality here.  Since you objected to that you presumably think there is a better place.  So why not go there?  That is by no means rhetorical.  Unless you want to go with the idea that the US is, in fact, the best place to live but not totally perfect.  I would just have to agree with you on that.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:45:25 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And rest assured that is how cannibals feel. Who are we "pompous libtards" to say they cannot fuck thier children. After all our way doesn't mean it's the right way, just ask NAMBLA.

The bottom line is some people are a little more evolved than others. And I'm not gonna pretend uncivilized, unevolved folks are just "quaint."

You're comparing the act of eating a dog with that of eating a person?  And you don't see that as irrational?

Try re reading what I wrote.

It is not a direct comparisson. It was another example of what other cultures deem "acceptable" and provides an example of why that often doesn't mean jack shit.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:45:48 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA:

It is a shithole and thanks to the living conditions we get to deal with delights like the flu.

Here is a map - did this start in Peoria? I don't think so.

It's what you get when you live with pigs and chickens and inhale the dust kicked up from their crap.

Or maybe you want to tell us how superior Mexico or South America or Monrovia is.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:55:22 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

A woman was attacked in her garage by two guys intent on breaking into her home, they hit her over the head with a pipe or some other object.  She screamed and fell on the floor.  Right when she screamed, her 300 pound pig that she keeps in the garage attacked the one that hit her and took a huge chunk of his leg off.  He then attacked the other dude.  I read it in the local paper, but it was a while ago and I can't get into the archives without paying for it.

And a pig isn't capable of the same kind of acts that a dog is or we'd have them for pets and they'd be doing the same kind of life saving activities that dogs are known for. This is because a pig will, among other things, eat a human. They don't have nearly the same kind of bond to humans that dogs do.

There was an article with one of the Medical Examiners from the city of Phoenix, and they were asking questions about the state of bodies they brought in.  She said that small dogs tended to eat the bodies of people who died in their homes, and they didn't wait very long before chowing down, it wasn't a question of the dog starving.  She stated that in her opinion, they began to eat the body when they realized their owner was dead.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:58:18 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Plus.......here's a video that caused an uproar before, and  yes, I know there's more to the story, but still sucks, and it looks like after some time, Americans in Iraq, at least some, are picking up local values, in regards to the lives of dogs:

GRAPHIC LINK GUYS.....

Sucks watching it, but as Slacker pointed out, the American way, is more often than not, not the World way......as much as we would, and I too....would like it to be.  

Like I said, that's a matter of survival over there.  Those dogs are mangy, mean and vicious.  Plus I am sure that rabies is very rampant over there.  My driver in Iraq got attacked by a dog at the fuel point in our base, and he was still in the vehicle.  His arm was hanging out the window and the dog charged his door.  Luckily he got his arm back inside in  time, but we could hear the dog pounding on the door by backing up and throwing himself against the door, snarling.  We had to exit the other side of the vehicle and shoot him with out 9mms because he wasn't going to stop anytime soon.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:58:45 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
But I'm not saying love it or leave it.  

Quote: "If you don't think this country is the best why don't you go to the one that is?"

I think every patriot owes thoughtful criticism towards the government so you are barking up the wrong tree.  See, I agree with those quotes.  You're missing my point unless this is a deliberate strawman because you don't have a real answer.
I'm asking, why would anyone stay in a place if they thought there was somewhere better?  I went somewhere better.  Or are you not internationally marketable enough to get visas/permits anywhere you like?
I'm seriously asking why you would settle for second best (or third, or fourth or wherever you place the US)?

ETA:  There’s a difference between criticizing your government or other things about your country and thinking there is a better place to live.  I am addressing the latter.
My point you took exception to was that we have the best system/morality here.  Since you objected to that you presumably think there is a better place.  So why not go there?  That is by no means rhetorical.  Unless you want to go with the idea that the US is, in fact, the best place to live but not totally perfect.  I would just have to agree with you on that.

