Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:48:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I was in the pawn shop the other day looking for an SKS, when I came across an ultra-rare Lynx...

http://www.thosewerethedays.de/items/hardware_misc/atari_lynx2.jpg

-James
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:38:50 AM EDT
[#2]
The last dead Lynx I saw looked like it had committed suicide. Its precious bodily fluids were spewing out all over the place, and its tattered body was rotten through.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bobcat is a species of lynx. Lynx is actually a genus, not a species.

canadian lynx is lynx canadensis

bobcat is lynx rufus

So technically both of you are right, it IS a lynx, and it IS a bobcat.

But people are using common names, not Latin/scientific names.  They are two different critters known as "lynx" and "bobcat".  

Right, way to back peddle there bub.  :)

I however was referring to the scientific name - that's what google told me!

I will say though that I have learned from many in this thread.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just as a side note I have an awesome, huge picture of a Lynx Canadensis on my wall here in my office.

Lynk
Endangered Status: Listed as endangered in the United States

www.nwf.org/wildlife/images/photo_lynx1.jpg

That is a great picture.  Definitely makes the difference obvious.  I will never make the mistake of misidentifying one.

Had a bobcat walk towards my deer stand last year across a pasture.  I started getting a bit nervous the closer he came.  He didn't see me.

Had visions of a hissing, clawing catfight ending with me diving out of the stand and limping away...  Luckily he finally saw me and strolled off in the other direction.  :)
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:17:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I bet it was the missing lynx all those evolutionists are talking about.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top