Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/16/2005 6:00:13 AM EDT
This one get me......

"Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:01:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Cheezy movie.

Great quote.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:07:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Saving Private Ryan:

"Earn this!"
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:07:22 AM EDT
[#3]
"What This calls for is a really stupid and futile gesture on someone's part..."
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:09:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I cant think of the exact quote right now, but in Band of Brothers, when the english lady asks Malarkey if he would take all the other laundry.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:10:23 AM EDT
[#5]
"I can't get it the whole way in - play with the rest of it."

John Holmes/Johnney Wadd in "Beyond Fullfillment"
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:11:29 AM EDT
[#6]
"Have I been a good man?"

Cemetary scene, the elder Jimmy Ryan
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:13:02 AM EDT
[#7]
"As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a gangster."
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:14:00 AM EDT
[#8]
"Tell my parents that I fought well today, that I fought hard"  -BHD
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:21:59 AM EDT
[#9]
"Wolverines!"
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:24:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Full Metal Jacket:

"I will gouge your eyeballs out and skull-fuck you."  

(Pardon me while I wipe a sentimental tear from my eye...)  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:24:48 AM EDT
[#11]
When I get home people 'll ask me, "Hey Hoot, why do ya do it man? Why? Just some war junkie?" Ya know what I'll say? I won't say a goddamn word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand that it's about the men next to you, and that's it. That's all it is. - "Hoot" in BHD
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:26:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Wolverines!!!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:27:06 AM EDT
[#13]
" What now?  Well let me tell you what now.  I'm gonna call a couple pipe-hittin' niggers, who'll go to work on homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch.  Hear me talkin' hillbilly boy?!  I ain't through with you by a damn sight.  I'm gonna git Medieval on your ass."
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:32:26 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
" What now?  Well let me tell you what now.  I'm gonna call a couple pipe-hittin' niggers, who'll go to work on homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch.  Hear me talkin' hillbilly boy?!  I ain't through with you by a damn sight.  I'm gonna git Medieval on your ass."

+1

My favorite movie.

"You okay?"

"Naw man, I am pretty fuckin far from OK"
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:48:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

My favorite movie.

"You okay?"

"Naw man, I am pretty fuckin far from OK"

Awesome!

eta: On your way in, did you see a sign, saying "Dead Nigger Storage?"
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:50:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Bill Munny: Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess he had it comin'.

Bill Munny: We all got it comin', kid.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:52:33 AM EDT
[#17]
"It's a hell of a thing killin' a man.  You take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna' have."---Will Muny in Unforgiven.

"You wanna know how I did it?  This is how I did it, Anton.  I never saved anything for the swim back."—Vincent Freeman in "Gattaca"
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:56:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Delmar:  "Gopher Everett?"

Everett:  "No thanks Delmar, a third of a gopher would only arouse my appetite without beddin it back down"
________________________________________________________________________________

"Get busy livin'....or get busy dyin'...that's god damn right."
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:59:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Pulp Fiction - the Bible quote which Jules, Samuel Jackson, says to his victims before he kills them. He quotes Ezekial 25:17 as the following:

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children; and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers and you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:03:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Not from a movie...

Everybody dies alone.

Mal from Firefly.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:05:17 AM EDT
[#21]
"You're gonna need a bigger boat."

Jaws
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:11:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Eversmann: Nobody asks to be a hero, it just sometimes turns out that way.

BHD.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:13:45 AM EDT
[#23]
"That'll do Pig,
                        ...That'll do."
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:16:49 AM EDT
[#24]
"We're in position. I'm going to cut across the axis and try and draw their fire."

I get goose bumps everytime I hear that line.

In fact, I have goose bumps from reading it just now.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:21:01 AM EDT
[#25]
"Fix the cigarette lighter."
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:26:40 AM EDT
[#26]
"Did somebody call a plumber?"

Cue cheesy 70's funk
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:27:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Get busy living, or get busy dieing.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:31:00 AM EDT
[#28]
No "IT'S A TRAP" yet??
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:32:02 AM EDT
[#29]
"They took the bar, the whole fucking bar"

"Hey baby, ever have your ass licked by a fat man in an overcoat?"

TXL
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:35:10 AM EDT
[#30]
The whole helicopter attack scene in Apocalypse Now.

-"How you feelin' Jimmy?"
-"Like a mean motherfucker, Sir!"

