Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:26:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Of course next they'll tell you that a FMJ is more likely to go through a vest, therefore you shouldn't have FMJ's either.  Which leaves you with...rocksalt?

Once the camel gets his nose in the tent....
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:29:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I would think that dum-dum bullets are easier to stop by bullet-proof vests than FMJ bullets.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:30:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Handguns are illegal in NYC.  They (handguns) are only available to people who can be trusted - the police.  

Where do you get your information?
Stop confusing NYC with DC.

Don't you have to get a permit to own a gun in NYC?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:32:35 PM EDT
[#4]
We definitely need to perfect the Haliburton weather machine.  One good hurricane strike and the gun grabbers go by-by.  Then we can begin work on the Haliburton Earthquake Machine to take care of California.  Problem solved.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:36:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Handguns are illegal in NYC.  They (handguns) are only available to people who can be trusted - the police.  

yes, and a lot of people do them, and by a lot, I mean the rich and famous.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:43:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes you do, it's not too hard to get a target permit(actually called Premises permit in NYC), but it's VERY difficult to get an unrestricted carry permit.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:56:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted: "Our mission is to stop violent felons," said Patrolmen's Benevolent Association President Patrick Lynch. "There is no reason for anyone else to have that ability." ... "They are less likely to penetrate the intended target and hit a bystander," said Deputy Police Commissioner Paul Browne.
Is that some sort of Democrap funding union? And yeah, that's why hollow-points should be available to civilians, too.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:03:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hollowed bullet easy to get & hard to survive
BY ALISON GENDAR and DAVE GOLDINER
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS
Monday, December 12th, 2005

http://www.nydailynews.com/12-12-200...p-317961c.html

Hollow-point bullets like the one used in the slaying of Officer Daniel Enchautegui are much deadlier than ordinary bullets - and nearly as easy to get.

Cops favor using the hollow-point bullets because they are less likely to pass through a target and ricochet into a fellow cop or bystander.

But they want their public sale banned to keep them out of the hands of thugs like Enchautegui's alleged killers, Steven Armento and Lillo Brancato.

"Our mission is to stop violent felons," said Patrolmen's Benevolent Association President Patrick Lynch. "There is no reason for anyone else to have that ability."

Armento allegedly shot Enchautegui with his father's .357-caliber handgun, loaded with the hollow-point bullets.

Anyone with a gun permit can buy the hollow-points in a gun shop. They also are readily available on the black market.

"Anybody can go out and buy them," said Michael Palladino, head of the Detectives' Endowment Association.

The main difference between hollow-point and regular, "full-metal jacket" bullets is that the hollow-points flatten on impact and expand inside a target.

The NYPD switched to the new ammo in 1999.

"They are less likely to penetrate the intended target and hit a bystander," said Deputy Police Commissioner Paul Browne.

An on-duty cop's bulletproof vest would likely provide the same protection from a hollow-point as a regular bullet.

With Robert F. Moore

Relation to fat ass Michael Moore?  NY is close to Canada!!!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
sure,

just like i see no need for the NYPD to need hicap mags or them fancy copper jacketed civillian slaying bulletts. no cop should ever need more than a 38 special with lead wadcutters.

Better yet, they should simply return to the cap & ball. Dragoons for everyone!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:42:21 PM EDT
[#10]
The NYPD already has a 12.5lb trigger pull on their Glocks. These people are fucking idiots!

That whole state needs a friggin bleaching.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:49:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Armento allegedly shot Enchautegui with his father's .357-caliber handgun, loaded with the hollow-point bullets.

So if he got shot in the heart whith FMJ rather then a hollow point he would have lived ?  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:51:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
"Our mission is to stop violent felons," said Patrolmen's Benevolent Association President Patrick Lynch. "There is no reason for anyone else to have that ability."

I'll go along with this if the police department will assign a police officer to every one citizen that lives in the jurisdiction 24/7.  Example.  A family of five would have five police officers guarding them.  Everyone knows that cops can't be everywhere.  The average citizen stands a better chance protecting themselves and that of others by being armed, especially with proven bullet designs, rather than waiting for the police to come to their rescue.