Where did I ever say this is not the best country?  You assume and you know what they say about assumptions.  Best and perfect are 2 different things as I believe we both know.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:01:04 AM EDT
[#35]
IBTPit
ETA: better to eat the dog than the dog eat you.
My dad ate a dog when he was a kid in China.
He went back as an adult and was offered dog meat. He turned it down cause he had a pet dog back home and is to this day grossed out that he ate a dog as a child
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:07:08 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

So I guess those dogs that were eating people in New Orleans were just misguided?  Pigs kept as pets are probably just as capable of defending their pod/brood/pack/gang as dogs are.  The difference is we primarily raise pigs because bacon tastes so damned good.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:09:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Damn.  I just had Chinese for lunch.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:12:43 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I am aware of a pigs general intelligence but they lack the same degree of domestication.

That is why I never questioned their intelligence and why I specifically asked this question.

Might wanna learn a few things about that before you question someones thinking.

Might want to question your own answers since you know the answer and main difference that primarily seperates the two from one another.  Consider this:  Pigs have always been used for meat, they have a lot of it.  Dogs have been used for meat in countries where pigs are not as prevelent.  Dogs have been used as companions primarily in countries which have pigs, dogs are used for both in countries where they do not have as many.  In the countries that do not raise pigs, its primarily because pigs are exactly that, they require a hell of a lot of food and resources, dogs not so much.  Ponder that for awhile.

Edit: google "pigs saves owners" tell us what you find
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:14:53 AM EDT
[#39]
True......I heard the whole reason why they were shot, and I feel the same way as others here, dogs to me, are sacred........but a rabid dog, in the case of the video, gotta do, what needs to be done.

But as far as eating dogs......that, to me.....is too much.  I personally, think it shouldn't be allowed, but who am I to say what other people, in their own country, shoudl do.

Much like the UN and their blue helmets, telling me that I can't own guns, and imposing their will, upon me.  

Or like Europe giving us shit, for executing a CONVICTED murdered Tookie, and saying we're barbaric.......screw them too.  

This is our way of life, must like eating dogs is theirs..........its not right to me, but who am I to say anything.

Just hope its quick, and the dogs dont' suffer......that would give me some solace, if any!  

Quoted:

Quoted:

GRAPHIC LINK GUYS.....

Like I said, that's a matter of survival over there.  Those dogs are mangy, mean and vicious.  Plus I am sure that rabies is very rampant over there.  My driver in Iraq got attacked by a dog at the fuel point in our base, and he was still in the vehicle.  His arm was hanging out the window and the dog charged his door.  Luckily he got his arm back inside in  time, but we could hear the dog pounding on the door by backing up and throwing himself against the door, snarling.  We had to exit the other side of the vehicle and shoot him with out 9mms because he

wasn't going to stop anytime soon.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:18:22 AM EDT
[#40]
All I see is lot's of cultural prejudice
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
It is a shithole and thanks to the living conditions we get to deal with delights like the flu.

Here is a map - did this start in Peoria? I don't think so.

It's what you get when you live with pigs and chickens and inhale the dust kicked up from their crap.

Oh man, true ignorance at its best.  

Q: Guess what the most deadly pandemic ever was?
A: The "Spanish" flu of 1918.  Killed anywhere from 20-100M people depending on estimates.

Q: Guess where it mutated from? Hint:  It wasn't Spain.
A: The swine and poultry farms in Fort Riley Kansas.  The virus was just another strain of influenza until it was brought to Fort Riley where they raised their own pigs and chickens for internal consumption.

I'm not arguing all cultures are equal, what I will say though is that ignorants that consider themselves "culturally superior" often hold this delusion out of stupidity or ignorance (or both).  More often than not, they sit at the bottom rungs of their "culturally superior" society, funny that.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:27:58 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Dog is pretty good.  So is Howler monkey, snake, and Monk parrot.  Cat on the other hand,  sucks.

Cat ain't that bad, never had dog to compare it to,  I will have to put it on my todo list.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:35:32 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A woman was attacked in her garage by two guys intent on breaking into her home, they hit her over the head with a pipe or some other object.  She screamed and fell on the floor.  Right when she screamed, her 300 pound pig that she keeps in the garage attacked the one that hit her and took a huge chunk of his leg off.  He then attacked the other dude.  I read it in the local paper, but it was a while ago and I can't get into the archives without paying for it.