"Get in there Johnny, ram that skid up that dinks ass"
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:37:44 AM EDT
[#31]
A few:

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best... I'm gonna kill 'em.  Anyone that was involved.  Anybody who profited from it.  Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

"You kill 'em all."
--Man On Fire

"I treasure my remark to a grandson who asked, 'Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?'
'No', I answered, 'But I served in a company of heroes'".
--Major Richard Winters, Band of Brothers

Dupont:"And you, Preston, the supposed savior of the resistance, are now its destroyer, and, along with them, you've given me yourself... calmly... coolly... entirely without incident."

Preston:"No... not without incident."
--Equilibrium

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:38:46 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
This one get me......

"Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

That was Jack Nicholson's best impersonation of William Devane.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:39:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Mel Gibson as Col Moore in "We Were Soldiers".  Particularly....

"We're moving into the 'valley of the shadow of death' -- where you will watch the back of the man next to you, as he will watch yours. And you won't care what color he is or by what name he calls God. They say we're leavin' home. We're goin' to what home was always supposed to be. So let us understand the situation. We are goin' into battle against a tough and determined enemy. I can't promise you that I will bring you all home alive. But this I swear before you and before Almighty God: That when we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off. And I will leave no one behind.  

Dead or alive, we will all come home together.

So help me God."
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:46:38 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Mel Gibson as Col Moore in "We Were Soldiers".  Particularly....

"We're moving into the 'valley of the shadow of death' -- where you will watch the back of the man next to you, as he will watch yours. And you won't care what color he is or by what name he calls God. They say we're leavin' home. We're goin' to what home was always supposed to be. So let us understand the situation. We are goin' into battle against a tough and determined enemy. I can't promise you that I will bring you all home alive. But this I swear before you and before Almighty God: That when we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off. And I will leave no one behind.  

Dead or alive, we will all come home together.

So help me God."

+1
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:47:14 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Bill Munny: Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess he had it comin'.

Bill Munny: We all got it comin', kid.

Wow, rikwriter and I both thought of that too, must have been a damn good quote.

It makes me think.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:48:06 AM EDT
[#36]
snoochie motherfucking doooo!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:49:36 AM EDT
[#37]
"You can't spend your whole life worrying about your mistakes! You fucked up - you trusted us!"
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:51:09 AM EDT
[#38]
America!  FUCK YEAH!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:51:29 AM EDT
[#39]
"My name is Indigo Montoya.  You killed my father.  Prepare to die."

-Mandy Patinkin, The Princess Bride
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:52:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Every man dies.  Not every man truly lives.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:52:12 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Saving Private Ryan:

"Earn this!"

the ultimate guilt trip, 7 mens lives spent for one, Ryan would have had to live seven life times in one to earn that.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:54:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Game over man!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:55:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Now I have a machine gun.  Ho Ho Ho.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:56:21 AM EDT
[#44]
hey lady, have you ever been hungry,..... not just ready for dinner hungry, but hungry where your belly sticks out and you'd eat grass if there was any, yeah.............., you'd eat dog alright..........then fight over the bones.

Paul Newman.......Hombre

thats the price you pay, if you want it where you can nudge it in the night......the house keeper chick in Hombre.

Any man take a shot at me, I'm gonna kill'em, then I'm gonna kill his wife, then kill all his friends, then burn his damn house down.......Will Muney

I don't deserve to die like this........ I was building a house...........Little Bill
Mister, deserves don't have nothin' to do with this.........Will Muney
MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:58:59 AM EDT
[#45]

"This isn't a democracy, it's a cheerocracy !"

... from Bring it On
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:00:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Here's another one:

Qui-gon Jin: "Anakin Skywalker, meet Obi-Wan Kenobi".

And one more:

Obi-Wan: "Only a Sith deals in absolutes...I will do what I must."

Darth Vader: "You will try!"

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:02:59 AM EDT
[#47]
IT'S IN THE HOLE!!!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:07:01 AM EDT
[#48]
"Avenge Me"  Red Dawn
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:08:25 AM EDT
[#49]

"Isn't there anyone out there who can tell me what Christmas is all about?"

"Sure, Charlie Brown, I can tell you."

"And there were in the same country shepherds, abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them! And they were sore afraid ... And the angel said unto them, "Fear not! For, behold, I bring you tidings o great joy, which shall be to all my people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ, the Lord."

"And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger." And suddenly, there was with the angel a multitude of the Heavenly Host praising God, and saying, "Glory to God in the Highest, and on Earth peace, and good will toward men."

"That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown."

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:08:53 AM EDT
[#50]
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die.

Blade Runner, Roy Batty/Rutger Howard. Good scene.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top