Also, like another anti-gun law is going to make a difference.  We have seen how effective gun bans have been.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:54:42 PM EDT
[#13]

OKAY THATS ENOUGH!  EVERYONE TO FLORIDA.

come on, lets go ...

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:55:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted: They also are readily available on the black market.

So then how would banning them stop the use by criminals??????
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Same way banning guns to felons work.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:00:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I wonder what their position is regarding mercury core bullets?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:09:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

So if he got shot in the heart whith FMJ rather then a hollow point he would have lived ?  

It just wouldn't have hurt as much.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:12:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Lets see:

The shooter was in possession of an illegal handgun - Felony #1

The shooter was in possession of ammunition in violation of NYC Admin Code

The shooter was committing a burglary - Felony #2

The shooter fired at the PO - Felony #3

When was the last time a Police Commissioner, Police Chief or PBA president said anything that made any sense?

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Fuck you!

+1
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:24:44 PM EDT
[#20]
New sig line to relfect the new, higher level of asshattery.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:27:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Sure there is, and there is also a need to get rid of despotic rulers.

GR
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:30:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

readily available on the black market

Huh?

So are digital cameras.....

Class, if they're already "readily available" illegally, can legislation prevent their sale? Anyone? Bueller?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#23]
I can't even comment on something so stupid.

Where does one start

GM
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:45:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Anyone with a gun permit can buy the hollow-points in a gun shop. They also are readily available on the black market.

And they will stay available on the black market for criminals long after they are illegal for law abiding people. When hollow-points are outlawed, only outlaws will have hollow-points.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

And they will stay available on the black market for criminals long after they are illegal for law abiding people. When hollow-points are outlawed, only outlaws will have hollow-points.

Soft point + drill bit = hollow point.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:03:49 PM EDT
[#26]

A classic example of the Liberal cop mentality! Contradiction and Hypocricy!

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:30:05 PM EDT
[#27]
e-mail sent to: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Mr. Lynch,
I just got done reading some of your comments in the article titled "Hollowed bullet easy to get & hard to survive" that I saw at http://www.nydailynews.com/12-12-2005/news/story/374014p-317961c.html.  I am convinced that either you know very little about law enforcement, or you are intentionally spreading propaganda, or both.

You say: "Our mission is to stop violent felons.  There is no reason for anyone else to have that ability."  If you want to keep hollow-points away from felons, why are you seeking to ban them from law abiding citizens?  You real goal is to ban these bullets for everyone.  The article states: "Anyone with a gun permit can buy the hollow-points in a gun shop."  If all one needs is a gun permit to buy them, then why don't you just pass a law that prohibits violent felons from getting gun permits, and while you're at it, you make it illegal for a convicted felon to have a gun as well.  I also think that cocaine trafficking and prostitution are bad things too, so lets pass laws against those so that all the problems that stem from those things will magically disappear.  I hope you see the irony in my statement, and the hypocrisy in yours.

The article goes on to say: "Cops favor using the hollow-point bullets because they are less likely to pass through a target and ricochet into a fellow cop or bystander."  And it later reads: ""They are less likely to penetrate the intended target and hit a bystander," said Deputy Police Commissioner Paul Browne."  Are you proposing that citizens now carry a bullet that is less safe than a hollow-point?  Would you have felt better if Steven Armento would have shot Officer Daniel Enchautegui with full metal jacketed bullets, and have them pass cleanly through Enchautegui's body and continue their ballistic flight until they kill or maim another innocent person?

You should take a hard look at FBI crime data from state to state in the US.  Those states that have the least restrictive gun laws almost always have lower crime rates than states with gun restrictive laws.  Criminals will always have guns and ammo.  All you're doing is making their profession easier by disarming their victims.

Respectfully Submitted,
txgp17
Kernersville, NC
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:37:23 AM EDT
[#28]
"After the arraignment, PBA President Patrick Lynch once again called on elected officials to toughen state gun laws and reinstate the death penalty."

New York State already has the strictest handgun laws in the U.S. New York City has a special gun court that fast tracks gun prosecutions in the city. The dirt bag was already prohibited under both Federal AND NYS law from possessing firearms and ammunition.

So Mr. Lynch how would any additional legislation have prevented this shooting?  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:45:24 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Send letters to: President Patrick J. Lynch, Vice-President John Puglissi and Vice-President Mubarak Abdul-Jabbar. E-mail's are a waste of time.

