BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:18:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
To my really good friends, i like to mention that i'd save them if the zombie apocalypse did come. However, if it really happen, i'd be like "screw you beoch! I don't look like a crazy gun nut NOW do i?"

I am so there with you man!  I can see my coworkers now!

"Uhhh, meeting at Rick's house!"

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:50:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I work in IN not FOR a Wal-mart supercenter. So most of those around me are already zombies..sigh.  But I'm in good with the sporting goods dept mgr. So with a 12 gauge and a mini 14 I've got a fair chance to fight my way out to my urban assault econo car (35 mpg) and E&E back to the Apt where the rest of the goodies and the mate are...Or I could get a chain saw and just pull a Ash..but damn all that zombie gore is sticky

MB
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:51:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
OK, here's the scenario. You are at work when the zombie hord gets set loose. Could you tough it out or are you FUBAR.

I work at a decomissioned nuke plant.
1. Guards have weapons. Lots of weapons and ammo so I am OK there.
2. Lots of heavy equipment around. (Semi trucks, cranes with wrecking balls, man lifts, front end loaders and lots of other stuff. Easy to get around the site if needed.
3. Backup generator for power.
4. Well water.
5. Not alot of food though. But lots' of deer that aren't too afraid of people!

I figure we could hold out for weeks or months inside a secured building against almost any number of zombies.

How about YOU???

I would be a total goner.
I work in an office building with a bunch of office workers.  Some buffoon would lead the entire horde to the floor that I work on. There would be mass hysteria and screaming female co-workers. I would just break into the vending machine and eat my last Snickers bar before dying.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Well my office is less than 50m from the arms room on the largest (personnel wise) post in the military, so I think I'm good. Not to mention Pope AFB ajoins us and Camp Lejeune and Fort Jackson are only an hour and a half or so down the road (in opposite directions). Being at home would actually be better though. Most of my personal collection of firearms are in harder calibers than the military stocks. Being home in Ohio would be even better, 200+ relatives all living within the same county on actively worked farmland and the gun to person ration is probably >6:1. Not to mention that through degrees of separation we easily know everyone that lives in the county and in a true TEOTWAKI go-to-ground situation life would probably carry on pretty much as normal there for quite some time after the initial "Holy shit it's TEOTWAKI" shock wore off.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:17:36 PM EDT
[#5]
i will be purchasing it tonight!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:29:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I manage a restaurant so plenty of food and drink but not very secure.  I'd load up my car, grab my girlfriend and head for home and then hope my wife isn't there.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:04:34 PM EDT
[#7]
fight my way to the car and head back to my house to rearm.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:14:24 PM EDT
[#8]
The zombies have already taken over where I work; you should see our engineering dept. DAYUM, what a bunch of feebs...
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:19:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Raptorman's Journal

and a live journal along the same vein by a fellow who goes by the handle of Alphadog

Alphadog's site

These two links are the same... are they supposed to be??

- rem
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:36:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yeah, but what if the zombies are actually ............. YOUR CO-WORKERS AT THE NUKE PLANT!

Roundhouse kicks for everybody.

Build a bonfire with the dismembered heads, and then grow a beard.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:09:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Raptorman's Journal

and a live journal along the same vein by a fellow who goes by the handle of Alphadog

Alphadog's site

These two links are the same... are they supposed to be??

- rem

Fixed

I shouldn't post at 0530.......
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:32:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Does anyone remember a web page from about a year back all about one mans attempt to survive the collapse of society when the dead began to walk once more. I

It was written as a survivalist Blog and was getting pretty good, when the author stopped updating it.

His explination was he was about to get a book deal out of it and so he had to stop the recounting of his "adventure" among the living dead

I did a search but couldn't find a Link. Anyone know if the page even still exists?

Thats RaptorMan he has a book out, Day to Day Armaggeddon, its Januray though march or may. the second book is colse to done but he has been busy deployed as a Naval Aviator.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:38:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Surrounded by zombies at work? CCW it to the car, Truck gun all the way home, than I'm pretty much home free with access to the armory.

on a side note, Raptormans book is definately a fun read.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:45:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:I'll be OK.

After the zombies start cracking open the heads of my coworkers and find that there are no brains inside, they'll get bored and move on.

I just have to fit in by saying things like
Think outside of the box.
We're going to form a bullet train to reduce expenses.
There is no "I" in "team."

Funniest goddamn post I've read in WEEKS!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 11:32:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I would probably not be in very good shape.  I am only 3.5 miles from the house, have my 1911 and 4 spare mags and an alternate off-road route home.  The problem is that my wife works clear across town and can't be armed in her building.  Getting there would be a bitch.  I have all the gear I could ask for at the house, but if I die while trying to save the wife, it's over.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:20:01 AM EDT
[#16]
I hop into my ambulance or the fire engine and haul it home to  load up.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:40:14 AM EDT
[#17]
The other night while I was at work I got the idea to explore the basement of the building... It's a huge place with turns at every corner () and sparingly placed flickering florescent lights, dead mice, scattered everywhere are old paint cans, electrical supplies and old torn and empty cardboard boxes, also plenty of little scraps of stuff everywhere, a few flooded areas... It's your typical zombie infested dwelling. I had only wished I had some of my toys with me so I could explore with a little more imagination!

