Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/15/2005 4:50:01 PM EDT
Thanks for keeping my 'puter healty for a record amount of time.

I just upgraded to Trend Micro's 2006 suite and there are allot of notifications of Svchost.exe trying to get out.

As a part of the registry, I question what is going on in there.

Bad JuJu? How to I figure out WHAT is trying to get out? What in this list is legit, can legit apps be coorupted? I try not to be a moron in the workings but I do lack.

I thank any kind, smart, souls who offer free PC medic knowledge.

-Boom
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:53:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:57:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Boomholzer:
Thanks for keeping my 'puter healty for a record amount of time.

I just upgraded to Trend Micro's 2006 suite and there are allot of notifications of Svchost.exe trying to get out.

As a part of the registry, I question what is going on in there.

Bad JuJu? How to I figure out WHAT is trying to get out? What in this list is legit, can legit apps be coorupted? I try not to be a moron in the workings but I do lack.

I thank any kind, smart, souls who offer free PC medic knowledge.

-Boom

svchost is the generic program in windows that runs and manages services from DLLs.

There is a worm that uses svchost.exe also(welchia/ms blaster), but the program is a part of windows, so it is nothing to be worried about by itself, just if you have the virus.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:09:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/15/2005 5:12:31 PM EDT by Boomholzer]
SubMOA,

I read through that and followed the directions. Not sure on what apps are actually legit or if a legit app became coorupted.

Originally Posted By iamblades:

svchost is the generic program in windows that runs and manages services from DLLs.

There is a worm that uses svchost.exe also(welchia/ms blaster), but the program is a part of windows, so it is nothing to be worried about by itself, just if you have the virus.

iamblades,

I let the subscription lax a month before renewing, would a embedded worm be undetectable if "allowed in" or would the "latest n greatest" dig it out? DLLs should be tied to a app, how do I find out what app is causing svchost.exe to want out?

Top Top