Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 12:54:29 PM EDT
It's called "Cell" and is due for release in January 06, the synopsis reads pretty decently.

Book Description

Civilization doesn't end with a bang or a whimper. It ends with a call on your cell phone. What happens on the afternoon of October 1 came to be known as the Pulse, a signal sent though every operating cell phone that turns its user into something...well, something less than human. Savage, murderous, unthinking-and on a wanton rampage. Terrorist act? Cyber prank gone haywire? It really doesn't matter, not to the people who avoided the technological attack. What matters to them is surviving the aftermath. Before long a band of them-"normies" is how they think of themselves-have gathered on the grounds of Gaiten Academy, where the headmaster and one remaining student have something awesome and terrifying to show them on the school's moonlit soccer field. Clearly there can be no escape. The only option is to take them on. CELL is classic Stephen King, a story of gory horror and white-knuckling suspense that makes the unimaginable entirely plausible and totally fascinating.

I've been reading so many military themed books as of late that I think that this will be a refreshing break.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:56:42 PM EDT
Mindless zombies on cell-phones: my usual evening commute or Stephen King novel?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:58:53 PM EDT
haha, killing zombie yuppies who use their cell phones too much, it's like every arfcommer's fantasy!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:59:22 PM EDT
So basically the entire Third World where everyone is too poor to own a cell phone escapes unscathed? What kind of justice is that?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:59:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mcnielsen:
Mindless zombies on cell-phones: my usual evening commute or Stephen King novel?

From my daily commute, you'd think most of these cell-phone bitches have already been infected.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:05:54 PM EDT
Quick! Some on remake the Red Dawn of the Dead Heat Movie to include this!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:06:02 PM EDT
Hands free?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:09:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By captainpooby:
Hands free?

Greentooth.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:10:50 PM EDT
Oh wow finally a book to masturbate too!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:13:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Fat_McNasty:

Tossing a salad?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:15:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DzlBenz:

Originally Posted By Fat_McNasty:

Tossing a salad?

What?!? You want some ranch dressing with that?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:15:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tc556guy:
So basically the entire Third World where everyone is too poor to own a cell phone escapes unscathed? What kind of justice is that?

Third-world cell phone technology is quite advanced.
Imagine not needing to lay millios of miles of cable.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:18:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SJSAMPLE:

+1

In Egypt, landlines = teh suxxor. The US is at least a full generation behind the rest of the world in mobile phone technology.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:24:20 PM EDT
Hey McNasty, volume 2 of the training manuals was even better than vol. 1.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:30:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By captainpooby:
Hey McNasty, volume 2 of the training manuals was even better than vol. 1.

DOH!!! Im me a link to where ya got them.. Ill do a little after X-mas shopping with my x-mas money!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:12:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SJSAMPLE:

Wonder what sort of payment plans they have for third world countries
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:09:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/17/2005 8:09:57 PM EDT by FedGunner]

Originally Posted By mcnielsen:

Actually that is your client list.....

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:21:34 PM EDT
Sounds like my trip to the mall today - thousands of mindless zombies yacking into cell phones with a few wearing those goddamn stupid ass looking bluetooth earpieces. I can't believe I let my wife drag my ass down there.

I'll get the book when it comes out on audible.com
Top Top