Patrolmen's Benevolent Association
40 Fulton Street
New York, NY 10038-1850
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:48:07 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Mr. Lynch,
I just got done reading some of your comments in the article titled "Hollowed bullet easy to get & hard to survive" that I saw at http://www.nydailynews.com/12-12-2005/news/story/374014p-317961c.html.  I am convinced that either you know very little about law enforcement, or you are intentionally spreading propaganda, or both.

You say: "Our mission is to stop violent felons.  There is no reason for anyone else to have that ability."  If you want to keep hollow-points away from felons, why are you seeking to ban them from law abiding citizens?  You real goal is to ban these bullets for everyone.  The article states: "Anyone with a gun permit can buy the hollow-points in a gun shop."  If all one needs is a gun permit to buy them, then why don't you just pass a law that prohibits violent felons from getting gun permits, and while you're at it, you make it illegal for a convicted felon to have a gun as well.  I also think that cocaine trafficking and prostitution are bad things too, so lets pass laws against those so that all the problems that stem from those things will magically disappear.  I hope you see the irony in my statement, and the hypocrisy in yours.

The article goes on to say: "Cops favor using the hollow-point bullets because they are less likely to pass through a target and ricochet into a fellow cop or bystander."  And it later reads: ""They are less likely to penetrate the intended target and hit a bystander," said Deputy Police Commissioner Paul Browne."  Are you proposing that citizens now carry a bullet that is less safe than a hollow-point?  Would you have felt better if Steven Armento would have shot Officer Daniel Enchautegui with full metal jacketed bullets, and have them pass cleanly through Enchautegui's body and continue their ballistic flight until they kill or maim another innocent person?

You should take a hard look at FBI crime data from state to state in the US.  Those states that have the least restrictive gun laws almost always have lower crime rates than states with gun restrictive laws.  Criminals will always have guns and ammo.  All you're doing is making their profession easier by disarming their victims.

Respectfully Submitted,
txgp17
Kernersville, NC

Well said.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:01:34 AM EDT
[#31]
www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/story/366134p-311751c.html

Police union to give Eliot an early nod

Eliot Spitzer expects to get an early endorsement today in his bid for governor from the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association.

The PBA and its president, Patrick Lynch, have slated a news conference today to back Spitzer, currently New York's attorney general and the lone announced Democrat in the 2006 governor's race.

There is speculation that newly reelected Nassau County Executive Tom Suozzi is poised to wage a challenge for the Democratic nomination.

"This is a preemptive strike by Spitzer to make it appear his nomination is inevitable," Baruch College political science Prof. Doug Muzzio said of the PBA endorsement.

Republicans angling to replace Gov. Pataki include William Weld, the former governor of Massachusetts; former Assembly GOP Leader John Faso; former New York Secretary of State Randy Daniels, and Assemblyman Patrick Manning (R-Hudson).

In addition, upstate billionaire Tom Golisano is expected to jump into the race in January.

Joe Mahoney
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:15:07 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I never knew that there was a blackmarket for hollowpoints

Isle 8 right between the "Armor-Peircing" and even deadlier "Black Talon" rounds across from the .50cal "Sniper" rounds.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:49:41 AM EDT
[#33]
bump
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:18:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Just to clear up some info on NJ, they ban the use of hollow points in a concealed weapon but you can buy them to shoot at the gun range or hunt.

Don't worry a cop in NJ (my former neighbor) told me that since I owned HP bullets that I was a felon, that is unless I removed them from my house to another state.  Then I researched it and found out its illegal to carry them (the bullets) in a concealed firearm unless you are a cop, Fed cop, or on business(?).  You can buy them, but cannot use them in a concealed firearm.  Doesn't make sense, but that is NJ.

Oh yeah, and all the cops who carry into NJ under HR218, it applies to you too.  Sick, I know.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

HeyGO FUCK YOURSELF WITH A CHAINSAW.

Holy shit what a colossal dick head.

hr

Chainsaw sex... mmm good.

+1 *10000

More victim disarmament from the safest city in America.

Stupid fucks.

John
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:56:01 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I never knew that there was a blackmarket for hollowpoints

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top