I had a flashlight with me that I took from the kitchen but, the batteries were getting low... I saw a light switch near the end of this maze that had only this label scratched into the panel: "FUCK YOU" - I didn't dare turn it on, knowing the last maintenance man was quite distraught when he was fired.

Oh how I wish those damned Aussies would screw up and release that dead reviving virus they've gotten their hands on.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:59:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I thought that's where zombies are manufactured.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I work on Eglin AF Base and luckily I have friends over at the SP shack and the 728th Air Control Squadron.  They are equiped like a light infantry unit with M16's, M249's, M240's, Mk19's and M2's.  Plus a whole parking lot full of Duece's, 5-tons, Hummers and a few odds and ends vehicles.  Enough to  build up into a large Mad Max truck fleet, as we have our own machinist and sheet metal shop.  Oh yeah and 54 F-15's on our side and an apron of F-16's and A-10's, and E-model F-15's.  Plus MOAB's, Eglin is where they test them and a small fleet of C-130's the drop them with.    Across the street is the 33d Wing deployment center with a warehouse full of gear besides everything in warehouses on  the mainside of Eglin.  Just down perimeter road is the EOD Building with all their toys. I think that I would be better off at work than anywhere else besides Hurbert Field, where the AFSOC units are.  All I need is a few essentials from home which is 10 minutes away.  A zombie outbreak would take at lease a day to get full blown and I would have all I needed in a few minutes, and a huge hanger complex to hole up in.

I think with the amount of hardware we have in the area and a already defended trio of Bases in the local area we would pretty much hold our own on the Zombies.  

\

yes but eglin does not have fencing in some spots and the main gates cant be closed

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:45:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Make my way to my living quarters and retrieve my firearms then go out and do some target practice.he

PS- I am on a medical leave from work due to an accident which has left me disabled. so i would not be at work. i would be out and about doing this or that (Read- i would be doing something my wife would not approve of . example- at the firing range/on a private lease going through recon training/ at the nudie bar)
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:52:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Spent most of my adolecent( +10)  life working up to this moment, just like all of you.

GAME ON.

I have many beat, and together we can start a new world.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:56:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Assuming the Building is surrounded by zombies.  My workplace is made up of 90% women.  So that means 90% of the building just became zombies.  The 10% of the men I say 7% bite the big one too.  So going with those odds.  I f'd.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Spaced around work there are: Glock 21, AR-15, Rem 870, HK USP .40.  Roughly 1000 rnds between all of them.  Home is 4 miles.  3 Wal-Marts in town.  There are enough arfcommers in my town we could storm the big Wally world and hopefully hold it.

Tire Fire!!!!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:15:56 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I've the better part of the US military's combat arms within walking distance of my location.  No issues.

I guess you are sitting pretty!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:28:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but what if the zombies are actually ............. YOUR CO-WORKERS AT THE NUKE PLANT!

Best keep your AR under your desk, just in case.

Hey!  I saw that movie...wasn't it Hell of the Living Dead?

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:32:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Zombies at the office?

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:48:45 PM EDT
[#27]
at least theres a couple cute nurses and a PT assistant to poke.
so alls not lost

Lebrew
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:54:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Hey... what the hell are you doing? You're going to ruin the whole fantasy that zombie outbreaks only occur  after supper hours.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Hell, yeah, I work at home (stay-at-home-mommy).  This is where we keep all the guns, ammo, food and holy water!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:11:15 PM EDT
[#30]
I'd drive home. This bumper was built to survive Michigan's Kamikaze deer at highway speeds. I'm sure thumping a few undead at 25 or so won't stress it out much.

Like the rest of you, I'd get home and gather the usual party favors.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:40:51 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I work on a very secure 660 acre facility.....and I work with explosives.....TONS  of them....and I am one of the folks with access to the mags and keys.  I'm pretty good to go.  The gang and I could rig ourselves some decent claymore type devices in pretty short order.....

The hardest part would be the last ten miles of the twenty mile trip home.....but Gravity Tester is only a short hop from where I work so I could always pic up something to help me get home.  Once I get home....good to go.

But, all I have is a 10/22 and a .38!

And I'd have no idea what to do with that icky propellant!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Ummm I work at an ammunition factory and I have the keys to approx 3,000 rifles, shotguns and handguns.

What is that the Aussies say? "no worries!"
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#33]
I go to school, but there is lots of cover to run behind, I live a mile away.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#34]
I drive a bus.  A 13ton bus moving at 30mph will part a sea of Zombies like Moses.  My first stop is my house, and then off to Sorority Row!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:50:26 PM EDT
[#35]
I work in firearms manufacturing. We have a few post May sample fun guns.
Can you say "Yeehaw" kids?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:53:10 PM EDT
[#36]
What virus is it?
Classic stumbling Zombies? or the rare but scary running high mobility strain? I work in a private school grased k-12 and I will be dealing with 2,000 young zombies. I cant carry at work but I can propably make it to my van if they are the slow ones.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top