There was an article with one of the Medical Examiners from the city of Phoenix, and they were asking questions about the state of bodies they brought in.  She said that small dogs tended to eat the bodies of people who died in their homes, and they didn't wait very long before chowing down, it wasn't a question of the dog starving.  She stated that in her opinion, they began to eat the body when they realized their owner was dead.

Pigs eat people who are still alive. Big difference.

I used to live in Iowa. Dogs, cats and other animals stayed away from the pigs because a pig will eat anything. Plenty of strories about farmers getting bumped on the head and being eaten by his pigs.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:38:24 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So I guess those dogs that were eating people in New Orleans were just misguided?  Pigs kept as pets are probably just as capable of defending their pod/brood/pack/gang as dogs are.  The difference is we primarily raise pigs because bacon tastes so damned good.

Geeze dude, can you just not read? Addressed this one already too.

Again from Page One.

Dogs have a KNOWN AND ESTABLISHED track record of saving humans and being of benefit to humans. The fact that dogs are known to attack humans (pitbulls, etc) does not offset that established record in any appreciable way. In fact attacks are news because they are not the usual behavior of dogs.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:41:58 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Might want to question your own answers since you know the answer and main difference that primarily seperates the two from one another.  Consider this:  Pigs have always been used for meat, they have a lot of it.  Dogs have been used for meat in countries where pigs are not as prevelent.  Dogs have been used as companions primarily in countries which have pigs, dogs are used for both in countries where they do not have as many.  In the countries that do not raise pigs, its primarily because pigs are exactly that, they require a hell of a lot of food and resources, dogs not so much.  Ponder that for awhile.

Edit: google "pigs saves owners" tell us what you find

You really need to learn about why dogs were domesticated the way they are.

Only a complete fucking idiot doesn't believe dogs were NOT origianlly food for early man. But a funny thing happened, dogs took a different path (due to their relationship with man) and were as a result taken off of the menu by MOST cultures that were sufficiently evolved enough to recognize such things.

For someone who is apparantly aware of the rare few instances a pig seems to have saved an owner, you don't seem to know much about mans early relationship with dogs.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:44:29 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I used to live in Iowa. Dogs, cats and other animals stayed away from the pigs because a pig will eat anything. Plenty of strories about farmers getting bumped on the head and being eaten by his pigs.

I read about that, I think the book was called "Animal Farm"

This discussion has gotten really stupid reallly quickly, you win.   The American way is the only way, dogs good, pigs bad.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Dog's won't eat a live human?  Tell that to anyone ever attacked by a dog.  Oh, maybe they just wanted to kill them, but not eat them.  

Stupid arguments on both sides of this thread.  If you have to name call, you have lost...
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:52:46 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Sorry man but under the direst of circumstances if it is me or the dog, I am eating the dog.  Now I wouldn't do it for the hell of it, and I love my dog, but I think if it came down to me or her, then I am pretty sure that she would be willing to lay her life down so that I may live, just as dog's have been doing for their masters for centuries.  

HOWEVER I am not condoning, eating a dog for no apparent reason I would only eat my dog if we are at like TEOTWAWKI
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I read about that, I think the book was called "Animal Farm"

This discussion has gotten really stupid reallly quickly, you win.   The American way is the only way, dogs good, pigs bad.  

+1 dogs and man are magical.  Accordingly wild or feral dogs are not classified or considered into the equation since they are not or were ex-pets, but pigs are automatically discarded ad nauseum.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 11:03:20 AM EDT
[#50]
hero pig!

I am sure if people kept pigs as pets as often as they keep dogs as pets this would be much more common.

Claiming that pigs are more dangerous to people than dogs is one of the most insane statements I've ever heard on ARFCOM. I know, I know, these pig attack stories are all over the news! What are we to do? Ban pigs for the children.

The fact is that dogs and pigs are on the same level of intelligence and have the potential for the same level of demostication and loyalty to humans.

You have a dog and can't imagine eating it? Fine, I don't really want to eat dog either, seems gross. That is just how we have been raised.  Yes its how we feel but we should base actions/law on facts not feelings. Baseing one's actions on how one feels is what Democrats do.

So in conclusion, I support eating dogs.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top