Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2005 12:47:43 PM EDT
Shipped a package with UPS on the 13th. I sent it Next day air to be delivered before 10:30am on the 14th.  From a fault of theirs (I heard missing shipping papers and a late airplane) it is now still in Houston today.

The only thing they have offered is 1. to put it back in the pool to go next day air to the destination or 2. give me back the package and a refund of $45 the amount I paid in the beginning me being out 2 days on a package i wanted to be there yesterday.

So Assuming they can do their job right this time it will have taken a total of 3 days to get there and I paid 45 for this service.

Or They give me back the package and a refund and I go to the trouble of using FedEx and more of my time and gas to get it settled and haveing them waste 2 days.

This is terrible service am i right?

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:49:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Fed-Ex beats the pants off UPS every day of the week for must ship / time situations.

Next time use Fed-Ex
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:05:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Bullshit.  They owe you a total refund AFTER delivering the package as guaranteed.

From UPS's website:

In the event UPS fails to attempt delivery within the time published on the UPS Web site, or as provided when 1-800-PICK-UPS is called, UPS, at its option, will either credit or refund the transportation charges for each such package to the payer only, upon request, subject to the following conditions. This is the sole remedy available under the UPS Service Guarantee.

(a) UPS's guaranteed delivery schedule has been obtained by referencing UPS's Web site or contacting a UPS Customer Service office. "On-time" means, subject to the terms of this UPS Service Guarantee, delivery is attempted within the UPS guaranteed delivery schedule.

(b) Each package is properly recorded on a UPS source document or in a UPS automated shipping system.

(c) Each package in a shipment bears the appropriate UPS tracking label and an address label, or a combined label generated by a UPS automated shipping system, showing the consignee's correct name, deliverable address (UPS does not provide delivery to a P.O. box) and ZIP Code (or postal code for international shipments). In addition, UPS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to honor a request for a credit or refund of transportation charges for a package when that package is not accompanied by a smart label and timely Package Level Detail (PLD) information, as defined in the UPS Tariff, at the time the package is tendered to UPS.

www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/service/terms/service.html  About 3/8ths of the way down the page.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:08:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:11:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Bullshit.  They owe you a total refund AFTER delivering the package as guaranteed.

+1
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:19:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Tell them to send it and use FedEx next time...
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:19:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2

... on a related note, I actually got a refund for the Post Office for an express next day delibery - and it was even delivered, just not QUITE on time.  It was guaranteed by noon the next day, but their own on-line record showed that it wasn't delivered until 1:15 PM - I brought the print-out into my local post office and they gave me a refund right there.

I thought I was going to have to pitch a fit and argue with them for weeks.  

Hopefully you'll get your refund pretty easily.

But - like others have said - when it absolutely has to be there, always use FedEx.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top